Macan GTS air suspension

All your ordering information here!
steve21288

Post by steve21288 »

Just ordered my first ever Porsche - a Macan GTS for delivery next year. I have some time before build lock and one of the queries I have is around the air suspension:

I can either have the GTS air suspension (10mm lower) or the standard air suspension. Both are the same price. Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

pmg

Post by pmg »

If priority handling more than ride then GTS, if the other way around then standard.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
bompey

Post by bompey »

I figured Porsche have given the GTS special air suspension for a reason so I’m going with the -10mm GTS air.
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I'm figuring as it says it's adjustable that you don't have to have it always at the lowest setting, i.e. 10mm lower than the other, but you can if you want to? The set up will also likely be stiffer, if you want it to be.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:37 pm I'm figuring as it says it's adjustable that you don't have to have it always at the lowest setting, i.e. 10mm lower than the other, but you can if you want to? The set up will also likely be stiffer, if you want it to be.
My understanding is the stiffer setup applies irrespective of height setting and each height setting is 10 mm below the standard air. the Gen 2 GTS had the lower height and some stiffening cf Gen 2 S models but I read the Gen 3 GTS changes as the stiffening bean increased compared to a Gen 2 GTS with air. That may be fine on smooth german tarmac but in the Uk .....?
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Yikes! I best get a pillow then!!!
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

You'll need to double check with your dealer but my understanding is this for the facelift Macan or gen 3:
Macan / Macan S with steel suspension ride height is 202 mm.
Macan / Macan S with air suspension ride height is 187 mm
Macan GTS with std option will have ride height of 177mm
Macan GTS with -10mm option will have exactly the same damping rates as above but a ride height of 187 mm. This is offered as a no cost option as some customers can't live with the lowered ride height of the 'std' GTS option. Hope that makes sense, but best check with your OPC.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Alfanut wrote: Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:44 pm You'll need to double check with your dealer but my understanding is this for the facelift Macan or gen 3:
Macan / Macan S with steel suspension ride height is 202 mm.
Macan / Macan S with air suspension ride height is 187 mm
Macan GTS with std option will have ride height of 177mm
Macan GTS with -10mm option will have exactly the same damping rates as above but a ride height of 187 mm. This is offered as a no cost option as some customers can't live with the lowered ride height of the 'std' GTS option. Hope that makes sense, but best check with your OPC.
The exact wording of the option is :-
Replaces the GTS Sports Air Suspension (-10mm lowered) with regular Adaptive Air Suspension (same ride height as other Macan models). Includes Porsche Adaptive Suspension Management (PASM).

To me that implies you get the spring rates of the regular air suspension which would be lower than those of the GTS. I don't know if the PASM damping is different between models. Porsche have some very clever suspension engineers and I'm sure they have no intention of sharing the secrets of their success.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel