My Last Macan

All your ordering information here!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Jonnyw wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:55 pm Bose in present car, have a 1000 tracks on it and i had standard system before. Bose is worth it if you listen to Who , Hendrix, Clapton etc
Bose it is a then!! 🎶 🎸
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

hood69

Post by hood69 »

The standard stereo on the Macan is very good.
I've had Bose on 2 Caymans before my last macan and the base stereo on the Macan is at least as good as they were.
They were 2015 cars so not ancient technology.
My new Macan won't have Bose and I like music(Decent Naim system in the house)
If money is no object then sure the BOSE name on the speaker looks nice.
On the other hand I had a lease Audi for 2 years with the base stereo and it was horrific.
New User

Post by New User »

hood69 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 am My new Macan won't have Bose and I like music(Decent Naim system in the house)
Very helpful reference hood69. I have an NDX/SN/HiCapDR at home and I have now decided to untick the Bose option as well (in favour of Thermal/Acoustic Glass, which may be a bit of a left field choice round here). Having looked at the Bose Automotive website they are mainly focussing on their DSP algorithms which I usually find to be a short term novelty. My OPC Demo cars all had Bose so no opportunity to hear a standard Macan system yet.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

New User wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm
hood69 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 am My new Macan won't have Bose and I like music(Decent Naim system in the house)
Very helpful reference hood69. I have an NDX/SN/HiCapDR at home and I have now decided to untick the Bose option as well (in favour of Thermal/Acoustic Glass, which may be a bit of a left field choice round here). Having looked at the Bose Automotive website they are mainly focussing on their DSP algorithms which I usually find to be a short term novelty. My OPC Demo cars all had Bose so no opportunity to hear a standard Macan system yet.
My understanding is that the base head unit in the Macan is Bose anyway. The Bose stereo option gives you 4 extra speakers and a sub woofer under your shopping in the trunk, and some Bose stickers on the speakers. To me that’s not worth over £800
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 pm My understanding is that the base head unit in the Macan is Bose anyway. The Bose stereo option gives you 4 extra speakers and a sub woofer under your shopping in the trunk, and some Bose stickers on the speakers. To me that’s not worth over £800
I’ve seen this mentioned before about the Macan base head unit being a Bose product, but I can’t find anything official from Porsche confirming this? Do you have any links?
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4436

AllanG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 pm My understanding is that the base head unit in the Macan is Bose anyway. The Bose stereo option gives you 4 extra speakers and a sub woofer under your shopping in the trunk, and some Bose stickers on the speakers. To me that’s not worth over £800
I’ve seen this mentioned before about the Macan base head unit being a Bose product, but I can’t find anything official from Porsche confirming this? Do you have any links?
To be totally honest, no. I’ve seen it in several places. I’ll do some rummaging and get back to you. Otherwise consider it internet chatter and unreliable.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

^^^ cheers 👍👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:08 pm
AllanG wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:51 pm
To be totally honest, no. I’ve seen it in several places. I’ll do some rummaging and get back to you. Otherwise consider it internet chatter and unreliable.
I was told by the SE that the head unit is the same. It is the additional power (quite a significant increase), the extra speakers and the subwoofer, oh and the little badges that distinguish it. Whether to the tune (get it??) of £834 is another matter?

I've specced it as I did notice the difference, I appreciate some people don't or aren't bothered.

Now back to my wheel choice?????????????

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deleted User 4436

Bit of a google suggests Porsche Stereo’s are made by a company called Becker, and the Bose/Burminster bit is the pre-amp and speakers so the base unit is the same in all. That said I would have thought pre-amp and speakers were probably the bit that made the biggest difference. I’ll also say I have no idea if this info is legit either.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Many thanks, Omni 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon