GTS leather interior package?

All your ordering information here!
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Just finalising my GTS spec and wondering if anyone who has paid the modest (ahem) sum of £2,702 for the GTS leather interior package had a view on whether they felt it was ‘worth’ it now that they have the car? I have a Gen 1 GTS and went fairly light on options (regret not getting Sports Chrono and Panoramic Roof); I don’t want to regret anything this time but that doesn’t mean a ridiculous options list!

I currently have the GTS leather package in my spec (Carmine red, no Race-Tex as I’m absolutely sure I want 14-way seats meaning no to Race-Tex). But Red / Crayon and Race-Tex / no Race-Tex, I’d love to hear anyone’s view who has been in a similar quandary. Ultimately, I know it’s worth it if I want it and am prepared to pay for it, but I’ve ended up adding a collapsible wheel and removing the speed limit indicator, ACC and heat able windscreen as a result if reading through this very useful forum so I’m just seeking views! Thank you :)

jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

I have the GTS 18-way seats with Race-tex in our Turbo EPE and they are awesome. Wouldn't want full leather at all. If I did I'd want seat ventilation option.

Good call on adding the roof and the Chrono.

Also sensible to get rid of speed limit indication, it's pretty useless.

ACC works well though, I'd have that in a heart beat.

I'm on the fence regarding the windscreen, never tried it, but can't see a big reason not to get it.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070
hood69

Post by hood69 »

My GTS spec went in yesterday and the GTS package wasn't something I had to think too much about.
Too pricey for what it is for me.
Had it been about the same price as the pebble/agate then there would have been a choice.
I did hum and haw a bit about doing the extended leather with alcantara and will probably regret not going for it but was determined to keep under 65K.
Didn't bother with sport chrono as I'd never use it.
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

Thanks folks! For me, I’m pretty happy with the rest of the spec; it’s just the GTS leather package that I’m still debating.
Rest of the spec is here: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMG2H224. I’d tried to keep it under £70k, but haven’t quite succeeded.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Shivan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:41 am Thanks folks! For me, I’m pretty happy with the rest of the spec; it’s just the GTS leather package that I’m still debating.
Rest of the spec is here: http://www.porsche-code.com/PMG2H224. I’d tried to keep it under £70k, but haven’t quite succeeded.
Nice spec there, agree it may seem a lot extra but really looks great inside the cabin. I have it in Crayon with RaceTex, also RaceTex headlining. Unfortunate that you can’t get it with the 14 way, had them previously and although the 18 way look better cannot disagree with the whole family that entry and exit is more comfortable with 14. I would definitely go for it, you won’t be disappointed. Plus unless your a sound buff drop the BOSE, had it don’t miss it and gain some extra carrying space.
Bottom line though, spec exactly what you want and get it right first time. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
dragoshsd

Post by dragoshsd »

the GTS leather package with 18 way seats is the best look & feel. You can lots of leather, including on doors, dash, center console, etc. The only downside is for some stupid reason you can't add ventilated seats to it.
f88owl

Post by f88owl »

Hi There
I had the same issue when I specd up my GTS last year. What sold me was the extended leather package which was an extra cost, which was included in the GTS interior package, together with the contrast stitching, red tacho and seat belts. When you add all those items up its a bit of a deal. That said Its only a deal if you really want the option. It took me at least two weeks to decide and In the end i went for it and like you I was trying to keep the costs under £70k but didnt quite manage it. I collect mine next week and have had some shots of the interior, which to be honest would have looked very black without the contract stitching. Good luck with your choice!
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

I have the full leather 18 way seats, the same as in the GTS with full leather package. I have to say they are my favourite part of the car and I would not want the Alcantara, or whatever it’s called these days. The full leather really does feel special and makes it a more premium car. My seats are ventilated which helps in the summer when the black leather does get very hot.

Having said all that, I do recognise that I drive a diesel, and in the GTS you may want the more grippy alcantara seats, I think that’s one major advantage.
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

f88owl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:34 pm Hi There
I had the same issue when I specd up my GTS last year. What sold me was the extended leather package which was an extra cost, which was included in the GTS interior package, together with the contrast stitching, red tacho and seat belts. When you add all those items up its a bit of a deal. That said Its only a deal if you really want the option. It took me at least two weeks to decide and In the end i went for it and like you I was trying to keep the costs under £70k but didnt quite manage it. I collect mine next week and have had some shots of the interior, which to be honest would have looked very black without the contract stitching. Good luck with your choice!
I think the GTS interior is great looking but not sure much of a deal
You can get the extended leather package(with or without alcantara) for £1040
So that means it's £1700 for the different seat belts,one different coloured dial,floor mats and contrasting stitching.
I'm maybe missing something else that I'm not aware of.
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Or you can take edge standard interior but opt for the 18 way seats for around £1k and you then get the full ‘leather’ seats and still save a fair amount.

Each to their own though and for some the alcantara package is part of the DNA of a GTS.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44