Spec advice

All your ordering information here!
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

I have owned both 2L (gen 1) and S (gen 2) petrol Macans, and I would concur with one or two comments above that you should not expect great mpg from the 2L.

In fact I found the difference between the two surprisingly small - I got about 28-29 from the 2L vs 26-27 from the 3 litre.

Incidentally note that the first year tax on the S will be higher.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman

hamiG

Post by hamiG »

Hi again, just went to Hatfield Porsche Centre under hail shower(!!!) just to see some interior colour samples and we decided to change the colour to Agate Grey however we're between the Alcantara/leatherette or partial leather (price not a factor here). Any opinion? would the non-leather dash look OK? I guess the seats on the former is kind of suede?

As for S or not, unfortunately there is no test drive till at least 12th Apr. we were told if we go ahead in Mar, we can drive our car early May. I'd rather to wait a bit longer but then I'm looking at Jul delivery!

Thanks again for spending time and sharing your views, it's really helpful.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Race-tex is equivalent to Alcantara. Warmer in winter: cooler in summer. Hard wearing in my experience; looks great and lifts the cabin ambience. Personal opinion. The standard finish dash top still has stitching, but not in a contrasting colour.

The 6-cylinder 3.0 S engine is silky and with a richer sound. Quad exhaust pipes too. As others have said, there's little difference in real world mpg and a small price premium.

Ask your OPC what the 3 year value will be (on PCP final payment) between the 2.0 and 3.0 if that matters to you.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

I had alcantara on my 2028 GTS and thought they were the nicest seats I have ever had. Absolutely loved them both for the look and feel as well as comfort. Nice change from leather as well. The GTS also comes with the leather dash and that adds real class to the whole finish.
When you start loading the options, if you’re doing a PCP you’ll be paying for those options over the term. Therefore it sometimes works out cheaper to go for a more expensive model that includes a lot of the options because the residual is higher.
I just ordered a Cayenne GTS. My original choice was base but with a lot of options. The car worked out the same price pretty much by moving to a GTS which had many of the options I had specced on the base. We won’t talk about the additional fuel cost though. 😬
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

The standard S 8-way seats in Agate with Alcantara. Extremely comfortable.

2017-05-02 (5).JPG

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Dombo

Post by Dombo »

Nice spec. I have the agate grey leather seats, with 8 way adjustment which seems to be fine. Mine also has the standard 18 inch wheels which give a comfortable ride - 21 may be harsh but others can advise. At £3k for the wheels I would put the money elsewhere, but that's me. Mpg from my S is 28-30 so as others have said maybe get an S? Resale may also be better for the more powerful model.
Finally re colour - metallic black looks very good, but matches perfectly with the red/black full leather interior. I drove that combination at Silverstone and it looks gorgeous.
Macan S
996 C2 cab
Fiat 500 Twinair