New order queries

All your ordering information here!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Hi there.
New member and first post so apologies if these have been asked before on spec.

I placed a deposit on the Macan GTS this week so it's now about limiting the extras as much as possible whilst not impacting on enjoyment of the car.
I have a few questions that I dont find obvious on the configurator,
Firstly are the standard mirrors gloss black on the bottom half or matt black?
Secondly is the standard GTS interior decent? I'm a little confused on the configurator for the first upgrade on the partial leather GTS interior at about £1200-does this just upgrade it do the dash and front panel being extended leather(whilst maintaining the alcantara) or is it something else?
The reverse parking camera. I had it on a previous Cayman and never used it. Do people think this is a must have?
Final question was the GT steering wheel. I've always liked them on my cars however the standard steering wheel on the GTS looks nice anyway. Are most of you speccing that?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I had settled for Volcano grey with 21 inch Spyders before seeing the pics of the Dolomite silver with the black20 inch Spyders which looks stunning so I'm in a quandry on that.

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Welcome to the forum, lots of varied opinions on here but really all comes down to personal preference and budget. Some answers to your queries:
The standard mirrors are not gloss black.
The leather upgrade at £1200 means you lose the RaceTex (previously called Alcantara) if you want the extended leather inc RaceTex and contrast stitching it’s £2700.
The reverse parking camera is the minimum most go for.
Both steering wheels are decent but the sports one is the better of the two, detailed design touches, slightly smaller and heated
Finally, Volcano is a great colour, had it on my previous model but I’m in the camp that believes the GTS should have the Exclusive 20” black spyders they are definitely a better ride than 21” and set against dolomite silver looks great and is a far sharper shade than the previous rhodium silver.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

hood69 wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:00 pm Hi there.
New member and first post so apologies if these have been asked before on spec.

I placed a deposit on the Macan GTS this week so it's now about limiting the extras as much as possible whilst not impacting on enjoyment of the car.
I have a few questions that I dont find obvious on the configurator,
Firstly are the standard mirrors gloss black on the bottom half or matt black?
Secondly is the standard GTS interior decent? I'm a little confused on the configurator for the first upgrade on the partial leather GTS interior at about £1200-does this just upgrade it do the dash and front panel being extended leather(whilst maintaining the alcantara) or is it something else?
The reverse parking camera. I had it on a previous Cayman and never used it. Do people think this is a must have?
Final question was the GT steering wheel. I've always liked them on my cars however the standard steering wheel on the GTS looks nice anyway. Are most of you speccing that?

Thanks in advance.

ps. I had settled for Volcano grey with 21 inch Spyders before seeing the pics of the Dolomite silver with the black20 inch Spyders which looks stunning so I'm in a quandry on that.

Just my thoughts / 2d worth.....in order of your questions....
* Matt black plastic
* Yes definitely decent and the Alcantara is great - had it both my Macans and prefer to the all leather
* Yes as the Macan is taller and more difficult to judge the exact position of the lower rear of the SUV
* With sports Chrono the standard wheel looks great with its dial / button
* 20" matt black black spyders are brilliant on the GTS for sharp handling and without a really hard ride, but they do look best against the lighter or brighter colours

Photos of black seats interior under the panoramic roof and in the sun

2020-06-01 (3).jpg

Standard door mirror and spyder wheel

Capture.PNG

2020-06-01 (4).jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Thanks for opinions so far and agree the black spyders contrast well with the lighter colours and wouldn't spec with VG though it looks great on the blue above.
Also on the configurator if you want the Porsche crest on the arm rest it changes the alcantara on the standard interior to leather.
Is this correct ?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Yes as I cannot imagine that they can emboss it on Alcantara. Check with your OPC though. :idea:
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

GTS gang 😎 Pleased to see another buyer on here. I’ve gone with volcano grey for my order with the red GTS detailing on the side, gloss black 21” rims and tinted front headlights (rear standard). Air suspension and sports chrono, seats upgraded and all the usual stuff too. Bit of a drug dealer spec, but I prefer subtlety 🙈

Didn’t think £2700 was justifiable for the extended leather with red detailing that I was tempted to go for. Plus it may well be too lairy for some people, so thought I’d relax a bit. By all accounts the standard interior is still excellent.

I looked at the mirrors quite a bit and my reasoning was to stick with the standard ones because one less painted bit can only be good - particularly with mirrors taking a lot of abuse from people who will insist on parking next to you if you have a nice car 🙄

Thought about the 21” spyders as a nice contrast, but my OPC said to me that “everyone loves gloss black wheels these days” and that even their company cars tend to have those.

Plus Romans International, one of the top prestige resellers, recently sold a “nearly new” blue GTS with a good spec and blue exterior paintwork for £80,000, so I don’t think the black spyder uniqueness translates to better desirability on the market. The aesthetic is ultimately triumphant.

The only colours I’d go for the 20” spyders with are crayon or red as I love those combos, but it depends on the look you’re after more than any moral code for the model you’re buying IMO. It’s like how people buy RR Sports with gloss black wheels which are obviously not going to be taken on beaten off-road tracks.

Swings and roundabouts. Enjoy spending many hours on the configurator - that was what my working from home was all about when I did mine a couple of weeks ago 😂
Previous: 2021 Macan GTS Volcano Grey http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMW6S58
On order: 2023 Macan GTS Python Green http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQHXNI1
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

I prefer grey and 21s.... 😊
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
hood69

Post by hood69 »

On the configurator the standard no cost GTS interior says "GTS leather package including items in race-tex £0.00"
next option level you get "GTS leather interior in standard colour with items in race-tex £1154 "
When you take this option nothing seems to change on the interior image so what are you actually getting with that option?

Thanks in advance
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

hood69 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm On the configurator the standard no cost GTS interior says "GTS leather package including items in race-tex £0.00"
next option level you get "GTS leather interior in standard colour with items in race-tex £1154 "
When you take this option nothing seems to change on the interior image so what are you actually getting with that option?

Thanks in advance
Stated earlier that if you take the leather upgrade £1154 you lose the Racetex? Apologies that is incorrect 🤭. If you look on the configurator the option is there to take the upgrade with Racetex. To see what you get as additional leather see the text within leather upgrade. Confused yet 😳 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
hood69

Post by hood69 »

MikeM wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:23 pm
hood69 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm On the configurator the standard no cost GTS interior says "GTS leather package including items in race-tex £0.00"

Thanks in advance
Stated earlier that if you take the leather upgrade £1154 you lose the Racetex? Apologies that is incorrect 🤭. If you look on the configurator the option is there to take the upgrade with Racetex. To see what you get as additional leather see the text within leather upgrade. Confused yet 😳 👍
Thanks
Yeh that bit was confusing me .