Waiting for a Gen 2 GTS

All your ordering information here!
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:07 am
MikeM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 pm Waited 18 months for my first Macan, currently have another car on order that I’m not likely to see this side of 2023 although the manufacturer suggests sooner. Thinking of the EV Macan next, it’s not so bad having such toys to look forward to. Just relax and enjoy the build up, as with Christmas it will soon come around again 😉
for me its a logistical issue. I can really only afford one toy at a time (and only having parking for 2 cars doesn't help as one of those spaces is taken up by my son's car). My current car lease expires at the end of Dec, and they are already asking me if I want to buy it or hand it back. Ideally I want to dove-tail the Porsche coming in and the old car going back as closely as possible. But BMW will want to know what I am doing way before Dec so I really need to know what Porsche are doing else I could be in a situation where I have no car for months, and that wont work (my son's car is a 2 seater with a tiny boot, so not great for the Tesco run or any trip with more than 2 people, so I cant just borrow that).

The obvious choice is to buy the current car whatever happens, but I don't really want to add another £15k on top of the deposit I need to pay Porsche by buying the current car, plus we are then back to the hassle of where to park 3 cars when the Porsche turns up plus all the hassle of having to sell the other car if I buy it.

So its not quite a straight forward as relaxing and enjoying the build-up in all circumstances
I would try to negotiate a deal with OPC that bridge the gap with a loner. Alternatively, ask the lease company whether possible to extend on a flexible until Macan arrives
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

neilj007

Post by neilj007 »

I've taken a short-term lease out once I sold my Cayenne and waiting for the Taycan...28 day initial commitment then hand back whenever. (A 21 plate, 4500 mile Volvo V60) The monthly payment is not much different to a regular PCP deal and it includes RFL and servicing and recovery. Company I use is flexed.co.uk, though others are available
Macan
Taycan Turbo
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

neilj007 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:52 am I've taken a short-term lease out once I sold my Cayenne and waiting for the Taycan...28 day initial commitment then hand back whenever. (A 21 plate, 4500 mile Volvo V60) The monthly payment is not much different to a regular PCP deal and it includes RFL and servicing and recovery. Company I use is flexed.co.uk, though others are available
good idea, but not sure how that will affect the credit check when I sort out the finance on the Porsche. Presumably it will show up as another loan. I've never missed a payment on anything in my life, and have zero balance on my credit cards, but still got turned down for a smallish loan recently to buy some land.
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

pmg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 am
MikeM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 pm Waited 18 months for my first Macan, currently have another car on order that I’m not likely to see this side of 2023 although the manufacturer suggests sooner. Thinking of the EV Macan next, it’s not so bad having such toys to look forward to. Just relax and enjoy the build up, as with Christmas it will soon come around again 😉
for me its a logistical issue. I can really only afford one toy at a time (and only having parking for 2 cars doesn't help as one of those spaces is taken up by my son's car). My current car lease expires at the end of Dec, and they are already asking me if I want to buy it or hand it back. Ideally I want to dove-tail the Porsche coming in and the old car going back as closely as possible. But BMW will want to know what I am doing way before Dec so I really need to know what Porsche are doing else I could be in a situation where I have no car for months, and that wont work (my son's car is a 2 seater with a tiny boot, so not great for the Tesco run or any trip with more than 2 people, so I cant just borrow that).

The obvious choice is to buy the current car whatever happens, but I don't really want to add another £15k on top of the deposit I need to pay Porsche by buying the current car, plus we are then back to the hassle of where to park 3 cars when the Porsche turns up plus all the hassle of having to sell the other car if I buy it.

So its not quite a straight forward as relaxing and enjoying the build-up in all circumstances
I would try to negotiate a deal with OPC that bridge the gap with a loner. Alternatively, ask the lease company whether possible to extend on a flexible until Macan arrives
Why not purchase the BMW and ask Porsche to match that price when it comes to trade in?
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Conwy GTS wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:27 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 am

Why not purchase the BMW and ask Porsche to match that price when it comes to trade in?

I could certainly give that a go. I'm there Sat so see what they think of that idea
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Anyone had any updates on their Gen 2 order?

Quick call with the dealer on Friday and it’s still showing as build 30th Sept…

Now reading issues on the Gen 3 threads about issues with PASM and Air Suspension but not sure if our orders will also be impacted…
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Not heard from my OPC for over 2 weeks, so no idea what’s going on. I get the impression they don’t know what’s happening either.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

F1 Nut wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 pm Not heard from my OPC for over 2 weeks, so no idea what’s going on. I get the impression they don’t know what’s happening either.
Yep in the same boat and heard nothing, I did get my proper invite to the PEC day so don’t think that would have happened if the order wasn’t completely locked and firm. Have you had your invite?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
F1 Nut

Post by F1 Nut »

Yes, I had my invite in November, just a couple on months after I ordered. I wouldn’t read too much into the PEC invite. I haven’t used the invite yet as I’m waiting for the point when the instructors go out in the car with you. I believe you get 2-3 years to use the invite.
Current: Macan Turbo 2021 http://www.porsche-code.com/PM513BZ5
Previous: BMW 540i 2018
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

F1 Nut wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:36 pm Yes, I had my invite in November, just a couple on months after I ordered. I wouldn’t read too much into the PEC invite. I haven’t used the invite yet as I’m waiting for the point when the instructors go out in the car with you. I believe you get 2-3 years to use the invite.
Yes you do get 2 years and perhaps you are right it means nothing, I was looking at it as it’s a cost to Porsche that they wouldn’t want to take if ultimately the order is cancelled?
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44