Help me finalise my spec

All your ordering information here!
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

Ok guys, so I’m pretty much there with my spec but just need a little info on a few options I’m considering.

PSCB - what is the anticipated lifespan of disks and pads and what is the cost to replace each?

I parallel park on the street so passenger mirror dipping in reverse is important to me. Do I need the memory pack for this?

As above, due to the nature of my street, folding mirrors are important, are these standard?

Storage package - can someone tell me the size of the compartments under the front seats? Do they lock?

Comfort lighting is described as having “position lights in doors” - what exactly is this? Does it illuminate the ground beside the car?

Thanks for any help you can give!

cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

I’m intending to spec entry and drive. Can someone advise how this interacts with folding mirror options on MY2021 spec GTS?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

I suggest that you will find most answers to your questions if you download the Porsche Good to Know App.

Here's the section about exterior mirrors.

Screenshot_20210117-095402_Porsche Good to know.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

If you parallel park on the street as a matter of course, I'd recommend the Park Assist with Surround View. Reduces the risk of kerbing alloys.

The mirror lights that are part of the comfort lighting are on the underside of the exterior mirrors and do indeed illuminate the ground near the car.

I may be wrong but I think the storage package is just a means of dividing up the boot area. Off hand, can't remember the size of the underseat storage but the compartments do not lock. If you specify the fire extinguisher it's stored in one of these, if that helps give you an impression of size.

Can't help you with Entry and Drive but as the mirrors fold as soon as you press the lock button, I'd imagine it's the same with Entry and Drive. If you're not aware, the Porsche Entry and Drive has a "key" in the ignition switch and there is no engine start button.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
pmg

Post by pmg »

On-Track wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:17 am
I may be wrong but I think the storage package is just a means of dividing up the boot area. Off hand, can't remember the size of the underseat storage but the compartments do not lock. If you specify the fire extinguisher it's stored in one of these, if that helps give you an impression of size.

storage package is :
- storage compartment under front seats
- storage pockets on backrest shells of front seats

Loadspace management system is:
Variable system for the secure transport of items in the luggage compartment. Two attachment rails (integrated into the luggage compartment floor), a telescopic rod, four lashing eyelets, a strap roller, a loadspace partition net, a reversible mat

I agree about the benefits of surround-view for all close parking manoeuvres.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I’ve found the surround view camera set up really good and my wife also appreciates it. But beware when it’s raining, drops of water on the wing mirror camera can cause very misleading images! I’ve 20” wheels, the tyres offer loads of protection, so it’s not that susceptible to kerbing.

I also have the comfort and drive, I would not bother spec’ing this again. It’s not as good as the Audi system I previously enjoyed & too expensive. Also I’m not sure if the door handles are slightly different (or thinner) to accommodate the entry & drive sensor but I’ve now had 5 handles cracked. Covered by the warrantee but such a pain.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

Alfanut wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:20 pm I’ve found the surround view camera set up really good and my wife also appreciates it. But beware when it’s raining, drops of water on the wing mirror camera can cause very misleading images! I’ve 20” wheels, the tyres offer loads of protection, so it’s not that susceptible to kerbing.

I also have the comfort and drive, I would not bother spec’ing this again. It’s not as good as the Audi system I previously enjoyed & too expensive. Also I’m not sure if the door handles are slightly different (or thinner) to accommodate the entry & drive sensor but I’ve now had 5 handles cracked. Covered by the warrantee but such a pain.
That’s really helpful thanks. On the entry and drive, do the wing mirrors fold in and out when you touch the handle to lock and unlock the car?
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

I’ve normally got the folding wing mirrors deactivated. However from memory if it’s activated in settings, then when you lock the car by either the key or touching the door handles the mirrors fold. When you unlock the car the mirrors don’t unfold immediately, but as you turn the ignition to start the engine they then return to their normal position.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed