Tyre sealant and Compressor

All your ordering information here!
pmg

Post by pmg »

SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:24 am At......£29.85 & FREE Delivery.....for both, then that's excellent value for money given their sealant alone is currently £21.99.
and the £42 Porsche charge on the configurator if ordered with a New Macan at present.

I carry spare wheel included in build plus sealant on a belt and braces approach
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MikeM wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:09 pm
SAC1 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:17 pm Or it's a slow puncture, then proceed at no more than 50 mph to the nearest tyre depot. Avoid sudden braking or rapid cornering.

Once alerted by the car, check the actual pressure on the TPM screen and add air via the onboard compressor or at the nearest garage, if needed. Before your trip to the tyre depot, if it's more than a few miles.
Unless you ticked the options box the point made is that there is now “No Onboard Compressor” 😖 much simpler and foolproof solution is to always tick the Spare Wheel 😉
Spare Wheel. Hardly foolproof.....
1. Real and present personal danger of conducting a roadside wheel swap :evil:
2. The 18" to 21" punctured alloy and tyre needs to be 'stored' somewhere inside the Macan. Likely to be dirty & / or wet. :(
3. The temporary spare has to be deflated and quite a lot of time allowed for it to be returned to its original storage size to fit under the boot floor again in the wheel well

The limitations on speed and distance durability of the temporary spare wheel is another factor.

If a slow puncture - see my post above. If a complete deflation - call the breakdown service. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

MCDK wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:16 pm Phone the recovery service I guess and wait maybe 2 hours for them to show up.
Perhaps in some places; I waited 20mins in central France, breakdown truck to tyre depot, new tyre sourced & collected by taxi, on my way within 4hrs, allowing 90minutes French lunchtime. Although I had the inflatable wheel plus sealant and kit to change the wheel, there was no point on a busy road a long way from Calais on the way home.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16
CharlesElliott

Post by CharlesElliott »

This is a bit like arguing which is better, red or blue. People are not going to be persuaded.
Macan GTS: PH1UFLL8
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

CharlesElliott wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:21 am This is a bit like arguing which is better, red or blue. People are not going to be persuaded.
Blue is best. :lol:
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070