New gen Macan

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I keep my keys in a faraday pouch. Seems to work even if you stand right next to the car.

PaulR

Post by PaulR »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:19 pm My current car has it, and my Son's MX5 has it, but they are proper keyless entry rather than having a dummy key permanently inserted in the key hole. I really hope they update in the facelift and put a proper "start" button in.
The Macan does has a proper keyless entry. It offers the same functionality as other keyless entry systems. You just twist a knob instead of pressing a button to physically start the engine.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

The functionality is the same but the way it achieves it seems a bit heath robinson. There is a repeater that plugs into the keyhole, that can be removed the same as a key can. It looks a bit “rubbish” for such an expensive car. For me I think I’d rather just use the key if it doesn’t change in the new model. I do hope so because the last time I used an actual key in a car was in my 2007 BMW.

Not criticising the car in general, else I wouldn’t be buying one, I just think their keyless entry is a tad “Halfords”.
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

^^^^ A tad harsh, but it is one of the most secure systems now in terms of resisting relay attacks.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 pm The functionality is the same but the way it achieves it seems a bit heath robinson. There is a repeater that plugs into the keyhole, that can be removed the same as a key can. It looks a bit “rubbish” for such an expensive car. For me I think I’d rather just use the key if it doesn’t change in the new model. I do hope so because the last time I used an actual key in a car was in my 2007 BMW.

Not criticising the car in general, else I wouldn’t be buying one, I just think their keyless entry is a tad “Halfords”.
I don’t understand why anyone would pay money to make their car easier to steal. I always spec a keyed car if possible. I’m hoping Keyless entry ISNT included as standard on the new S.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:53 am ^^^^ A tad harsh, but it is one of the most secure systems now in terms of resisting relay attacks.
This may be true, Nick, but the Porsche system appears to be causing cracks in door handles 🤔🤔
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

I had to pay for entry and drive on the 911 - not sure it is standard on any Porsche - a way of getting more money from the punter even though my dogs Seat has it as standard.

I understood the Porsche ones were one of the best and despite putting mine in a box too, I understand the key does to sleep when it hasn’t moved so can’t be subject to relay attack. It’s one of the best on the market. JLR produces on the other hand…
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
MCKD

Post by MCKD »

Hi,
passed on my Gen 2 S order when i heard about the S getting the GTS 2.9V6 as it kept being delayed and then heard the new details. I knew the interior changes were coming, but this seemed a bigger refresh than i was expecting so would rather have the new car. OPC said ~2k uplift for the S which im fine with - waiting on the configurator but you might make some of that back if a few more panels are painted etc rather than options lol.

Re. Bose, I was in the same boat - i like music but not audiophile, but kept seeing on forums that the base is fine. Went for a listen and its fine if all you do is listen to the radio, but there is a big difference even with bluetooth streaming, which i know isnt exactly high quality. The Bose allegedly has either a DAC or EQ thats specifically for bluetooth and for me the difference was night and day. Plus no matter what i did i couldnt get the volume change between streaming and radio right on the normal system - streaming is sooo quiet, had to boost everything on phone and EQ and whatever, so for that reason alone it was a no. You might only use it a few times on a sunny day, but a stereo needs to have some bass and kick, and if i didnt get Bose i know id always be regretting it.

BTW on my quick listen its at least as good as HK on BMW (current) and B&O on Audi. From memory Audi B&O better than BMW if that helps decide, not heard enough of Bose yet to know.
ianst

Post by ianst »

Theres certain things that get parroted on here, that is one.

you can't tell the difference from bose and the standard
air suspension makes people sick
20" wheels are the best
nonsense about who makes which engine
gen 1 owners hating on gen 2 cars cos of the light bar
gen 2 owners hating on the haptic touch buttons

etc etc
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

mistercesq wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:30 am
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 pm The functionality is the same but the way it achieves it seems a bit heath robinson. There is a repeater that plugs into the keyhole, that can be removed the same as a key can. It looks a bit “rubbish” for such an expensive car. For me I think I’d rather just use the key if it doesn’t change in the new model. I do hope so because the last time I used an actual key in a car was in my 2007 BMW.

I don’t understand why anyone would pay money to make their car easier to steal. I always spec a keyed car if possible. I’m hoping Keyless entry ISNT included as standard on the new S.
This belief is now out of date, at least for the current Porsches and a few other makes. The keys do not transmit signals when at rest and are thus as secure as any other key against relay attack.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA