My Last Macan

All your ordering information here!
MCKD

Post by MCKD »

Re. Bose I would say you should definitely try before settling on the standard. I read lots of people saying the standard is fine, and if you only listen to the radio it is but if you stream any music via bluetooth the difference is huge - much more bass, and for whatever reason the volume equalises with the other audio sources much better. On the normal system I had to turn the volume way up for any streaming and that was after trying every menu option so when you stopped streaming the radio deafened you which while seeming minor would really annoy me. To get fun (yes loud) levels on the standard I had to have the volume uncomfortably near max. Plus the audio quality on the Bose was much better - allegedly it has a dac or aptx or whatever specifically for bluetooth sources and you could hear it was much higher quality.

Im coming from B&O on Audi previously and HK on BMW now and its at least as good as these - if that's what you're coming from I wouldn't settle for the standard system TBH.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MCKD wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:56 pm Re. Bose I would say you should definitely try before settling on the standard. I read lots of people saying the standard is fine, and if you only listen to the radio it is but if you stream any music via bluetooth the difference is huge - much more bass, and for whatever reason the volume equalises with the other audio sources much better. On the normal system I had to turn the volume way up for any streaming and that was after trying every menu option so when you stopped streaming the radio deafened you which while seeming minor would really annoy me. To get fun (yes loud) levels on the standard I had to have the volume uncomfortably near max. Plus the audio quality on the Bose was much better - allegedly it has a dac or aptx or whatever specifically for bluetooth sources and you could hear it was much higher quality.

Im coming from B&O on Audi previously and HK on BMW now and its at least as good as these - if that's what you're coming from I wouldn't settle for the standard system TBH.
my current car (a mini) has the HK system (presumably the same as other BMW's) with loads of extra speakers etc. My previous car (Aston Martin Vantage) had the upgraded stereo too. The Aston has WAY better sound quality but extremely antiquated technology. I seldom turn the volume past about 30-40% on the mini, mainly because my choice of music is as eclectic as my choice of cars and this occasions much embarrassment from any family members in the car, especially if the windows are down. When I'm driving long distances I tend to listen to audio books (mainly Hitch Hikers Guide or Cabin Pressure OVER and OVER again). When I'm driving Mrs Omni to work it tends to be whatever radio station annoys me the least, so a very small selection. When I'm waiting to pick Mrs Omni up from work I tend to watch video's. I always thought a beefed-up sound system was important to me, but it turns out that when I really think about it, it really isn't. Maybe its an age thing, maybe I'm just odd, but for me I am sure the standard radio will be fine. I can always turn it down, open the windows and sunroof and listen the purr of the V6 or the abuse from all the Tree Huggers for driving a 4x4.
andywebber

Post by andywebber »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:17 pm my current car (a mini) has the HK system (presumably the same as other BMW's) with loads of extra speakers etc. My previous car (Aston Martin Vantage) had the upgraded stereo too. The Aston has WAY better sound quality but extremely antiquated technology. I seldom turn the volume past about 30-40% on the mini, mainly because my choice of music is as eclectic as my choice of cars and this occasions much embarrassment from any family members in the car, especially if the windows are down. When I'm driving long distances I tend to listen to audio books (mainly Hitch Hikers Guide or Cabin Pressure OVER and OVER again). When I'm driving Mrs Omni to work it tends to be whatever radio station annoys me the least, so a very small selection. When I'm waiting to pick Mrs Omni up from work I tend to watch video's. I always thought a beefed-up sound system was important to me, but it turns out that when I really think about it, it really isn't. Maybe its an age thing, maybe I'm just odd, but for me I am sure the standard radio will be fine. I can always turn it down, open the windows and sunroof and listen the purr of the V6 or the abuse from all the Tree Huggers for driving a 4x4.
Hehe another cabin pressure fan here - absolutely excellent radio series.

I keep changing my mind about specifying Bose in my Macan S build - I do not really spend much time in the car nowadays and Bose very much has a Marmite reputation I think?

I love my QC35 II headphones but people criticize them for never publishing spec's for any of their equipment (not sure if Bose still do it) and I have a few true audiophile friends who absolutely loathe them!

For £800 I could have about 2-3 other bits but them I keep saying I need Bose Audio lol

I need to go and listen in a gen3 when I can - I have decided to wait until next year now anyway.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Well my first and probably my last ICE Macan anyway.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEYS5S7

Afte all the dithering finally settled on 18w as my f*t *rse actually fits fine.

Settled for Papaya but Crayon is still calling me!!!

Tested the Bose next to the standard and whilst there was a difference I may bin it when I'm given the exact build slot.

So build slot!!!!! OPC said to my face today that they simply don't know. Originally I was given October delivery, this slipped to November last week and now as I insist on air/pasm it may not be until next year. He said that no one would be getting pasm or air until the factory has been sorted out.

It would be interesting if others have been told different things???

I'm certainly not getting a GTD with steel and no pasm.

Hope I get some sleep tonight now!!!
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:02 pm Well my first and probably my last ICE Macan anyway.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNEYS5S7

Afte all the dithering finally settled on 18w as my f*t *rse actually fits fine.

Settled for Papaya but Crayon is still calling me!!!

Tested the Bose next to the standard and whilst there was a difference I may bin it when I'm given the exact build slot.

So build slot!!!!! OPC said to my face today that they simply don't know. Originally I was given October delivery, this slipped to November last week and now as I insist on air/pasm it may not be until next year. He said that no one would be getting pasm or air until the factory has been sorted out.

I'm certainly not getting a GTD with steel and no pasm.

Hope I get some sleep tonight now!!!
Who’s your OPC? Still had no news from mine ( Mid Sussex ) other than my original build date of October. Doesn’t mean it hasn’t or won’t change but they’ve said nowt so far.

Interesting that they would even suggest getting it without PASM when this is a standard fitment on all but the base car. If it pushes delivery more than a month or 2 Porsche are either lending me a car or giving my deposit back.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm ^^^^ interested in PDLS vs PDLS+. From what I can see the only difference is PDLS+ Turns the fogs on when you are turning, other than that it’s exactly the same.
You won’t have fog lights….

I notice ours a lot. Not as good as the matrix on the 911 but does throw the light out wide as you slow down for junctions etc.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

For those interested, this is the factory affected by the flooding in Germany that manufacture suspension components for Porsche:

https://autobala.com/germanys-zf-shock- ... hs/114892/
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Mine is Reading so right next door to Porsche GB HQ.

Having read all the different posts and info being given out by differing OPCs tbh I'm not convinced either way as I am sure the Germans, in their ever efficient way, will be moving heaven and earth to get things fixed and I wouldn't be surprised if a phone call announces an earlier slot.

ps I was looking at PDSL+ but thought against it. I could end up ordering everything so had to stop somewhere!!!!
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:46 pm
ps I was looking at PDSL+ but thought against it. I could end up ordering everything so had to stop somewhere!!!!
Completely with you there.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:02 pm

That's pretty much what I've heard from the OPC I deal with and through sales manager at another.
Nothing built before October and any air and PASM likely to be end of year or 2022

Regards Bose-had it in my 2 Caymans previously and would say the Harman Kardon on my wife's BMW sounds better.
The no cost stereo on my GTS sounds better than the BOSE I had on the Cayman.
It's rumoured that the base system is actually BOSE anyway.
Everyone's opinion differs but I like my hifi and was impressed by the base system on the Macan.