Recommended deposit

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

£3k

Balance on collection.

If your OPC is wanting more cash buy from a different OPC.

After you place a deposit the info also gets forwarded to Silverstone PEC who will invite you to a free 1/2 day on the tracks there driving a car similar to what you have ordered.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:24 pm £3k

Balance on collection.

If your OPC is wanting more cash buy from a different OPC.

After you place a deposit the info also gets forwarded to Silverstone PEC who will invite you to a free 1/2 day on the tracks there driving a car similar to what you have ordered.
Presumably that’s only if you are paying cash?
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think there is some confusion here between the deposit required to secure an order and the deposit sum needed for a finance agreement. It seems this dealer is suggesting a £10k deposit is about normal for their PCP customers but it can be lower if the customer wants as 10% is the minimum.
Deleted User 4436

I have a Porsche order form in front of me because I just revised my spec and had to resign it. I'd post an image if I new how, but the official Porsche line on deposits appears to be:

£3k for Boxter, Cayman, Macan, Cayanne
£5k for Taycan, Panamera, All 911 (excluding Turbo and GT Models)
£10k for 911 Turbo and GT models
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

Yes that’s the deposit required for order placement but the finance deposit can be completely different.
Deleted User 4436

MCDK wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:22 pm Yes that’s the deposit required for order placement but the finance deposit can be completely different.
I paid on finance, and paid the £3k as a deposit as per the chart. That is the actual deposit amount irrespective of how you are paying (cash or finance).

Finance allows you to pay as much or as little of the total as you want, and finance the rest. The only caveat being that the original deposit and the amount your are financing must be at least 10% of the value of the car. So if you are buying a £60k Macan the min is £3k dealer deposit then £3k on top of that when you get a build date to bring it up to £6k or 10% of the total purchase price.

I think we've done that to death now.
Deleted User 4436

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 pm
MCDK wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:22 pm Yes that’s the deposit required for order placement but the finance deposit can be completely different.
I paid on finance, and paid the £3k as a deposit as per the chart. That is the actual deposit amount irrespective of how you are paying (cash or finance).

Finance allows you to pay as much or as little of the total as you want, and finance the rest. The only caveat being that the original deposit and the amount your are financing must combine to be at least 10% of the value of the car. So if you are buying a £60k Macan the min is £3k dealer deposit then £3k on top of that when you get a build date to bring it up to £6k or 10% of the total purchase price.

Deleted User 4436

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:45 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:44 pm

Finance allows you to pay as much or as little of the total as you want, and finance the rest. The only caveat being that the original deposit and the amount your are financing must combine to be at least 10% of the value of the car. So if you are buying a £60k Macan the min is £3k order deposit (as in the chart) then £3k on top of that when you get a build date to bring it up to £6k or 10% of the total purchase price.

MCDK

Post by MCDK »

I think you have just repeated it all again!!

My point was that the deposit being suggested by the OP’s dealer was in relation to a recommended amount for a finance deal. Others then started to talk of the £3k deposit to place an order.

Anyone, as you say done to death
Machan

Post by Machan »

Has anyone taken a PCP deal from elsewhere (not via an OPC)?

I sat down with an OPC finance guy recently and didn't really warm to him, I'd much rather not give him my business, but keen to hear if going elsewhere is a better deal.

Thanks.