Help, what do you think of this?

All your ordering information here!
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Having just sold my GTS without a sunroof I can tell you that a lot of feedback was that it was harder for a dealer to sell on without it. It seemed to me it wasn’t so much about the lower value, it was the fact that there was less interest so as soon as you reduce your pool of potential buyers then selling it for a price you are happy with can take time unless you p/x or sell back to the dealer.

So on my impending Cayenne I have added it even though I doubt I’ll use it much. What I will say is that there is a lot of discussion about the light benefit of it and I do agree that the interior can feel quite dark without it. I was also told by the dealer that despite the bad press they did not come across issues with the roof leaking.

Re seats, my Macan had alcantara and the GTS comes with a beautiful leather dash. Because I was originally looking at a Cayenne hybrid I spent ages trying out all the seating options and the 14 way and 18 way felt very different. However now that I have gone for a Cayenne GTS I have reverted back to the standard 8-way alcantara which comes with the leather dash. Personally I found the GTS seats the most comfortable seats I have ever had and as soon as I reverted to a GTS there was no way I was going to change for leather. I highly recommend asking to look and try the different seats before committing because they are all very different.

I also think that only the 14-way have the dropping mirror on reverse which is a feature I really like living in London and doing a lot of parking alongside dangerous kerbs. So having gone for the standard seats I am adding driver memory so that I can drop the mirror manually and then I just need to press the memory button to get the mirror to revert back. Worth noting that I had the 360 surround camera on the Macan and that did negate a lot of the need for the dropping kerbside mirror because it gives you a better view of the curb anyway.

Lastly, I think you said you had gone for painted side blades. Personally I think the black contrasts nicely with the exterior colour but that’s very much a personal choice obviously.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Thanks, some really useful info in there, I think I’m leaning in speccing the sunroof for the reasons you state. I still just can’t decide between Carrara white and dolomite silver, for some reason on the gts I think the dark rear lights go better with white. I think I’m going 18 way seats and partial leather, am I correct you still get the top of the dash in leather?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 am
I also think that only the 14-way have the dropping mirror on reverse which is a feature I really like living in London and doing a lot of parking alongside dangerous kerbs. So having gone for the standard seats I am adding driver memory so that I can drop the mirror manually and then I just need to press the memory button to get the mirror to revert back. Worth noting that I had the 360 surround camera on the Macan and that did negate a lot of the need for the dropping kerbside mirror because it gives you a better view of the curb anyway.
Just to correct you, the dropping mirror feature is also present with 18-way seats on the Macan GTS. Looking at the configurator, it's the same for the Cayenne GTS.

I also have the Surround View camera. The dipping mirror and Surround View combine to give a really good view of any confined space you're reversing into. The Surround View also gives a close up view of front and side when moving forward in a confined space.

Cue loads of posts from members who have driven for decades without the need for any cameras :D . Just for the record it was fifty years in my case.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
JLR

Post by JLR »

On-Track wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:22 am
Paul1970 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 am
Just to correct you, the dropping mirror feature is also present with 18-way seats on the Macan GTS. Looking at the configurator, it's the same for the Cayenne GTS.

I also have the Surround View camera. The dipping mirror and Surround View combine to give a really good view of any confined space you're reversing into. The Surround View also gives a close up view of front and side when moving forward in a confined space.

Cue loads of posts from members who have driven for decades without the need for any cameras :D . Just for the record it was fifty years in my case.
Confirming that the 18 way seats in a MY21 GTS has the tilting nearside mirror when in reverse
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

Thanks for correcting. Personally I feel a feature like that should be standard on the “basic” seats but then I guess that’s the Porsche way. Not worth upgrading to the 18-way for that feature in my opinion hence standard seats with a £250 memory option seems better value to me.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
cmcm3

Post by cmcm3 »

Paul1970 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:25 am So having gone for the standard seats I am adding driver memory so that I can drop the mirror manually and then I just need to press the memory button to get the mirror to revert back.
So the combo of standard seats with memory pack doesn’t provide the auto-dipping in reverse function?

This thread suggests it does... ?

viewtopic.php?t=9531
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Beaverman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:54 am Thanks, some really useful info in there, I think I’m leaning in speccing the sunroof for the reasons you state. I still just can’t decide between Carrara white and dolomite silver, for some reason on the gts I think the dark rear lights go better with white. I think I’m going 18 way seats and partial leather, am I correct you still get the top of the dash in leather?
So I'm confused now.
I assumed the standard no cost interior(either with alcantara or leather) didnt have the dash in leather and that would be what the extended leather would give you.
If the dash is already in leather what does the extended leather option(not GTS package) give you?
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

I might be wrong but I think extended leather gives you the lower dash and doors in leather too. I’m sure someone more knowledgable than me can confirm
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
pmg

Post by pmg »

Beaverman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm I might be wrong but I think extended leather gives you the lower dash and doors in leather too. I’m sure someone more knowledgable than me can confirm
yes, plus some extra leather bits on the lower centre consul/divide
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
hood69

Post by hood69 »

pmg wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:23 pm
Beaverman wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:58 pm I might be wrong but I think extended leather gives you the lower dash and doors in leather too. I’m sure someone more knowledgable than me can confirm
yes, plus some extra leather bits on the lower centre consul/divide
So upper dash in leather is standard in partial leather interior?