My Last Macan

All your ordering information here!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Great looking spec.

I like the "Porsche Crest on front headrests". Looks quite special I think and not too expensive £160.

Lovely looking interior :D

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

On-Track wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 am

I'm 5ft 7in just like one of the other posters but a 38in waist and 13 stone have long faded in my rear view mirror :(
🤣🤣🤣
After over a year of not getting out of the house I must say most of my 38” trousers are a tad snug. Possibly balanced out by many fewer business lunches though.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I did just what you are doing with Macan number two.

Five years later my choice of options work for me, see my signature for what I included.

18 way, a definite no, no, the bolsters can be intrusive and I ended up being wedged in with no squirm room on longish journeys. My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have sat in.

Heated steering wheel, best option since sliced bread.

ACC, great for the auto braking alone.

Sports Chrono, hardly ever used it.

Connect +, not used the online features much, best feature is the traffic maps.

LED lighting with PDLS, great option to include and as an old guy with cataracts, it helps a lot if I drive in the country or on the motorway at night. I disabled the auto full beam in the Menu system.

Air Suspension gives a velvet smooth ride on my 20” rims

Spare wheel plus a bought repair kit plus a torch gives options in the event of a flat at night out in the sticks or in bad mobile reception areas.

I probably would not bother with the Pano but I can see why it is a good inclusion if the car is not to be a keeper.

Surround Cam, well worth including, it is far superior to just Rev Cam.

Rear Airbag, we included it because we have our Grandkids in the back of ours.

Interior Light Pack, for the extra lighting in the cabin

Storage Pack, worth it for the rear seat storage pockets as that is where I like to keep the road atlas, yep I’m old school.

Power Assist, to help lighten the steering load when parking, back issues and a Macan with no Power Assist made parking uncomfortable for me hence I included it in my Macan

Only bling I included was the Sports Mirrors and Ally Gear Shift.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Thanks col
never considered the storage pack now added
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

On-Track wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:24 am a 38in waist and 13 stone have long faded in my rear view mirror
Another dream, the Mark Webbber lookalike, shattered! 😓
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:15 pm I did just what you are doing with Macan number two.

Five years later my choice of options work for me, see my signature for what I included.

18 way, a definite no, no, the bolsters can be intrusive and I ended up being wedged in with no squirm room on longish journeys. My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have sat in.

Heated steering wheel, best option since sliced bread.

ACC, great for the auto braking alone.

Sports Chrono, hardly ever used it.

Connect +, not used the online features much, best feature is the traffic maps.

LED lighting with PDLS, great option to include and as an old guy with cataracts, it helps a lot if I drive in the country or on the motorway at night. I disabled the auto full beam in the Menu system.

Air Suspension gives a velvet smooth ride on my 20” rims

Spare wheel plus a bought repair kit plus a torch gives options in the event of a flat at night out in the sticks or in bad mobile reception areas.

I probably would not bother with the Pano but I can see why it is a good inclusion if the car is not to be a keeper.

Surround Cam, well worth including, it is far superior to just Rev Cam.

Rear Airbag, we included it because we have our Grandkids in the back of ours.

Interior Light Pack, for the extra lighting in the cabin

Storage Pack, worth it for the rear seat storage pockets as that is where I like to keep the road atlas, yep I’m old school.

Power Assist, to help lighten the steering load when parking, back issues and a Macan with no Power Assist made parking uncomfortable for me hence I included it in my Macan

Only bling I included was the Sports Mirrors and Ally Gear Shift.
That’s a really useful review, thanks. Also validates my seat choice, which is always nice. The good thing is that a number of the items you mentioned are now standard fit in the S and above ( PDLS, Sport wing mirrors, interior light package etc). Always helpful to hear from those that have already walked the walk
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Hi,

Does anyone came across a video of comparison between Bose and the standard sound system, Or just at least the standard one

I’m coming from B&O in audi S3 and I’m lean towards going for the standard system as I can’t justify the money for the upgrade but would like to know more

Also if I don’t care about heating steering wheel, Is the GT sports wheel worth it ? , I tested the standard ones and they feel small already and it has a nice grip, Is it worth it to go for the sports option ?

Thanks
Conwy GTS

Post by Conwy GTS »

Macaning wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am Hi,

Does anyone came across a video of comparison between Bose and the standard sound system, Or just at least the standard one

I’m coming from B&O in audi S3 and I’m lean towards going for the standard system as I can’t justify the money for the upgrade but would like to know more

Also if I don’t care about heating steering wheel, Is the GT sports wheel worth it ? , I tested the standard ones and they feel small already and it has a nice grip, Is it worth it to go for the sports option ?

Thanks
I like you have just jumped from an S3 with B&O and can confirm that the BOSE system in the GTS is far superior imho. I can’t unfortunately comment on the standard system.

Regarding the steering wheel, the standard wheel is spot on and doesn’t really need to be any smaller. The GT wheel looks nice, but I believe the polished inserts are actually plastic and not metal, so a bit cheap looking again imho.

I have gone for the heated steering wheel though, as the first 10 mins of driving on a winters day can be painful.
Current :
2021 Porsche Macan GTS

Previously :
2014 Porsche Boxster S
2017 Jaguar F Type 3.0S
2016 VW Golf R
2017 Audi S4 Avant
2016 Audi S3 Sportback
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

Macaning wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:18 am Hi,

Thanks
I spent 7 years in an S4 with the B&O, the Bose in the Macan is ok but limp in comparison. My missus, who has a far better musical ear than I do also misses the B&O. I’m currently selling my Macan S as I’ve put down a deposit on a facelift GTS, I won’t be specing the Bose again and I’m not willing to stretch to the Burmister.

TBH it’s not in Porsches best interests to make the Bose a brilliant system if it was nobody would spec a burmister.

Heated GT steering - it’s brilliant.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
Papeto

Post by Papeto »

I test drove a base Macan a while ago and was impressed with the standard sound system. Its a 10 speaker system and uses the same control unit as the Bose and I wouldn’t have specced the Bose for my 2022 Macan S if it was still an option ( Its now standard on Australian Macan S ).
2022 Macan S ordered PNEGHKV4