Macan Turbo seat and spec query

All your ordering information here!
TheTraveller
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:30 pm
Location: South Yorkshire

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by TheTraveller » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:27 pm

BigPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm
snerkler wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Macananon wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 pm
The seats are far superior compared to X5 seats.
TBH I find the X5 seats very comfortable :) But what I meant is the Macan is quite a bit lower than the X5
Even with my 6'4" I find I slide across into the Macan, it's spot on for that. Dropping down into my last Beamer used to cause me a bad back.
I've also got the height. 6'8", and very athletic build. The SE took one look and said the 18 way, would be uncomfortouble for your size. And getting in and out would be a bit of a fit. I too slide in and out quite nicely, and with 40k miles, there's hardly any signs of excessive wear

snerkler
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:42 am

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by snerkler » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am

BigPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm
snerkler wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm
Macananon wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 pm
The seats are far superior compared to X5 seats.
TBH I find the X5 seats very comfortable :) But what I meant is the Macan is quite a bit lower than the X5
Even with my 6'4" I find I slide across into the Macan, it's spot on for that. Dropping down into my last Beamer used to cause me a bad back.
I had that with the M3, I had to turn into a contortionist to get in and out of that :lol:

BigPhil
Posts: 1296
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:35 pm

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by BigPhil » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm

snerkler wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am
BigPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm
snerkler wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm


TBH I find the X5 seats very comfortable :) But what I meant is the Macan is quite a bit lower than the X5
Even with my 6'4" I find I slide across into the Macan, it's spot on for that. Dropping down into my last Beamer used to cause me a bad back.
I had that with the M3, I had to turn into a contortionist to get in and out of that :lol:
And once you add good old BMW run flats jarring your spine over every bump I realised my Beamer days were over :lol:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6

snerkler
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:42 am

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by snerkler » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm

BigPhil wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm
snerkler wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:25 am
BigPhil wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:23 pm


Even with my 6'4" I find I slide across into the Macan, it's spot on for that. Dropping down into my last Beamer used to cause me a bad back.
I had that with the M3, I had to turn into a contortionist to get in and out of that :lol:
And once you add good old BMW run flats jarring your spine over every bump I realised my Beamer days were over :lol:
Don't get me started on run flats :lol: They've been as useful as a chocolate fire guard in the snow.

I must admit the more I'm looking at Macans the more confused I'm getting about what I want :oops: I can't deny that the 3.6L 400bhp of the Turbo is a massive lure, but I can't help wondering if I'd be better off with a GTS or even an S with all the bells and whistles. I know what I'm like though, and if I get a GTS I'll always be wondering what the Turbo is like :oops: :roll: :lol:

MikeM
Posts: 1339
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by MikeM » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:01 pm

3.6 turbo every time, plus a lot of B&W’s are standard 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. Boxster S Sport
2012. 991 S
2016. Macan Turbo http://www.porsche-code.com/PHKPBML4
Current
2020. Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5815A9

snerkler
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:42 am

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by snerkler » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 pm

MikeM wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:01 pm
3.6 turbo every time, plus a lot of B&W’s are standard 👍
True, although the GTS has standard features that the Turbo doesn’t such as sports exhaust.

I’ve seen one that ticks every box, the only thing stopping me is my wife as it’s “too much” :roll: :lol:

bigbaldybloke
Posts: 475
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:00 pm

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by bigbaldybloke » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:04 am

I’m 6’ 2” and been retired a long time, my current S has the 18 way seats and my Cayenne before it had them, the most comfortable seats I’ve ever had in a car, no problems getting in and out. I’ve now got a GTS on order and have specced the same seats.
Only option I miss on my S are the LED headlights, I’m not impressed by the xenon ones, but I believe led is standard on the turbo so that’s sorted!
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric

snerkler
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:42 am

Re: Macan Turbo seat and spec query

Post by snerkler » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:18 am

bigbaldybloke wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:04 am
I’m 6’ 2” and been retired a long time, my current S has the 18 way seats and my Cayenne before it had them, the most comfortable seats I’ve ever had in a car, no problems getting in and out. I’ve now got a GTS on order and have specced the same seats.
Only option I miss on my S are the LED headlights, I’m not impressed by the xenon ones, but I believe led is standard on the turbo so that’s sorted!
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Post Reply