New order advice

All your ordering information here!
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Hi All,

I've been looking on the approved used site on Porsche for a Gen 2 Macan. After much looking i'm struggling to find the exact spec i would like meaning i may need to order new - given the difference between new and used (1 year old max) is not huge I would not be adverse to this.

I do have a few questions which i guess as owners you would be well placed to give me some guidance....

Adaptive cruise control - do alot of people not spec this? I believe it contains the emergency break assist feature which I have on both my wife's car and mine and was surprised its not a 'standard' feature in the Macan range. Looking at alot of the used models it seems like its not a popular option compared to say the Pan roof. Am i missing something with this?

Standard Alcantara Seats - how durable are these? Are they easy to keep clean? I have read on the forum that some owners prefer these over the leather options as they are not to cold or to hot etc, however i'm more concerned about how durable they are with say 2 young children / staining etc. If they are great as i can spend circa £1k on other options.

Reading some posts on here I gather some owners have got 1-3% off, how realistic is this still?

On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Porsche tends to do some things differently to other manufacturers and the emergency braking package is one of those. I've gone for Adaptive Cruise purely because it comes with AEB (PAS or Porsche Active Safe). Annoyingly, if you go for ACC then you have to give up the speed limiter that comes with the standard cruise control.

I have Alcantara seat centres (as part of the GTS leather/Alcantara interior package) but thanks to lockdown I have no idea on wear having covered only 2200 miles in seven months.

It used to be the case that discounts and Porsche were two mutually exclusive terms but in the last year or so some members have said they've achieved success. I should ask, the OPC can only say no.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

A warm welcome

The advantage with Porsche in general and the Macan specifically is that you do not have to buy what you do not need or like.

I do not like adaptive cruise control.

I have had Alcantara on both Macans and our first Seat Leon. In both cases it stood up extremely well when our five grandchildren were aged from 2 to 8 years of age. (As as a result of the pandemic, my GTS has had no exposure to them though).

I had £1k off as a returning customer on a new Macan GTSfactory build. Some have done better.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I’d recommend Adaptive Cruise Control, which as you suggest, you need if you want any automated braking facilities.

I use it a lot, and wouldn’t be without it, both for the convenience and for the safety aspects.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Rab J

Post by Rab J »

I had ACC on my 2016 Macan. A few times on the motorway it slammed on the brakes when someone moved lanes in front of me, not close enough to be concerning to me but dangerous IMHO for anyone following me. It was great most of the time but because of the over reactions I have never added it to any of my since
Macan GTS Carmine with 21" black sports classics ---Gone
991.2 GTS Carmine 2WD ---Gone
Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe Jet Black
http://www.porsche-code.com/PL86QK50
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

ACC was one of my "must haves" as a step up from previous plain old CC. I like it, I rarely go out in the car and return without having used it, it helps keep the points down for one thing. However, and testing this might be expensive, the Emergency Braking element is only effective when the ACC is engaged, which around town, where it's most likely to be needed, is never 100% of the time.

Someone will let me know if I'm missing a trick here (like that irritating and over zealous collision warning alarm that I turned off?). 😁
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

I initially looked at a 47,000 mile 3 year old GTS before increasing my budget and going for something newer and lower mileage.
The Alcantara was still immaculate in that car.
2018 Macan GTS Carmine Red
2023 Boxster GTS 4.0 Arctic Grey
2023 Cupra Born V2 77kWh Glacier White
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

My other cars have basic cruise control. I never bother using it as I seem to be turning it on and off all the time, whereas the Macan's active cruise control works perfectly on UK congested roads.
JurassicGTS

Post by JurassicGTS »

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:48 pm ACC was one of my "must haves" as a step up from previous plain old CC. I like it, I rarely go out in the car and return without having used it, it helps keep the points down for one thing. However, and testing this might be expensive, the Emergency Braking element is only effective when the ACC is engaged, which around town, where it's most likely to be needed, is never 100% of the time.

Someone will let me know if I'm missing a trick here (like that irritating and over zealous collision warning alarm that I turned off?). 😁
My understanding is that as long as the ACC switch is pressed forward even if speed is not set, then Porsche active safe does operate as long as the car is travelling at more then 20 mph.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

This has been covered before. The emergency braking is controlled by Porsche Active Safe (PAS). PAS is part of the ACC package but is always on unless specifically switched off from within PCM.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel