Oil Service

All your ordering information here!
Miami

Post by Miami »

Good morning All,
Replaced our Miami Blue 2.0 with a new Carmine Red S a couple of weeks ago, now I have the portal set up I’ve noticed it is seeking an oil change in Feb 22 - car has covered 450 miles. OPC has said this is because it was moved around on very short journeys pre delivery and the period will move out to become more in line with the 2 year service as use is normalised. Has anyone seen this before ? Thanks ... Andy

PS
Had tried to tell myself the 2.0 was fine power wise, have to say the S is a big step up and love air suspension !

pmg

Post by pmg »

What mileage to oil change plus the mileage I have done is the figure I look at rather than date. The two year period is a max period due to oil ageing even when not "used". On my 2019 S, this started at 20 k and is now 6k +13K. The thousand "lost" was in a period of relatively shorter runs during lockdown 1. Even then I tried to ensure I did few non full warm up cycles ( by this I mean oil temp not reaching 90's) So yes I agree with the OPC if the vehicle just started to be moved, the contaminants from the cold start will not be burned off and the oil quality sensor will pick this up and shorten both mileage and time to due change.

In practice, my date to 1st oil change is still shown as April 2021, 2nd birthday for vehicle and due to commitments in April, I have the vehicle already booked in for ist service, oil change and brake fluid change in late March when I expect total mileage to be about 15 to 16k.

In lockdown one, some on the forum who used their vehicles just for short journeys found they were getting an oil change due message just after 4 to 5k
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Yes our Gen 2 needed service after a year and 10k miles

It’s the new Audi engine that is the problems abs presumably it just records short journeys and takes a life off the maximum 2 year service clock
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Northnoble

Post by Northnoble »

Interesting one this.....I recently bought a 2nd hand Macan SD from an OPC, 6 weeks into ownership it flashed up saying oil service due in 30 days. Thankfully the OPC immediately agreed to carry out the oil service FOC as all pre-approved cars shouldn’t need anything done in the first 3 months.

When I picked up the car it said next oil service due in 10,400 miles which I was disappointed in. However 4 weeks later having done 8 * 110 mile commutes, it is now reading next oil service due in 18,200 miles.

So yes, journey durations make a BIG difference to when the “computer” thinks the next service is due.
Silver Macan SD (Daily)
Italian Racing Red Jaguar FType 5.0 V8 convertible (sunny day fun)
Red/Black Ariel Atom 3 300 (Very sunny day fun)
Silver/Red Mini Coupe JCW (4 curbed alloys - hers!)
Silver Suzuki Jimny (go everywhere fun!)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Northnoble wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:44 pm Interesting one this.....I recently bought a 2nd hand Macan SD from an OPC, 6 weeks into ownership it flashed up saying oil service due in 30 days. Thankfully the OPC immediately agreed to carry out the oil service FOC as all pre-approved cars shouldn’t need anything done in the first 3 months.

When I picked up the car it said next oil service due in 10,400 miles which I was disappointed in. However 4 weeks later having done 8 * 110 mile commutes, it is now reading next oil service due in 18,200 miles.

So yes, journey durations make a BIG difference to when the “computer” thinks the next service is due.
And that is presumably an Audi engine too
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S