Spec advice

All your ordering information here!
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Hi everyone,

About to order a Macan and just wanted to see what people think of the configuration. I know we all have different tastes but wanted to get a feeling.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKRUYQ4

Is Active Cruise Control worth it?

Thanks everyone, hope lockdown ends soon and we all can drive more!

Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I think that’s a nice spec but is there any reason you didn’t go for the ‘S’? It’s not significantly much more when you’re spending that much on options. You get quite a bit more power.

Add larger fuel tank?

I’m a big fan of Adaptive Cruise.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

+1. Spending over £11k on options, I’d definitely consider an S instead, even if you lose an added option or two in the process (if you want to keep to the same all in price). Maybe even look at a GTS, which is a smashing car even with next to no options specced.

P.S. Welcome to our friendly forum! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
pmg

Post by pmg »

S and if cost issue save by 20 in gloss black turbo wheels and dropping pan roof. I would keep ACC and surround-view in preference to Panroof especially as you have gone for a relatively light interior
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

hamiG wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:12 pm Hi everyone,

About to order a Macan and just wanted to see what people think of the configuration. I know we all have different tastes but wanted to get a feeling.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PMKRUYQ4

Is Active Cruise Control worth it?

Thanks everyone, hope lockdown ends soon and we all can drive more!
A warm welcome to you.

A lot will depend on where you live (city or rural) and your typical driving roads - inner city, motorway, B-roads. Perhaps you can give us some further insight on your vehicle usage.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I love ACC personally, I wouldn’t be without unless the car was perfect in every other way. But buying new, you have the luxury to choose.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Thank you all for the warm welcome and recommendations. I am amazed by the fast responses, didn't expect that!

As in where I live and what we use it for, I'm in North London and these days the only use is for grocery shopping (as you can imagine) but post lockdown would be mainly inner-city and of course occasional trips to countryside as and when we can.

Can't change the wheels as it's the wife's must have. I hear what you all say on going for S, I was on two minds whether to go or not but the dealer said S is always thirsty (let alone GTS) and put me off a bit to be honest.

Also the interior Mojave Beige, we're going to see the material today for one last time but in reality it doesn't look as good as in the Porsche Code page photo so I think I'll change that to black!

And I'm gonna keep the ACC, thank you all!
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

For your usage, the 2L is probably the best engine. Mind you don't expect brilliant fuel consumption, it is hauling around nearly two tons of SUV.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

On-Track wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:11 am For your usage, the 2L is probably the best engine. Mind you don't expect brilliant fuel consumption, it is hauling around nearly two tons of SUV.
I agree (with both these comments).

Perhaps have a look at the other interior colour options. For example, Agate will lighten the interior and match the exterior.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I had a 2L loaner for a few days and couldn’t get more than 28mpg, even cruising on the M25.
I think you should try and test drive the S and the 2L back to back and see what mpg you’ll get, I think you’ll be surprised as the S is not any worse than the base Macan in my experience.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.