My Last Macan

All your ordering information here!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:21 pm
New User wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:30 pm
hood69 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:22 am My new Macan won't have Bose and I like music(Decent Naim system in the house)
Very helpful reference hood69. I have an NDX/SN/HiCapDR at home and I have now decided to untick the Bose option as well (in favour of Thermal/Acoustic Glass, which may be a bit of a left field choice round here). Having looked at the Bose Automotive website they are mainly focussing on their DSP algorithms which I usually find to be a short term novelty. My OPC Demo cars all had Bose so no opportunity to hear a standard Macan system yet.
My understanding is that the base head unit in the Macan is Bose anyway. The Bose stereo option gives you 4 extra speakers and a sub woofer under your shopping in the trunk, and some Bose stickers on the speakers. To me that’s not worth over £800
It’s a con imo
I’ve done this experiment across porsches before. The latest one was I sat my neighbours macan next to my wife’s old macan about a year back - his had Bose and ours did not.

Neither of us could tell or feel the difference at all.

He felt stupid.

Burmester is the one to get but it’s so over priced. The base speakers are fine.

Deleted User 611

Post by Deleted User 611 »

Col Lamb wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:15 pm I did just what you are doing with Macan number two.

Five years later my choice of options work for me, see my signature for what I included.

18 way, a definite no, no, the bolsters can be intrusive and I ended up being wedged in with no squirm room on longish journeys. My 14 way are the most comfortable seats I have sat in.

Heated steering wheel, best option since sliced bread.

ACC, great for the auto braking alone.

Sports Chrono, hardly ever used it.

Connect +, not used the online features much, best feature is the traffic maps.

LED lighting with PDLS, great option to include and as an old guy with cataracts, it helps a lot if I drive in the country or on the motorway at night. I disabled the auto full beam in the Menu system.

Air Suspension gives a velvet smooth ride on my 20” rims

Spare wheel plus a bought repair kit plus a torch gives options in the event of a flat at night out in the sticks or in bad mobile reception areas.

I probably would not bother with the Pano but I can see why it is a good inclusion if the car is not to be a keeper.

Surround Cam, well worth including, it is far superior to just Rev Cam.

Rear Airbag, we included it because we have our Grandkids in the back of ours.

Interior Light Pack, for the extra lighting in the cabin

Storage Pack, worth it for the rear seat storage pockets as that is where I like to keep the road atlas, yep I’m old school.

Power Assist, to help lighten the steering load when parking, back issues and a Macan with no Power Assist made parking uncomfortable for me hence I included it in my Macan

Only bling I included was the Sports Mirrors and Ally Gear Shift.
Thanks Col this was very helpful.
Having now had the chance to drive my S,(see config in signature) thought it was worth saying that many of your suggestions either confirmed my original ideas or were items i had not seriously considered and then added Heated GT steering wheel is one.
I would have liked the air suspension but my wife suffers from motion sickness and i could not risk it

A list like this would be a great help to any new member .

Macan 3.jpeg

Maca  3.jpeg

shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Hi all been following this thread with some interest seeing as I've just recently set my order in stone and having specified the Bose interested to hear different opinions. Also other threads with time lines on also very interesting I was shown on screen the date the back wheels should exit the production line as being the 29th May but what with the Ukrainian factory issue highly likely to be pushed out a couple of months if not more.

Anyway back to the In Car Entertainment...... Im a bit of an Audiophile not an out and out expert but I do like a good sound and a nice place to sit while I'm sat in traffic jams.
My current vehicle is a Jaguar F Pace with the top of the line Meridian sound system in it. I do have to say initially I was disappointed with the overall sound, it wasn't bad just not what I expected.

After chatting with a HIFI buff I Know he said that all good quality HIFI Speakers including car speakers need a period of time bedding in or loosening up to reach optimum performance ideally playing various music types to help stretch out and make the Annulus, the flexible edge to the cone to give it optimum movement. This can take so I'm told anywhere from 20 - 50 hours, so that's some driving time.

So your brand new sound system wont sound as good as its going to sound compared to your neighbor's for some weeks maybe months

As to the Burmeister system, my wife has one in her Merc I find the base way too boomy for my ears no matter how you fiddle with the various settings and like others way too expensive.

The other thing in my opinion is everyone likes a different sound and different cars have different acoustic characteristics that affect how good or bad a particular sound system sounds
I dont think you can compare a gen 1 to a gen 3 car as the build will not be the same.
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's