Seat options have disappeared?

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Hi, I have a build slot for a GTS in the UK and we have lost the metallic blue and green options and then the seat options disappeared this weekend.
The 'Stealer' informed me that there may be an update regarding the 'Mk3' spec in the 2nd week of May. They clearly know whats going on but can't tell us?!?!?!?!

Papeto

Post by Papeto »

Thats what the SA in Sydney Australia also told me. Macan III to be announced in second week of May. Actually hoping they make the Gentian Blue available on the Macan- thats a beautiful vibrant blue
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Macanori wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:52 pm I’ve emailed my dealer as I have a June build slot for my Macan S - I submitted and signed for my build spec back in March but reading all of this along with the removals of paint options, dealers in the US being warned of delays of 12 weeks, it’s making me a little nervous. No reply just yet - has anyone heard anything on this officially?
I'll be interested to know what the response is from your dealer.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Ok so my dealer responded but I’m still in the dark a bit - apparently my build date originally for the start of June is now towards the end of June but they’ve confirmed that the spec remains unchanged I.e. with 18 way seats. That’s all I’ve got. So I’m not sure now really...guess I’ll have to wait it out???
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Macanori wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:38 pm Ok so my dealer responded but I’m still in the dark a bit - apparently my build date originally for the start of June is now towards the end of June but they’ve confirmed that the spec remains unchanged I.e. with 18 way seats. That’s all I’ve got. So I’m not sure now really...guess I’ll have to wait it out???
I’d take that as a very encouraging sign. Who knows how many of these chips they have available before they run out, maybe we’ll be okay with our orders - keeping my fingers crossed.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
gower

Post by gower »

I have just had to cancel my Macan S order , from end of March, as i was told by solihul Porsche that only 8 way seats are now available.
Build date was supposed to be 7 May and then was pushed back to june then july and now to august. Just had enough - may as well wait for the mk3
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

gower wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:31 pm I have just had to cancel my Macan S order , from end of March, as i was told by solihul Porsche that only 8 way seats are now available.
Build date was supposed to be 7 May and then was pushed back to june then july and now to august. Just had enough - may as well wait for the mk3
Ouch, sorry to hear that! That doesn’t exactly bode well for me with a June build date...Strange how your dealer has already communicated 3 push-backs yet mine is still holding for a June date (albeit 2 weeks later than planned). I’m not holding my breath now...
MCKD

Post by MCKD »

Hi, first time post after lots of lurking.

My UK macan s was due to leave factory 26/04 and was allegedly delayed a month for seat issue - I ordered 18 way sports seats and OPC told me all of the other seats were removed due to general component shortages. They said Suez, covid, whatever.

I asked are you sure it's nothing to do with 2022 model and obviously they said no. For me if it's a month that's fine, I think everything is being delayed right now. If it gets several months you have to start wondering about the refresh and whether you want the run out model without some kind of sweetener - but to be honest there are delays building on everything right now so I wouldn't fancy my chances on a 2022 delivery in October right now...
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Mine is not due to leave the factory until the end of June. I’ve specced 18 way and been told by the dealer as I’ve already specced them there won’t be an issue. As for run off models, that’s the one I want. Don’t want touch screen and I definitely don’t want one of these new versions with an electric motor! :D
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Shivan

Post by Shivan »

My freeze point has slipped from an original date of early April through to 3 May, then 7 May and now 16 May. Reading all the various posts from members here, it does sound as if Porsche doesn't quite have a consistent narrative on this yet and it's difficult to understand what the actual main cause of the delay is (semiconductor shortages in general, a fire in a factory in CHina that has delayed some specific components or strike action in the Leipzig plant). My current feeling is that I'll be lucky if my freeze date doesn't move again and even luckier if I see my new car anytime in July which is when I really need it by. Fingers crossed, though :)