First Porsche. Advice needed.

All your ordering information here!
kmacuk

Post by kmacuk »

Get the spare wheel. 30+ years since I needed one until I did 6months into ownership and a pothole took out the tyre. £161 is a bargain, you get the jack tools and a working spare that took me less than 20mins to change, rather than waiting 2+hrs to call Porsche assist. If you try and buy this after purchase its £500+, no brainer for me.

Pan roof is indeed an expected option that gives back most of the purchase price and does give good light to the interior.

I would add dipping mirrors, 75L tank (a must) & metallic paint.

Typically, the higher GFV of the S over the base 2L means the PCP payments are very close. You get a wheel change, twin sports exhausts & piano interior trim along with a V6/twin scroll turbo & 6 pot upgraded brakes - pretty good for £2.4k add and a much better dynamic driving car if that's what you are looking for.

You will see maybe 3-4 mpg worse on the bigger engine, which is a minimal cost vs depreciation.
Arrived March 2020 - Sapphire 2020 GTS (PL17PEQ3)

Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Agree that the pano roof is a must, I also think a spare wheel is a must.
It looks like you are trying to be sensible with the costs, but I also think the Macan S is the better deal.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Agree regarding the Pano Roof but I have a spare wheel ordered for my S that I collect in 2 weeks time and feel it is worthwhile personally.

The base Macan is perfectly ok but the S feels and sounds far more dynamic and has the wheels you want plus there is very little in the way of a fuel economy decline so it is probably a better deal if you can stretch to it but don't worry about it if not, whatever you get will be a superb car from what I remember about my test drive.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

geomacan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm Agree regarding the Pano Roof but I have a spare wheel ordered for my S that I collect in 2 weeks time and feel it is worthwhile personally.

The base Macan is perfectly ok but the S feels and sounds far more dynamic and has the wheels you want plus there is very little in the way of a fuel economy decline so it is probably a better deal if you can stretch to it but don't worry about it if not, whatever you get will be a superb car from what I remember about my test drive.
Hope you're well @geomacan, I have a build completion date of 28/10 now! since you are ahead of me, I was just curious to know what your build completion date to expected delivery time has been / is looking like?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

MCDK wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:12 am
Access to the 12v power point being preferred to USB ports - you are showing your age lol
You didn't read my post correctly. Smoker pack removes the two rear USB ports (to make way for a rear ashtray) so without it you get better access to the front 12V point and the two rear USB ports.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

On-Track wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:48 am
MCDK wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:12 am
Access to the 12v power point being preferred to USB ports - you are showing your age lol
You didn't read my post correctly. Smoker pack removes the two rear USB ports (to make way for a rear ashtray) so without it you get better access to the front 12V point and the two rear USB ports.

It was the wanting to access the 12v socket part I was referring to but never mind.
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm
geomacan wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm Agree regarding the Pano Roof but I have a spare wheel ordered for my S that I collect in 2 weeks time and feel it is worthwhile personally.

Hope you're well @geomacan, I have a build completion date of 28/10 now! since you are ahead of me, I was just curious to know what your build completion date to expected delivery time has been / is looking like?

Hi there Citadel. My car is at Emden and present and I am so far booked to receive it on 23rd at the OPC. I just received my invite to a track day at PEC Silverstone. My OPC have kept me informed really well and my date of leaving the factory on Oct 9 was spot on.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

geomacan wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:27 pm
citadel1 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:51 pm

Hi there Citadel. My car is at Emden and present and I am so far booked to receive it on 23rd at the OPC. I just received my invite to a track day at PEC Silverstone. My OPC have kept me informed really well and my date of leaving the factory on Oct 9 was spot on.
Hi @geomacan, that's great news! I am starting to get more regular updates as well now from my OPC, hopefully it should only take a few weeks to get here following build completion - enjoy the track day!
JLR

Post by JLR »

Reading the above comments, having received my MY21 GTS today with smoking pack option included, it has 2x USB-C outlets in the rear. I hope this helps.
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

JLR wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:25 pm Reading the above comments, having received my MY21 GTS today with smoking pack option included, it has 2x USB-C outlets in the rear. I hope this helps.
Yes it does because the configurator pictures still show them being replaced by a rear ashtray. You've obviously got one of the first MY21 GTS.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel