My Last Macan

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Having just been told I have an October build date for my Macan S I am posting the configuration PNMXWRX1 for comment. This will be my third Macan since 2015 and probably my last (72 by the time it is delivered) so it needs to be right as I intend to keep it for a good few years.
I think I know what I want apart from the colour which I have four weeks to decide on, but any constructive comments would be welcome .

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Nice, very similar to mine but with a few extra bells and whistles

PN8TWID8
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN8TWID8

I would have liked the pebble interior, my current car has off-white leather, but it just pushed the budget a bit too far.

Only comment i would make is about the sport seats. I agonised over this one for ages and eventually went to the OPC and sat in several cars with and without sport seats and to me the 14 way comfort seats were so much more, well, comfy. I found the side bolsters on the sports seats incredibly uncomfortable to clammer over getting in and out and I know my wife would really struggle ( she has a dodgy knee ).

I also found the sports seats a bit hard and “constraining”. I’m not a big chap either, 5ft 7, 36-38 inch waist and about 13st. But with the bolster as wide as possible it still felt a bit cramped.

I REALLY wanted to like them, and have sports seats in my current car but I just found getting in and out too much of a chore with the 18 ways.

There are a whole heap of people who disagree with me though, and if you’ve already owned Macan this may be something you have already lived with.
andreas

Post by andreas »

Jonnyw wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:26 pm I think I know what I want apart from the colour which I have four weeks to decide on, but any constructive comments would be welcome .
The colour's fine. It's all such a personal choice, but I wouldn't pay extra for the painted exterior package, lane change assist, adaptive cruise control, seat ventilation, grey seat belts or Bose sound. That's around £4K you could save!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Jonnyw wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:26 pm Having just been told I have an October build date for my Macan S I am posting the configuration PNMXWRX1 for comment. This will be my third Macan since 2015 and probably my last (72 by the time it is delivered) so it needs to be right as I intend to keep it for a good few years.
I think I know what I want apart from the colour which I have four weeks to decide on, but any constructive comments would be welcome .
A decent spec build, it looks great. Had Volcano with Pebble and Agate interior with my first Macan a really nice combination, think the pebble and now black is even better. Glad to see that you have included the pebble seat belts ( looks naff with standard) Agree with OP comments re seats, had both 14 and 18 and like the look of the 18 and happy to live with them but 14 are the best for entry and exit. Personally would add the GT steering wheel as it looks and feels really good to handle. Also for me I like the air suspension but would drop the BOSE as I rarely use the sound system, would add auto dimming mirrors and PDLS plus, had it on my first Macan didn’t think I needed it on my current but actually miss the benefit it provides when driving country roads at night. 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport (basalt)
2012. 991 Carrera S (sapphire)
2016. Macan Turbo (volcano)
Current
2020. Macan GTS (crayon)
2024. Macan GTS (gentian) sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

^^^^ interested in PDLS vs PDLS+. From what I can see the only difference is PDLS+ Turns the fogs on when you are turning, other than that it’s exactly the same.
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm ^^^^ interested in PDLS vs PDLS+. From what I can see the only difference is PDLS+ Turns the fogs on when you are turning, other than that it’s exactly the same.
PDLS+ gives you auto high beam assist which is why I’ve specced it.
Deleted User 4436

Is that this bit?

“””PDLS Plus also offers with this configuration a dynamic main beam control with continuous range adaptation based on prevailing traffic “”” and navigation-based Intersection Assistant that activates the left and right static cornering lights for improved illumination of the surrounding area at intersections and junctions
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:54 pm Is that this bit?

“””PDLS Plus also offers with this configuration a dynamic main beam control with continuous range adaptation based on prevailing traffic “”” and navigation-based Intersection Assistant that activates the left and right static cornering lights for improved illumination of the surrounding area at intersections and junctions
Yes that’s it. Not an easily understandable description.
But basically high beam will automatically activate when required and conditions allow then temporarily deactivate/dialback when it detects forward or oncoming vehicles.
Deleted User 4436

Atlantis wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:26 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:54 pm Is that this bit?

Yes that’s it. Not an easily understandable description.
But basically high beam will automatically activate when required and conditions allow then temporarily deactivate/dialback when it detects forward or oncoming vehicles.
Like the free option on a Transit van, and my Mini. Didn’t realise that’s what it was. I think I may have to add that to my spec if its not too expensive. Thanks.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Jonnyw, I see your current and previous Macans have both been dark blue. I'd suggest taking a look at Gentian Blue, a colour that was new for the Taycan. I'm sure this will provoke a response but IMHO there are too many Volcano Grey Macans around. I'm not against Grey, my Cayenne was in Meteor Grey, just dark Grey.

I've had 18 way sports seats on all three of my Porsches and find them supremely comfortable. The comments about getting in and out are fair. I'm 5ft 7in just like one of the other posters but a 38in waist and 13 stone have long faded in my rear view mirror :( . I had intended to go for 14 way on my GTS but the GTS interior is only available with 8 or 18 ways seats. I also found the lowered ride height of the GTS on air largely solved the entry/exit problem.

PDLS Plus is a no for me, I was put off auto high beam in my last two Mercedes. If I select high beam (which is very rare with current traffic levels), I want it when I say so not when the car thinks it's OK.

I had Pebble/Agate in my SD (with Pebble Grey seat belts) and loved it. I'm sure the Pebble/Black combination will be even better.

I've always found the standard sound system fine (having had Harmen Kardon on two Mercedes) so would save £800 on speccing Bose.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel