Help, what do you think of this?

All your ordering information here!
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Go for the sunroof - to me, that's the one option that must be specified on a Macan. Bit of chat on another thread about how this makes the car much easier to sell on. It's very desirable; most people want one. Even if you don't open it, it cheers up the interior with extra light.

I'd consider dropping the £329 sport design mirrors - and using the money towards the sunroof! ;-) All that's really doing is adding a v-shaped base in painted black. However I think a light coloured GTS actually suits the standard plastic base just as well, if not better, than this. I'd give you a different recommendaton if the entire mirror housing was in black; Porsche offers this on the Cayenne but not the Macan.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS

Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Thanks, re the mirrors, is this the only plastic on the car as I’ve painted the side blades or is there some plastic on the front bumper?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
ghostwalker

Post by ghostwalker »

Power Steering Plus is one thing that I’d add to that for ease of driving around town. And you hardly see a Macan without a panoramic sunroof these days. And I’ve not actually seen many modern SUVs on the road without one.

Other than that all good. Sports Chrono is worth it for the steering toggle and option of more aggressive gearing for when you want to push on - which a lot of people will in a GTS.

Mirrors - I thought of the colour-matching SD mirrors but decided to leave them standard because they’re potentially more likely to take abuse from the jackets and backsides of passers by when you’re parked somewhere, as well as anything that might brush the car when you’re going through narrow places, and you don’t want to have to repaint them!
Previous: 2021 Macan GTS Volcano Grey http://www.porsche-code.com/PMMW6S58
On order: 2023 Macan GTS Python Green http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQHXNI1
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Just been out for an essential journey. Clear skies and sunny. Sunroof open all the trip, gorgeous 🌞🌞
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

pmg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 am
Rab J wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 am The more I hear of this Pano roof debate the more I appreciate the solution on my Cayenne coupe. I have no love of the things at all, wouldnt mind if I never saw another one but, being the complete glass roof and none opening no chance of blocked drains or leaks, its free so no worry that I've spent money on something I don't want for fear that the next customer will. A first class blind so that I can shut out the glare from the sun or overhead lights. Just about a perfect solution IMHO, thank you Porsche. So odd that its only on one car from their whole range.
Exactly, opening sunroofs in cars with airconditioning mean need to switch aircon off with drying seals when open. So if buying a "sunroof" for light, fixed glass a far better option.
+1
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

On-Track wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:24 pm
pmg wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 am
Rab J wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:49 am The more I hear of this Pano roof debate the more I appreciate the solution on my Cayenne coupe. I have no love of the things at all, wouldnt mind if I never saw another one but, being the complete glass roof and none opening no chance of blocked drains or leaks, its free so no worry that I've spent money on something I don't want for fear that the next customer will. A first class blind so that I can shut out the glare from the sun or overhead lights. Just about a perfect solution IMHO, thank you Porsche. So odd that its only on one car from their whole range.
Exactly, opening sunroofs in cars with airconditioning mean need to switch aircon off with drying seals when open. So if buying a "sunroof" for light, fixed glass a far better option.
+1
🤔🤔When needed in the summer in my F-Type hot weather, open top and a/c on. No problem, so no reason not to use a/c with sunroof open if needed.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Beaverman wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:18 pm Thanks, re the mirrors, is this the only plastic on the car as I’ve painted the side blades or is there some plastic on the front bumper?
There's still plastic on the front grille as well as the rear diffuser. You can get these painted in black gloss as part of the optional 'high gloss black' SportDesign package. If getting that package, then it likely makes sense to upgrade to the painted black mirror housings. Otherwise, the matte plastic works fine as it will match the rest of the car.

There's pictures on the Members Gallery which show some of the combinations. Note that there's three combinations:

1. Standard mirrors with base in black plastic and upper housing in exterior colour
2. SportDesign exterior mirrors with base and upper housing in exterior colour
3. SportDesign exterior mirrors with base in high-gloss black and upper housing in exterior colour

The option I would have liked (which does not exist) is:

4. Standard or SportDesign exterior mirrors with base and upper housing in black - this would suit the GTS
Current - Macan III GTS
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

Here you go - this is Partysausage's shiny car with some handsome mirrors:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9991
Current - Macan III GTS
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

That looks fantastic in silver, and I really like the black door handles. What mirror options are those and does it have the sport design package on the car?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

They are sport design mirrors in black high gloss ( painted lower section) it doesn’t have the sports design package, if it did the rear roof spoiler would be body coloured 🤓
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime in May/June 🤔 https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6