December Build

All your ordering information here!
kevvyb

Post by kevvyb »

Morning gents,

Apologies if this has been asked before!

I recently ordered my first ever Porsche which was a Macan S and was scheduled for an October build to be delivered in November... Basically Guaranteed to be in the UK before Jan 1st (so I was told). However, after a week I just didn't get the Buzz I thought I would from buying a Porsche. The reason being we test drove both the Macan S and GTS and I loved the GTS but we settled with the S with it being more 'comfier' according to the other half.

Yesterday I actually changed the order to the Macan GTS. However, due to lack of GTS build slots the schedule date for it to be at the Porsche centre is now the 24th of December. That leaves it mighty fine to be in the UK before potentially having to pay an extra 10%.

Does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of scheduled Vs actual delivery dates? Admittedly we're in unprecedented times due to Covid etc.

I have to be honest I didn't sleep too well last night. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :idea:

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Welcome kevvyb.

I ordered my Gen II GTS on 18 Dec, just after it had been announced. Delivery to the OPC happened on 19 March. I was due to collect it on 25 March, but lock down stopped that. It was eventually delivered to me on 1 June. My OPC, deferred registering it, stored inside their building, covered the cost of the increased road tax from 1 April plus paid for the covered truck delivery of my GTS with full Covid precautions.

I suggest you ask your OPC for a guaranteed fixed price, as of today. Alternatively a full refund of your deposit if it goes up for any reason. Nothing ventured nothing gained....
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Welcome kevvyb,
The build slot is pretty accurate although the despatch and shipping time can vary. First point to clear with your OPC is that they have an allocated build slot for you and you have fixed down the spec and completed. My current build slot was September, don’t know if it’s completed (haven’t asked) but suspect I will get a call before the end of this month to say it’s with them. Some members track their delivery and can advise how this is done.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
kevvyb

Post by kevvyb »

Hi SAC1 and MikeM.

Thank you for your replies. I did speak to my OPC and they were pretty clear they wouldn't be paying for the Tariff but I can divorce from the agreement due to the relatively high spec in a vanilla colour.

I believe have an allocated build slot which was actually a cancellation. I was hard pressed yesterday about what Spec I wanted so I assume it has been locked down. The only thing I'm not 100% on is the colour. Here is my Spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMEEWC29
kevvyb

Post by kevvyb »

Also does the inbuilt Sat Nav show the speed limits if you don't have the Speed Limit Indicator?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

kevvyb wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:02 am Also does the inbuilt Sat Nav show the speed limits if you don't have the Speed Limit Indicator?
No.

Have you considered this option to cover the hole at the base of the centre console.....

Capture.PNG

Steve

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:34 am
kevvyb wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:02 am Also does the inbuilt Sat Nav show the speed limits if you don't have the Speed Limit Indicator?
No.

Have you considered this option to cover the hole at the base of the centre console.....

Capture.PNG

Are you about the speed limit display? My Gen 1 GTS showed the speed limit and didn’t have the option.
kevvyb

Post by kevvyb »

Yes does the Sat Nav show the speed limit as a reference rather than having the camera recognition indicator option.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Capture.PNG

The way permanent limits are changing frequently (invariably to a lower limit) and for temporary limits, then this is a low cost licence saver.
Steve

kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

kevvyb wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:47 am Morning gents,

Apologies if this has been asked before!

I recently ordered my first ever Porsche which was a Macan S and was scheduled for an October build to be delivered in November... Basically Guaranteed to be in the UK before Jan 1st (so I was told). However, after a week I just didn't get the Buzz I thought I would from buying a Porsche. The reason being we test drove both the Macan S and GTS and I loved the GTS but we settled with the S with it being more 'comfier' according to the other half.

Yesterday I actually changed the order to the Macan GTS. However, due to lack of GTS build slots the schedule date for it to be at the Porsche centre is now the 24th of December. That leaves it mighty fine to be in the UK before potentially having to pay an extra 10%.

Does anyone have any experience with the accuracy of scheduled Vs actual delivery dates? Admittedly we're in unprecedented times due to Covid etc.

I have to be honest I didn't sleep too well last night. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :idea:
Good choice on S to GTS switch. GT heated wheel, Sport Design mirrors, spare wheel, smoker pack would all be spec additions I would recommend. Bose would go to fund, but your spec is good – personal preference.

My understanding of customs clearance is not specific to cars, but i assume it works the same way. Goods arriving into any EU country are required to clear customs and import duties taxes are chargeable; This is not at the point of sale/collection (from OPC), but when the boat with your car onboard arrives at the destination country border. I would think this would be a week or so before your predicted OPC handover date of the 24th.

Also we still are under EU trade terms until the 31st of December nothing would apply until after that date regardless - if indeed a last min deal is not brokered or an extension.

I think you should be safe and it’s very unlikely you will be charged any import duty to pay based on your date.

If this 10% does become applicable in future, you have just given your trade in value a boost vs those looking to buy new at a 10% premium – I am pretty doubtful that a last min deal will not be done to avoid this, Germany sells lots of high margin cars to the lucrative UK market and a 10% tariff is not something they will be looking for, but who knows.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)