New Porsche Macan GTS - 2021 Facelift

All your ordering information here!
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

Looks clear to me that the new EV Macan will be launched as the Turbo at a later date - hence they are keeping the name available.

Turbo has always been the fastest in the range, so launching a quicker EV after the Turbo would make no sense. I can't see Macan going electric only, until necessary, so I expect they'll have a Turbo branded EV halo model at the top with a powertrain similar to the Taycan.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070

JLR

Post by JLR »

Having had a MY21 GTS for 8 months I can’t understand anyone salivating at the prospect of having turbo power instead of today’s 375 bhp which believe me is plenty. Pressing the sport response button on the Sport Chrono dial turns the GTS in to an overtaking monster which on A-roads is a total blast. If it was extra power for the same cost and fuel consumption then of course yes, but to pay more for extra power is imho not necessary. The current GTS is rapid enough (and has impeccable handling).
Current: MY21 Carmine Red Macan GTS
Sold: 2017 BMW 540i Touring
jaffacake

Post by jaffacake »

JLR wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:08 pm Having had a MY21 GTS for 8 months I can’t understand anyone salivating at the prospect of having turbo power instead of today’s 375 bhp which believe me is plenty. Pressing the sport response button on the Sport Chrono dial turns the GTS in to an overtaking monster which on A-roads is a total blast. If it was extra power for the same cost and fuel consumption then of course yes, but to pay more for extra power is imho not necessary. The current GTS is rapid enough (and has impeccable handling).
This is all very subjective, some people think the Base and S models are also quick enough. That's the beauty of having a choice.
---
2018 Macan Turbo Exclusive Performance Edition with all the trimmings

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=10070