Help, what do you think of this?

All your ordering information here!
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I don't think anybody has ever changed their mind based on my input - get what you want and enjoy it.

Residual value is the fun you didn't have in your car.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Beaverman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm Hi, posted in some of the general areas but would appreciate thoughts on this spec as I’m tired of changing things and I’ll give some of my thoughts on my thinking; PMTFTPP5
Roof - left off the panoramic roof which is the biggest decision as I’d be only speccing it for resale. But I’m happy if mine is worth £1k less than others with roof in 4 years time but wouldn’t be happy if it was worth more than this less. Anyone got a crystal ball? Had a sunroof on my last car and nice novelty wore off it wasn’t nice in hot weather or cold weather and I’ve been scared about leaking issues!
Leather - as I’ve specced the 18 way seats I believe the leather is the same on the seats so it seems expensive for full leather package
Lights - think LEDs are standard and I’m missing black lights only?
Black door handles - I like these but I’ve heard they mark easily so left them off
Memory seats - do I need to spec this or do these seats come with this as standard?
Wing mirrors - will they dip in reverse?
Bose - left it off as I’m a radio man really so think I can live without
Sport Chrono - am I wasting my money?

Overall I’ve done this with budget in mind but tried to pick a spec of a drivers GTS rather than a school run Macan (no offence to anyone here). Let me know your thoughts on my spec before I lose the will to live.......

Cheers
You're the one who is going to live with the car so spec it as you want it.

GWL suggested (rightly) that you need something in the centre of the dash so SC is only a few hundred more than the Compass option and gives you both a digital and analogue clock (unless you happen to be using SC to lap Nurburgring). The Sports Response button that is part of SC is good for rapid overtaking. Also, if you leave off SC and the sunroof you might hit problems selling the car (it is a GTS after all).

I think others have answered all your other points.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Beaverman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:15 pm Thanks all, re the full leather I think if you spec the 18 way seats these come in the full smooth leather so adding full leather makes no difference to your seats. That means paying full leather only gives you a leather dash?

Fair point re the sunroof, if I could guarantee I’d only ‘lose’ £1k then I’d leave it off but I’m having second through to again....
You don't have to spec full leather to have leather seats though
The leather is a no cost option instead of Alcantara.
So the extended leather option is as you say to give leather dash and parts of the door I think(others can clarify)
I think the 18 way seats is a good option on other Macans as it gives you the leather seats but when you can have the GTS seats in leather for no cost it seems expensive to me.
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

I'm leaving the pano roof off my order. Read too comments on here about leaks / drain blockages etc to put me off... I might use that reasoning when I come to sell :lol: I've never had a car with a sunroof, so don't feel I will miss it. As most have said, it's your car, don't spec for the next buyer.

@Rhys2004 - Intrigued to know what difference the 'ioniser' makes - OPC seemed to think it was a waste of money.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

Hello F!,
To be honest I don't really know if it makes a difference.I ordered it as we have just moved to the middle of nowhere, surrounded by arable farming.Just as we ordering the car we were talking to the farmer and he said next year he was planting a lot of oil seed rape,the yellow stuff.Alarm bells started ringing about the pollen that could enter the car as we drove along.So, it was a no brainer,,order the ioniser. :D
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

also, it fills another blank on the dash.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

F1 Nut wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:13 pm I'm leaving the pano roof off my order. Read too comments on here about leaks / drain blockages etc to put me off... I might use that reasoning when I come to sell :lol: I've never had a car with a sunroof, so don't feel I will miss it. As most have said, it's your car, don't spec for the next buyer.
Never had a problem with the panoramic roof in my last 3 cars. Never had any leaks or blockages.

Great feature for its extra light all year round and ventilation in the warmer months, either on tilt or opened. You can always draw the blind, but I rarely do.

Somewhat expected on a premium SUV too.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Had pano roofs on all my SUVs be that X5, X3, SQ5 or Macan over the last 15 years and never had a leak or a rattle. Wouldn’t but an SUV without one.
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

The more I hear of this Pano roof debate the more I appreciate the solution on my Cayenne coupe. I have no love of the things at all, wouldnt mind if I never saw another one but, being the complete glass roof and none opening no chance of blocked drains or leaks, its free so no worry that I've spent money on something I don't want for fear that the next customer will. A first class blind so that I can shut out the glare from the sun or overhead lights. Just about a perfect solution IMHO, thank you Porsche. So odd that its only on one car from their whole range.
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
pmg

Post by pmg »

Rab J wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 am The more I hear of this Pano roof debate the more I appreciate the solution on my Cayenne coupe. I have no love of the things at all, wouldnt mind if I never saw another one but, being the complete glass roof and none opening no chance of blocked drains or leaks, its free so no worry that I've spent money on something I don't want for fear that the next customer will. A first class blind so that I can shut out the glare from the sun or overhead lights. Just about a perfect solution IMHO, thank you Porsche. So odd that its only on one car from their whole range.
Exactly, opening sunroofs in cars with airconditioning mean need to switch aircon off with drying seals when open. So if buying a "sunroof" for light, fixed glass a far better option.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8