Help, what do you think of this?

All your ordering information here!
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Hi, posted in some of the general areas but would appreciate thoughts on this spec as I’m tired of changing things and I’ll give some of my thoughts on my thinking; PMTFTPP5
Roof - left off the panoramic roof which is the biggest decision as I’d be only speccing it for resale. But I’m happy if mine is worth £1k less than others with roof in 4 years time but wouldn’t be happy if it was worth more than this less. Anyone got a crystal ball? Had a sunroof on my last car and nice novelty wore off it wasn’t nice in hot weather or cold weather and I’ve been scared about leaking issues!
Leather - as I’ve specced the 18 way seats I believe the leather is the same on the seats so it seems expensive for full leather package
Lights - think LEDs are standard and I’m missing black lights only?
Black door handles - I like these but I’ve heard they mark easily so left them off
Memory seats - do I need to spec this or do these seats come with this as standard?
Wing mirrors - will they dip in reverse?
Bose - left it off as I’m a radio man really so think I can live without
Sport Chrono - am I wasting my money?

Overall I’ve done this with budget in mind but tried to pick a spec of a drivers GTS rather than a school run Macan (no offence to anyone here). Let me know your thoughts on my spec before I lose the will to live.......

Cheers
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44

GWL

Post by GWL »

You're probably going to get a lot of differing views and opinions in answer to some items on your list - but here's a start :

Roof : My Macan is the first car I've had with a panoramic sunroof. I bought the car used, so I didn't spec it myself but, from a buyer's perspective, I thought it was a good thing to have. However, having lived with it for 2 years I wouldn't bother getting it on a new car, mainly because it's hardly ever been open and I think it's of more benefit if you have regular rear-seat passengers as they would get the main benefit from the sense of light & space.

Leather : not quite sure what you mean by "the leather is the same on the seats" ? Anyway, my wife & I don't like leather seats (cook you in summer, freeze you in winter) so I'd rather the basic Race-tex (or Alcantara) seats - though you are then limited to 8-way electric adjustment on the driver's side only.

Memory seats - I believe this is included if you go for the 18-way seats but is optional for the 8-way.

Wing Mirror dipping : The passenger one only can be set to dip in reverse if you want. Be aware that you only get this function if you have the Driver's Memory option - see above

Bose : Again, I thought I'd like it, but for the amount of time I use the system it's just not worth it. I wouldn't spec it new.

Sports-Chrono.: Total gimmick as far as I'm concerned, but I would instead specify the compass option (which I think can also show the time) as I think it makes the top of the dashboard look a bit more "interesting"

One thing I would certainly do is read the expanded description on the configurator for each option as some of them include other things you may find of more use. e.g. the Driver's Memory option includes wing-micro dipping in reverse and courtesy light in the wing mirrors.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
pmg

Post by pmg »

Beaverman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:16 pm Hi, posted in some of the general areas but would appreciate thoughts on this spec as I’m tired of changing things and I’ll give some of my thoughts on my thinking; PMTFTPP5
Roof - left off the panoramic roof which is the biggest decision as I’d be only speccing it for resale. But I’m happy if mine is worth £1k less than others with roof in 4 years time but wouldn’t be happy if it was worth more than this less. Anyone got a crystal ball? Had a sunroof on my last car and nice novelty wore off it wasn’t nice in hot weather or cold weather and I’ve been scared about leaking issues!
Leather - as I’ve specced the 18 way seats I believe the leather is the same on the seats so it seems expensive for full leather package
Lights - think LEDs are standard and I’m missing black lights only?
Black door handles - I like these but I’ve heard they mark easily so left them off
Memory seats - do I need to spec this or do these seats come with this as standard?
Wing mirrors - will they dip in reverse?
Bose - left it off as I’m a radio man really so think I can live without
Sport Chrono - am I wasting my money?

Overall I’ve done this with budget in mind but tried to pick a spec of a drivers GTS rather than a school run Macan (no offence to anyone here). Let me know your thoughts on my spec before I lose the will to live.......

Cheers
18 way seats come with comfort memory ( a hint is if you tried to add it the configurator would ask you to delete 18 way seats

For dipping mirrors, you need to add "Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors" £252 ( if you already had it via other option configrator would not allow you to add it)

I agree black lights not worth cost, when I got the salesman to explain what it was I was amazed at the cost and left them off my spec. and stuck with PDLS plus

I have Sports Chrono and use the steering wheel switch a lot; personally, I think that makes it worth the cost on "Gen 2" cars

I do not have full leather or pano roof and I am very happy with my car and intend keeping it along time as my last ICE car I may run alongside a small electric runabout for short trips so by the time I sell it the rest of world will realise Pano roofs can leak and add unnecessary weight high up the car.
Last edited by pmg on Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

You have left off two of the things I would always look for in a Macan, that is pano roof and full leather interior. I would also want sports chrono on a Gts.

That’s just my spec requirements so may not be representative. Problem with no pano is that you may limit the number of traders or private buyers wanting your car when you are finished with it. I reckon that will cost you more than a grand but hard to actually prove. Get a well specced that no one can pick faults in what was left off and you can take it anywhere to sell. When I was selling mine almost exclusively all trade buyers wanted a pano roof. Maybe trading in they will take a non pano car as they are selling a new one but at that point you may be paying a price.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Thanks all, re the full leather I think if you spec the 18 way seats these come in the full smooth leather so adding full leather makes no difference to your seats. That means paying full leather only gives you a leather dash?

Fair point re the sunroof, if I could guarantee I’d only ‘lose’ £1k then I’d leave it off but I’m having second through to again....
GWL

Post by GWL »

pmg wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:02 pm
For dipping mirrors, you need to add "Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors" £252 ( if you already had it via other option configrator would not allow you to add it)
According to the Configurator, wing mirror dipping in reverse is part of the Driver Memory pack - no mention of it in relation to "Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors" ?
Are you confusing dimming with dipping (tilting) ?
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
GWL

Post by GWL »

Have a look at the number of posts complaining about "rip-off" prices for cleaning blockages in the pano-roof drainage pipes and take that cost into account.

Also, re sports-chrono, ask yourself if you're going to be doing much lap timing and launch-starts. If you are, then maybe you should be looking at a 718 or 911.
Previous :
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

I have 2 young kids and need something to fit them in, won’t be doing many launches I don’t think but thought the ethos of the GTS was to have sport chrono.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Beaverman wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:50 pm I have 2 young kids and need something to fit them in, won’t be doing many launches I don’t think but thought the ethos of the GTS was to have sport chrono.
on "Gen1 " carsbSports Chrono was primarily lap timing etc, launches and sports plus option. . On "Gen2" it is that plus the steering wheel control which adds the short burst button some use for safest overtaking and easy moves between the modes. Also gives easy access to individual mode i.e mixing sports and comfort separately for drivetrain and chassis. I use that flexibility a lot even on my S
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Rhys2004

Post by Rhys2004 »

I always go with the options I want.This time I went for the ioniser and darkened rear light bar, among others.Completely useless re any resale value ,but I really enjoy having them on my Porsche.