New order queries

All your ordering information here!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

cmcm3 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 am
Rarecolour wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 pm
cmcm3 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:43 pm Looks great. The only change I’d make outside is to revert the side-blades to black.
I went backwards and forwards on black side blades on my build (along with a couple of other things) and came to the conclusion, have the build as body coloured and if I don't like it I can get them wrapped black cheaply.
That’s the approach I’m taking with the door handles.
Even more so with the door handles I think. From what I've read the factory gloss handles mark very easily, you could get them ppf'd but I'm think of getting them wrapped black. Will have to see how easy it'll be when I get the car.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

hood69

Post by hood69 »

cmcm3 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:22 am
hood69 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm
cmcm3 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:43 pm Looks great. The only change I’d make outside is to revert the side-blades to black.
Thanks but not sure of a matt black against the other gloss black accents

ps-is that you Cliff?
Sure is... Jim? 😀
It is indeed.
Love the spec on yours Cliff and if Crayon was the same cost as metallic I would possibly have gone for it.
I thought you might have gone black handles against the crayon but agree the sideblades look good against it.
Did you not fancy Race-tex?
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

hood69 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:42 pm
cmcm3 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:22 am
hood69 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:53 pm

Thanks but not sure of a matt black against the other gloss black accents

ps-is that you Cliff?
Sure is... Jim? 😀
It is indeed.
Love the spec on yours Cliff and if Crayon was the same cost as metallic I would possibly have gone for it.
I thought you might have gone black handles against the crayon but agree the sideblades look good against it.
Did you not fancy Race-tex?
Yeah, I was basically 50/50 with Dolomite but saw a lovely crayon car locally and couldn’t see a nicely spec’ed Dolomite car in real life. I love the black handles but they were the bit I was most worried about growing tired of, so intend to wrap them black. I was also about 50/50 on Race-Tex but it’s not unusual for me to jump in the car a bit sweaty or dirty after the gym or hill walk or similar, so decided the full leather would possibly be more practical. When are you planning to order?
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

Lots of opinions and choices, none are wrong for the person making them, but others may think differently!
I tend to compare the choices to my house!
Would I want to sit in my living room in a black chair with all the walls painted black, probably not. Would I like big windows to make the room feel light and airy, probably yes. Would I want the most comfortable seat I could get, probably yes. Do I spend more time looking at the inside rather than the outside, almost certainly yes. Am I too bothered about how efficient the house is, probably not too much otherwise my choice of house/car would be rather different.
Main difference though is with a house you can extend it, knock walls out etc, not impossible to do similar things to a car but not so easy!
Enjoy, whatever you decide on you won’t end up with a bad car.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Wondering what peoples thoughts are on the Sunroof at the moment.
I know this has become a bit of a contentious issue and if you have a sunroof with no problems you would say yeh get one.However if you had the problems of leaks and even electrical problems then you would likely not have another.
After reading through a couple of the threads last night it is tempting to sack it off the options despite the advantages of a lighter cabin.
Just wondering if those ordering are having similar thoughts. It seems ridiculous that they can charge a couple of hundred pounds come service time to clear the drains.
Was there any improvements to the design in the Gen 2 Macan?
Also does anyone have the black interior with privacy glass and no sunroof?
Is it a bit dark or maybe you don't notice.
Opinions welcome!
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, I’m on the fence regarding the sunroof. I don’t think I really want it but I’m concerned trade in value or ability to sell on will be seriously impacted. I know you buy your car for yourself but I think it’s normal to have an eye on the future, but I guess that depends how deep your pockets are. I’m not worried about it being too dark with privacy glass. Wasn’t that long ago they used to charge you more for a black roof lining which I specced on a Mini Cooper S about 15 years ago!
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
pmg

Post by pmg »

I do not have a sunroof, have privacy glass but I avoided a completely black interior and went for partial red leather which gives you red seats some red trim (centre box top and handrails) but black dashtop door sides panels and carpets. For exterior dolomite silver, I think that works and that is not the only exterior colour that interior is a runner. It might not work for some with sapphire blue, Miami blue or mamba green. For some exterior colours ( say black or volcanic grey or carmine red) a Mojave interior might be another way of avoiding all black but I personally do not think it goes with Dolomite silver. Agate/pebble interior is probably the lightest option but would not be my personal choice,

The proportion of Macan buyers pro sunroof is decreasing and the used market in three years time may be very different to two or three years ago
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Agree that it must be a pain to have a leaking sun/pan-roof, never had one yet with some 20 cars with glass roofs. There are app 24000 Macan’s registered as on the road in UK, say 70% with them, still a big number. Guess it depends on your view on odds. Saying that, if I did have one 🤔 I would just ditch it before the the manufacturer’s warranty expired 🤫😈 Sorted 👍
Last edited by MikeM on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 pm Agree that it must be a pain to have a leaking sun/pan-roof, never had one yet with some 20 cars with glass roofs. There are app 24000 Macan’s registered as on the road in UK, say 70% with them, still a big number. Guess it depends on your view on odds. Saying that, if I did have one I would just ditch it before the the manufacturer’s warranty expired. Sorted 👍
The logic of that is that you would not buy a used Macan with a sunroof and no manufacturers warranty!! Then, if others think similar that reduces the second-hand value of a Pano Roof
Last edited by pmg on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

pmg wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:43 pm
MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 pm Agree that it must be a pain to have a leaking sun/pan-roof, never had one yet with some 20 cars with glass roofs. There are app 24000 Macan’s registered as on the road in UK, say 70% with them, still a big number. Guess it depends on your view on odds. Saying that, if I did have one I would just ditch it before the the manufacturer’s warranty expired. Sorted 👍
The logic of that is that you would not buy a used Macan with sunroof and no manufacturers warranty!!
Correct ☺️
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6