Coast2Coast cars

All your ordering information here!
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

Has anyone ordered the new Macan or have previously ordered a Porsche via Coast2Coast cars?

Deposit down for the new GTS at the beginning of July. I know it's not much but 1% discount is better then nothing and usually it's easier to get blood from stone then get a discount from Porsche especially for a car that's yet to be released.

Apart from the initial enquiry I now deal completely now with one of their selected OPCs.

I'm probably over thinking it but surely there must be a catch somewhere? To be honest I'm worried the OPC will stick me to back of the allocations available due to the relatively small discount. If so I'd rather lose the discount and get it from an OPC that can get me into the car quicker (car is for the wife/boss).

Can anyone share any positive/negative experiences if they used Coast2Coast?

GWL

Post by GWL »

I haven't actually bought from them, but a few years ago when I was about to buy a BMW M135i I contacted Coast2Coast with a few questions. During that conversation I found out that they had a number of official dealers who were offering the discounts. If I signed up to their offer I would be put in touch with a specific official dealership. In my case, the BMW dealership was very near to me, in Reading. So you'll probably find you'll be buying from an OPC - but it may be some distance from you.

I didn't buy from them in the end as there was a dealer on the "babybmw" forum offering a better discount.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MrBaozi wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:29 am Has anyone ordered the new Macan or have previously ordered a Porsche via Coast2Coast cars?

Deposit down for the new GTS at the beginning of July. I know it's not much but 1% discount is better then nothing and usually it's easier to get blood from stone then get a discount from Porsche especially for a car that's yet to be released.

Apart from the initial enquiry I now deal completely now with one of their selected OPCs.

I'm probably over thinking it but surely there must be a catch somewhere? To be honest I'm worried the OPC will stick me to back of the allocations available due to the relatively small discount. If so I'd rather lose the discount and get it from an OPC that can get me into the car quicker (car is for the wife/boss).

Can anyone share any positive/negative experiences if they used Coast2Coast?
I think, legit or not (and I am sure they are), I'd happily absorb the 1% discount for having a little less stress in the buying process. And if I couldn't absorb it I'd drop something of my config to match the price difference. I'm all in favour of doing things in the simplest and least stressful way possible (although that may be why I never have any money)
Ntense

Post by Ntense »

Hi, I ordered my 2019 Macan S through Coast to Coast and secured a 2% discount. The process was faultless and I experienced no issues with the dealership who partners with C2. At present the discount is 1% but better than a poke in the eye with a stick...
Tim H

Post by Tim H »

I used them to secure a great discount on my wife's Mini. Great service, comms and follow up.
For the Macan, I started with C2C, but secured a better discount with the local OPC.
Current: MY23 Macan S (Gentian Blue)
Previous: MY21 Macan S (Sapphire Blue)
Deleted User 4436

Tim H wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:23 pm I used them to secure a great discount on my wife's Mini. Great service, comms and follow up.
For the Macan, I started with C2C, but secured a better discount with the local OPC.
Can you come and have a word with my OPC? The don't seem at all keen on the D word.
pmg

Post by pmg »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:45 pm
Tim H wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:23 pm I used them to secure a great discount on my wife's Mini. Great service, comms and follow up.
Can you come and have a word with my OPC? The don't seem at all keen on the D word.
Small discounts only appear at OPC's when the time to order is short or the are sitting on unsold stock. Hence it is very infrequent. This is clearly not the case at present. I suggested the shareholders of any OPC talking to Coast to Coast at present need to sack their OPC management. Sytner management is too business sharp to be offering discounts at present.

Personally, I prefer a situation when buyers pay list, no discounts and cars from a brand depreciate slowly. BMW used to be like that in the mid-seventies, which is not the case today. it is actually backfiring on BMW as can be seen from the forums a lot who rented their cars at low PCP's after discount can no longer afford to replace in the current market.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
GWL

Post by GWL »

Problem is (I assume) you're ordering a "new generation" model (Gen 3) which usually means little to no discount for about a year after launch.
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
Deleted User 4436

GWL wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:59 pm
Problem is (I assume) you're ordering a "new generation" model (Gen 3) which usually means little to no discount for about a year after launch.
Your assumption is entirely apposite
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

There are discounts available and they can be more than 2% - I'll put you in touch with my dealer if anyone wants.
Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S