First Porsche. Advice needed.

All your ordering information here!
GavalarW

Post by GavalarW »

Hi Everyone,

I have just recently joined your forum but have been reading the many informative posts over the last few months.

I am looking to order a Macan 2L with the following optional extras:
18” S Wheels
Partial leather
75L fuel tank
Privacy Glass
Smoke Package
Spare wheel
Side blades exterior colour
Side window trims black

Just wondering if there is anything glaringly missing from this proposed build?

I have never bought a Porsche before and I am generally used to negotiating discounts etc. However I realise this isn’t the case with the Macan. However, what should I be aiming for when I visit the OPC tomorrow? Regarding PCP, the interest rate appears to be 6.4% - is this generally negotiable? What GFV would you expect for a 48 month term, 8000 miles PA? Can anyone provide an indication as to a typical monthly payment for the base model with 5k deposit? (finance examples I find online all seem to be based on the Macan S).

Last but not least, despite the 3L engine and upgraded wheels...what is the other differences between base Macan and S? Is there much of a difference with fuel economy for day to day travel?

Thanks all.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You won’t get any reduction on the Porsche finance rate. Many in here have financed with others such as Clydesdale where the rate the last time I enquired was 4.2% APR. saves a good bit of cash overall.
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Pano roof is missing from your spec which I’m sure you have thought about. Some like it and some don’t but the likers exceed the non likers to the extent many trade buyers will insist on pano roof to offer a bid. It’s very likely you will get a lot of the cost of the roof back at resale time.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

I have never bought a Porsche before and I am generally used to negotiating discounts etc. However I realise this isn’t the case with the Macan.

Wrong assumption.

Yes not as easy as buying a Audi for example but find the right OPC with the right salesperson and manager you’ll get something.

If your used to negotiating then you should be able to push the right buttons.

Good luck.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

I remember looking at a Macan S demonstrator last year which had around £12k of options. Best deal was £5k deposit and £690 pm.

Porsche Glasgow.
2015 Macan SD - Carrara White
Pan Roof, PDLS, Sport Design Kit with rear mid section painted, 20inch RS Spyders, PCM/Nav, ACC, Lane Keep Assist, Lane Change Assist, Black Sports Tailpipes etc
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Why waste money on a spare wheel? If you have a puncture the AA have a spare wheel for you on their van .I have just ordered a 2 litre, my second, and I think the pan roof helped with the price I got as part exchange .Dont overdo the options.I have negotiated a 1 k reduction.You don't mention metallic paint, but basic white looks good on the Macan. They don't like the word discount.Ask if there are any further contributions they are willing to make to get a sale.Ask if they have any stock cars.You may get a good deal on one they already have or can get their hands on.
GavalarW

Post by GavalarW »

Thanks everyone. Really useful.

I have been reading the ‘How to Spec’ thread...is it right that the smokers package removes two USB ports from the rear console? Seems like a big loss?!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Rhys's view on a spare wheel. I know this is tempting fate but it was more than 45 years ago that I had a puncture that actually brought me to a stand. If you buy a compressor and Holts tyre repair kit from Amazon (these are no longer standard) you have a backup and a useful under boot storage area.

The panoramic roof gives a real lightness to the interior and IMHO is worth the money just for that.

Yes the smoker pack removes the two rear USB C ports. I've never understood the forum's fascination with this option. Without it you have easy access to the 12V power point and a temporary storage for car park tickets.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I too agree about not having a spare wheel. I value the panoramic roof for the extra light and the tilt / retract features that I use regularly.

My GTS has the two rear USB-C ports: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=10071&p=199255#p199255
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

On-Track wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:48 am Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Rhys's view on a spare wheel. I know this is tempting fate but it was more than 45 years ago that I had a puncture that actually brought me to a stand. If you buy a compressor and Holts tyre repair kit from Amazon (these are no longer standard) you have a backup and a useful under boot storage area.

The panoramic roof gives a real lightness to the interior and IMHO is worth the money just for that.

Yes the smoker pack removes the two rear USB C ports. I've never understood the forum's fascination with this option. Without it you have easy access to the 12V power point and a temporary storage for car park tickets.
Access to the 12v power point being preferred to USB ports - you are showing your age lol