Waiting for a Gen 2 GTS

All your ordering information here!
Hodgy

Post by Hodgy »

Ordered Gen 2 S mid May South Lakes (Kendal) already on site awaiting final prep .
Seemingly no delays although I did settle for 8 way seats.

Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Quick update - the dealer expects that all Gen 2 orders will need to be completed before Gen 3 production begins - they reckon the factory may not even have a shutdown in summer to retool in August if they can’t get the Gen 2 orders completed…so it’s likely Gen 3 will be delayed. Basically they’re reliant on info from Porsche GB and it sounds like it’s quite limited right now…
Guy

Post by Guy »

From the Porsche Leipzig site: (click the blue 'Contact' button here: https://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/home/)

From 31.07.2021 to 23.08.2021 inclusive, the Porsche Leipzig Customer Centre and the Porsche Factory Leipzig will be closed for plant holidays. Thank you for your understanding that we will only be available to a limited extent during this time.
Macanori

Post by Macanori »

Case in point! No one seems to know what’s going on - I think the dealer’s point was that in a given shutdown, they may not use the period to retool for Gen 3 but then again when would they do it?!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Having placed an order and paid a deposit (2 weeks ago) for a Gen 3 I asked my dealer what happens next and he said, basically, you wait. I suspect the next 6 months are going to get a bit stressy.

At the moment Porsche are saying Gen 3 deliveries are expected to start in Oct. Lets see.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Neil, don't stress! It's only a car and when, eventually, you get behind the wheel on a decent road all those nasty weeks of waiting will become a distant memory quickl erased by joys of driving.....
Well, it worked for me!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:09 pm Neil, don't stress! It's only a car and when, eventually, you get behind the wheel on a decent road all those nasty weeks of waiting will become a distant memory quickl erased by joys of driving.....
Well, it worked for me!
Patience is a virtue. Sadly I am the least virtuous person the planet. :?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Perhaps getting your just deserts then! ☺
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Waited 18 months for my first Macan, currently have another car on order that I’m not likely to see this side of 2023 although the manufacturer suggests sooner. Thinking of the EV Macan next, it’s not so bad having such toys to look forward to. Just relax and enjoy the build up, as with Christmas it will soon come around again 😉
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

MikeM wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:01 pm Waited 18 months for my first Macan, currently have another car on order that I’m not likely to see this side of 2023 although the manufacturer suggests sooner. Thinking of the EV Macan next, it’s not so bad having such toys to look forward to. Just relax and enjoy the build up, as with Christmas it will soon come around again 😉
for me its a logistical issue. I can really only afford one toy at a time (and only having parking for 2 cars doesn't help as one of those spaces is taken up by my son's car). My current car lease expires at the end of Dec, and they are already asking me if I want to buy it or hand it back. Ideally I want to dove-tail the Porsche coming in and the old car going back as closely as possible. But BMW will want to know what I am doing way before Dec so I really need to know what Porsche are doing else I could be in a situation where I have no car for months, and that wont work (my son's car is a 2 seater with a tiny boot, so not great for the Tesco run or any trip with more than 2 people, so I cant just borrow that).

The obvious choice is to buy the current car whatever happens, but I don't really want to add another £15k on top of the deposit I need to pay Porsche by buying the current car, plus we are then back to the hassle of where to park 3 cars when the Porsche turns up plus all the hassle of having to sell the other car if I buy it.

So its not quite a straight forward as relaxing and enjoying the build-up in all circumstances