New order queries

All your ordering information here!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

I've specced a sunroof on my build, I love sunroofs. Lucky that my car will be garaged over night so hopefully won't have any issues, but I'll be checking the drains as routine maintenance anyway.

The dealer I specced mine with said they've had none sunroof cars sat on sale for months cause nobody really wants them.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Yes mine will be garaged as well. I’m tempted back to spec the roof! Is it really a service item now for them to clean the drains with its own cost?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Just do it yourself of needed. Bet they only use an air compressor, you can get them cheap enough. I've already got one, got it for £100, an hours labour at an OPC.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

My cars are never garaged.

I live in a rural area with plenty of muddy lanes used in the winter months.

My SD's pano was checked for any drain blockages at the 1st service at 2 years old. No charge for this was made by my OPC. It never had any water ingress problems in 3 years use. Bone dry to the end. So far the same with my GTS.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

As Steve, over 4 years with my first, now 5 months with my second. Rural and muddy never garaged, frequently power washed, no leaks yet. In fact no leaks with some 20 glass/pan roofs. There are 24000 Macan’s registered on the road in UK. Some in that number are going to be unlucky but what are the odds⁉️ 🤔 just going to nip out and check mine over again 😳😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Got email to say my final spec is due by 10th April and have been allocated a build spot.
Delighted.
Now torn between Volcano, Crayon and Dolomite.
I really like Crayon and the images on here are superb but miffed with the extra cost of it and also is it a bit of a chick's colour(no offence as I love it) ?
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

hood69 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Got email to say my final spec is due by 10th April and have been allocated a build spot.
Delighted.
I really like Crayon and the images on here are superb but miffed with the extra cost of it and also is it a bit of a chick's colour(no offence as I love it) ?
Nice one definitely IMO the three best colours but do you want dark or light?
Re Crayon comment 😳 🤔 Some would call it “Battleship Grey” 💪 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Northandy

Post by Northandy »

hood69 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:44 pm Got email to say my final spec is due by 10th April and have been allocated a build spot.
Delighted.
I’ve just locked my GTS spec and gone crayon, I loved some of the photos or dolomite but could find one to see. A local dealer had a crayon macan on the forecourt I could walk past and have a look at on my lunch break 😂
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Yeh
With Crayon and Dolomite the 20" spyders look great however I don't think those alloys really bring out the best in the Volcano.
More likely to go platinum wheels or silver spyders with the Volcano.
JLR

Post by JLR »

I would agree that the 20" black Spyders look great where there is a contrast to the body colour but maybe not so good on Volcano or Black. I have to disagree with the comment that Volcano, Crayon and Dolomite are the 3 best colours because that would rule at Carmine which in my totally biased view is stunning (with the black Spyders)! Mind you it's great that we all have different opinions because seeing every Macan on the road in Carmine would detract from the wow factor when mine and others come along!! 8-)
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring