New GTS Inbound!

All your ordering information here!
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

Hi,

Thanks to all of you on this forum which has been a great resource speccing up my new GTS!

Having been originally quoted March delivery by my local dealer, I rang around a bit and found another close by that had just got a new November build slot for December delivery :D I snapped it up and put the deposit down last week. Lock date for the spec should be early October apparently. Here's where I am at the moment:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMJ69DV6

I haven't seen much love for Jet Black Metallic round here, lots of people saying it gets dirty easily and doesn't look as good. Is the Volcano Grey any better though? That would be the alternative for me.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

Colour is a personal choice. Over the years I've had two black cars (both Fords) one flat black and one metallic. Both looked great when just cleaned but got dirty very quickly.

If you stick with black then I'd suggest adding the GTS logo on the sideblades in a different colour, perhaps red to match the brake calipers. I've got the standard black sideblades and the logo is virtually invisible.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

Stealthy, nice.

Good shout on the red GTS logo to go with the calipers.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Very Darth Vader look - black body and wheels. Definitely colour GTS logo on Sideblades to lift it a bit. The black rear logos on the hatch lid will be pretty well invisible too. 8-)

Keeping black (or any dark colour) clean will depend on where you live. I live in a rural area with country lanes to the A-roads and it would be a nightmare for me. :evil: :twisted: :roll: Dirty again in 10 metres! :oops:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Never understood these comments about black getting dirty easily.

All colours get dirty and show the dirt. They all look nice clean. They all look rubbish dirty.

Nothing that annoys me more than the amount of dirty grey/silver cars on the roads as they think they look OK when dirty.

Get the colour you want, and wash it :-)
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Welcome, your spec looks good. Black is less forgiving than Volcano but with the standard GTS wheels I personally think it’s the better choice. If you have a good cleaning and paint protection routine no problem, just don’t let anyone else clean it, including your OPC 😳😖
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

MaCantabrigian wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:40 am Hi,

Thanks to all of you on this forum which has been a great resource speccing up my new GTS!

Having been originally quoted March delivery by my local dealer, I rang around a bit and found another close by that had just got a new November build slot for December delivery :D I snapped it up and put the deposit down last week. Lock date for the spec should be early October apparently. Here's where I am at the moment:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMJ69DV6

I haven't seen much love for Jet Black Metallic round here, lots of people saying it gets dirty easily and doesn't look as good. Is the Volcano Grey any better though? That would be the alternative for me.

Any other suggestions would be welcome!
Ive got a Macan S on order and due for collection next month and I ordered Jet Black Metallic because I think it looks better with a Mojave interior which I really like (personal opinion)

I have had 4 Grey BMWs before this and a black one before that. I just wanted a change from grey this time round but I think both are great colours... The grey is dark enough that it will show dirt as well as the blaqck one but I dont much care as if mine does it shows I have been out driving and enjoying the car.

I see it as a fun and sporty CUV not a trophy but we are all different !

Truth be told, If I was going with a dark interior this time I was tempted with Miami Blue, Mamba Green or Crayon despite protests from my kids that the first two only look good for the two months we have sunshine but I want the Mojave interior.

Whatever you order I am sure you will love it as I know nobody that has not been happy driving any kind of Macan (even down to the base model).
MaCantabrigian

Post by MaCantabrigian »

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I'm pretty sure I'll stick with the Jet Black Metallic.

Red GTS logos on the side blades is something I am considering, but I'm not sure I find it necessary. I really like the black on black look (if you couldn't tell!) and I kinda think that anyone who knows enough to care will recognise a GTS anyway, I don't need to advertise it. That's why I'm also happy with the black logos on the rear. I do love the red brake callipers though, but I think that's probably enough of a pop for me.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

My Cayenne is jet black, looks special when clean and not that hard to keep at all as long as your not too anal
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I’m too anal for black so will never own one unless in an older car that I’m not quite as fussy about.