S model year 21

All your ordering information here!
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Hi all,

My experience of buying from Porsche has been nothing short of a nightmare and if the car was not so good I would probably have cancelled my order.

I started at Porsche Reading where the sales guy spent most of my pre appointment call trying to get me to change my choice to a Cayenne Coupe and when I refused, I turned up to find he had palmed me off with someone else who basically agreed a PEx with me for my BMW in principal and then never answered another email or call from me.

I switched to a different OPC who had been great and ordered an S model with some optionals and what with Traffic Jam assist disappearing just before I locked it in and then the spec changing for MY21, it has been a little unstable knowing what I was going to get....thankfully I still get ACC even though that vanished off the configurator last week.

Then the car left Emden on 9th Oct, was over here shortly after and has been stuck in Sheerness for 9 days as there is a backlog and today they called me up to tell me that they have not yet received a government certificate of entitlement for the MY21 Macan S so are unable to register any MY21 S models until probably the end of November. Has anyone who ordered a new Model 21 S recently had a similar story ?

Its been a bit of a shambles although they are now going to loan me a Panamera for a month since I have sold my car myself and it will be insured and full of petrol so I might have to go on a roadtrip.

Never had so many issues trying to buy a car and it is not really down to Covid.

And before anyone says anything, I didnt want a GTS or a Turbo (or a base). :D

ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

It does sound a nightmare but at least you have a Panamera for a month - not all bad news :D :D
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

ScotMac wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm It does sound a nightmare but at least you have a Panamera for a month - not all bad news :D :D
Yeah. It was a nice gesture but I was really looking forward to getting my Macan on the road but it is what it is.

Poor planning by Porsche to say the least though. Its not like they release a new model every year....oh wait ! :roll:
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

You’ll love the panny and then the Macan

What’s the rest of the spec.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

Tracky wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:59 pm You’ll love the panny and then the Macan

What’s the rest of the spec.
Have not got it yet.....will pick it up tomorrow.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

I was having a look through this forum and came across this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=8846&start=10

not sure if this is the same thing repeating with MY21 S models now (based on what you have been told @geomacan), in the sense of waiting for the Certificate of Conformity.....

My build is supposed to have completed today and 'now on its journey to the UK' according to my SE....lets see what happens!

Have you had any more updates on yours @geomacan?

geomacan wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:49 pm
ScotMac wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:46 pm It does sound a nightmare but at least you have a Panamera for a month - not all bad news :D :D
Yeah. It was a nice gesture but I was really looking forward to getting my Macan on the road but it is what it is.

Poor planning by Porsche to say the least though. Its not like they release a new model every year....oh wait ! :roll:
geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 am I was having a look through this forum and came across this thread...

not sure if this is the same thing repeating with MY21 S models now (based on what you have been told @geomacan), in the sense of waiting for the Certificate of Conformity.....

My build is supposed to have completed today and 'now on its journey to the UK' according to my SE....lets see what happens!

Yes that is the issue. Mine is at Sheerness but can't be brought back or registered until it has this CoC and they reckon third week of November before the government issues it.

So they have given me a fully loaded loan Panamera 4 e-Hybrid that had 168 miles on the clock and a full tank of fuel since I have sold my BMW and are insuring it for me until mine arrives. Just put 200 miles on the Panamera.....very nice too.

Let me know if you get yours.
citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

Mine was expected to come through around 3rd week of Nov in any case, so hopefully this CoC will be sorted by then! Panamera sounds nice!! I shall definitely keep you updated!
geomacan wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:09 am
citadel1 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:03 am I was having a look through this forum and came across this thread...

Yes that is the issue. Mine is at Sheerness but can't be brought back or registered until it has this CoC and they reckon third week of November before the government issues it.

So they have given me a fully loaded loan Panamera 4 e-Hybrid that had 168 miles on the clock and a full tank of fuel since I have sold my BMW and are insuring it for me until mine arrives. Just put 200 miles on the Panamera.....very nice too.

citadel1

Post by citadel1 »

Lets add another lockdown into the mix now!
citadel1 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:13 am Mine was expected to come through around 3rd week of Nov in any case, so hopefully this CoC will be sorted by then! Panamera sounds nice!! I shall definitely keep you updated!

geomacan

Post by geomacan »

citadel1 wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:03 am Lets add another lockdown into the mix now!
citadel1 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:13 am Mine was expected to come through around 3rd week of Nov in any case, so hopefully this CoC will be sorted by then! Panamera sounds nice!! I shall definitely keep you updated!

That should not make much of a difference. Anyway. I'm putting miles on this Macan at their expense so tough :D