Semiconductor Shortage

All your ordering information here!
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

My OPC left a message on my vm on Thursday to advise the date had been updated, but apparently doesn’t know what the date is!! I’m starting to wonder how a company such as Porsche can be so poor in its communication. There is definitely something going on, but they must think I came down in the last shower!
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Porsche communication is rubbish but then I’m not sure any of them are any better - one of my lotus got lost between Norfolk and Sussex ! 😂

For those pushed right back I agree I would be wanting the gen 3 now at the same price.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Oh and I thought it was bad in 2019 waiting for my Gen 2 S (March to September) to get its WLTP certification! You all have my sympathy, mine's made up for it with 19k miles of bliss since , keep following the rainbow......
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Whoop whoop !!!

Just had a call from my OPC that my GTS will be at the dealership tomorrow, ready for a Monday pick up 😊😊😊
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Conwy GTS wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:23 pm Whoop whoop !!!

Just had a call from my OPC that my GTS will be at the dealership tomorrow, ready for a Monday pick up 😊😊😊
Excellent
At long last
Trip up to Perth then.
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

I’m now in the same boat - an absolute joke…the car was supposed to come out of factory this week and now been advised that’s it’s 30th Sept. To add insult to injury, I wouldn’t have found out unless I proactively emailed the dealer today having read other people’s experiences here.

Trying to decide best course of action - cancel? Request to be put at front of list for facelift?
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Macanori wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:01 pm I’m now in the same boat - an absolute joke…the car was supposed to come out of factory this week and now been advised that’s it’s 30th Sept. To add insult to injury, I wouldn’t have found out unless I proactively emailed the dealer today having read other people’s experiences here.

Trying to decide best course of action - cancel? Request to be put at front of list for facelift?
If your car is in build so the deposit is not refundable then if the date keeps getting pushed back then I suspect you will have a chance of getting Gen 3 car for the same money. If you were to cancel you would likely lose your deposit once it’s gone into build. There not going to keep a production line churning out Gen 2 just to satisfy a few orders if they are waiting to build Gen 3. I suspect though Gen 3 will also be pushed back and you will just have to wait.

I’m in the same boat in that my GTS is meant to be at the OPC at the end of this month but I’m not holding much hope based on here.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Good point(s) thanks! It’s a first world problem I guess!

But it’s one thing moving the date by a few weeks but to the end of Sept?! It also feels like a made-up date if other people are also getting 30th Sept…
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

Macanori wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:09 pm Good point(s) thanks! It’s a first world problem I guess!

But it’s one thing moving the date by a few weeks but to the end of Sept?! It also feels like a made-up date if other people are also getting 30th Sept…

So I decided this morning to email my OPC to check the GTS was still due at the end of this week. I got a reply to say also due ‘end of September’ which is disappointing but not entirely unexpected given the comments of others.

Not quite sure what to do now, as I don’t think there is much certainty of it arriving for the start of October.

As others have said, first world problems and all that, but I do need a car........
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

On-Track wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:10 am Probably around 21 days from build completion to arrival at the OPC. This time next month you should be out and about enjoying it. The A93 from Perth to Ballater is a fantastic road to get the feel of the car. Watch out for the motorcyclists though.

We’ve been staying in Dunkeld for the past few days and finally picked up the GTS yesterday. Took your advice and took the A93 up to Balmoral. Very much like some of the roads and views in North Wales, stunning!!

The GTS is also stunning, but has a bit of an issue with poor bonnet alignment on the passenger side, which will have to resolved nearer to home as we, nor Perth have the time to get it sorted.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback