MY21 Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Don’t get me wrong all of our cars get driven as they should but the sports chrono adds very little.

What it will feel is slow after a b9 RS4 (which assume 2018 just about is). I had a B8 which sounded much nicer than the B9 but the b9 was clearly a step up in Performance
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S

ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

Evening folks

So what a day it has been today. As I said, I had emailed my centre over the weekend to request the switch and information on build slots etc, but little did I know what drama would follow.

So the weekend was barely up as this morning I received an email saying “send me your spec ASAP as I’ve got a GTS build slot - it’s locking down in 10 days”. At this point I was buzzing as it looked like perfect timing for the MY21 reg and gave me enough time to lock my desired specification. However, this is where the oddities began.

As I was typing my reply to that initial email, I received an email saying “apologies - the date of last amendment is today”. At this point i was quite shocked - did they really expect me to make an absolute decision on spec in just a few hours? He added “sorry to rush you - the next one will be for June delivery you see”. So I went back to him to say that I can’t be doing that and am happy to wait for the next one considering that even this one was late March delivery. This appeared to catch him off-guard. He replied to say “it’s your call” but June was “just an estimate” and he feared that it would be “delivery at the end of 2021” and “Porsche will have some sort of price rise”. At this point, I knew it was just sales tactics as there’s no way they wouldn’t give him a slot for a year, and any price rises are always incremental (and we have a trade deal now anyway). So I gave a firm nod to getting the next one after this.

Now it comes to this evening - he said that he’d given this one to another customer and asked me for a spec to put down for the next one. So I sent him what I’d put together and he came back to me saying “I’ll let you know if it (June/2nd half estimate) changes as it many, but work on the spec over the next week just in case”.

It’s now pretty clear to me that I’ll be given this same slot disguised as a new one next week, but I’ve been taken aback by the lengths he went to in order to secure the deal as at the point of no return today. It completely undermines the glowing reputation of the company, in my view, as I’ve had much more straightforward experiences with other German manufacturers, and even Ford when I ordered the Mustang last autumn.

I’m kind of tempted to turn around to him next week and say “no, let’s do the next one” - but I was really happy with the original idea of 10 days to lockdown and wasn’t going to cancel. I just don’t get why they behaved like that? I probably won’t push it but still.

And for those wondering - this is a pretty much brand new centre that opened to some publicity earlier this year.

Just bizarre. Anyway, here’s the spec I’ve put together so far. Pretty happy with the how the volcanic grey + 21” sport classic + black roof rails and privacy glass come together to give it an imposing look. http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMXIPK4
Previous: 2021 Macan GTS Volcano Grey http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMW6S58
On order: 2023 Macan GTS Python Green http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQHXNI1
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Sounds like a plonker

Try a different dealer !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Very nice spec @ghostwalker 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Withy1

Post by Withy1 »

Lovely spec - looks great in that dark/aggressive setup. For what it's worth, I also didn't spec Bose/Burrmester sound and find the standard sound system perfectly adequate (and we all know it's the sport exhaust sounds which is what is really listened out for!). Have a look at the same spec with GT Silver 21 Sport Classic's too - I know it isn't the murdered out / typical GTS look, but I think the contrast is damned cool against the dark colours

So do you know what an ioniser actually does? As soon as any marketing stuff says "positive impact on wellbeing" I think it's a load of unmeasurable codswallop! :)
Arrived: Macan GTS Night Blue
Staying: Boxster 981 GTS GT Silver
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

Withy1 wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:09 pm Lovely spec - looks great in that dark/aggressive setup. For what it's worth, I also didn't spec Bose/Burrmester sound and find the standard sound system perfectly adequate (and we all know it's the sport exhaust sounds which is what is really listened out for!). Have a look at the same spec with GT Silver 21 Sport Classic's too - I know it isn't the murdered out / typical GTS look, but I think the contrast is damned cool against the dark colours

So do you know what an ioniser actually does? As soon as any marketing stuff says "positive impact on wellbeing" I think it's a load of unmeasurable codswallop! :)

Ah yes I see what you mean. And I had noticed that the silver classics are only £200 extra compared to £1k for the same wheels in gloss black - must be some seriously expensive paint (or profiteering - wouldn’t accuse Porsche of that, would we? 😝)

The thing with the ioniser is that it supposedly promotes the circulation of cleaner air around the cabin - I thought I’d benefit from this as someone who suffers from hay fever and mild dust allergies. Would be interesting to hear if it actually has any impact from any allergy or indeed asthma sufferers.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Does the ioniser save you from corona virus!?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
pmg

Post by pmg »

Sounds like some salesman with a quarter ending 31 /12 target issue who the OPC needs to throw out for not putting the customer first
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

pmg wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:54 pm Sounds like some salesman with a quarter ending 31 /12 target issue who the OPC needs to throw out for not putting the customer first
Sales Manager 🙈
Tracky wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 pm Does the ioniser save you from corona virus!?
Debatable 😂 I think the advanced HEPA filtration system that Tesla offer might be a better bet for that. Or just don’t let anyone sit in your car with you.

But there’s also a great deal of irony about having an ioniser in a car that comes under the highest emissions bracket. You’ll perhaps be saved from the effects of the nasty fumes from cars in front of you but then the exhausts on the back will be firing all sorts into the paths of pedestrians and people in cars behind as you hammer it down the road. 🙈
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Definitely someone trying to hit a month/year end order target, for a March build the original 10 day estimate should have been more than adequate. Sensible spec though and far better than the previous +£13k extras for the “S”. Just IMHO could save further by going for standard black GTS 20” Spyders. Pure GTS, better ride and less paranoia for keeping pristine and fear of kerbing 😳.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6