Gen 3 S or Gen 3 GTS

All your ordering information here!
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Hi everyone

As the gen 3 configurator isn’t up yet where I live, I still have the joy/pain of changing the specs like hundred times a day of my intended Gen 3 macan

Started looking at base and then when I loaded it with the specs I want I decided to go for S

Now it was all going well until I decided I want 21’ wheels on the S ( Really liking the new spyder design ) , I want also front,rear and sport design sideskirt painted which is standard in GTS, I’m also going extended red leather which is little cheaper under GTS config, Also considered AS but was afraid that it will delay my order

On the other hand I know I might not even notice the extra performance difference, And my main concern ( other than the extra grands ) is the maintenance costs on the longer run

For example I read that PSCB is like 9 times more expensive to change than the standard brakes, Is there a way to go back and decide to change it to standard once it’s due for a change ?

Same thing with AS, It might be just me but I feel it will be a hussle if there’s an issue with it, So does it have like an average “age”, 4 or 5 years maybe or certain milage ? , Can you go back to steel if you want ? , Will be great to hear opinions from people using AS for 4+ years

Any other feedback or comments is much appreciated , anyone else with the same dilemma maybe

P.S. The warranty will be for 4 years and I know I can renew that, But maybe there’s other things to consider other than AS and PSCB running costs

pmg

Post by pmg »

Air suspension is now standard on GTS in most markets but extra on S. With your other requirements you appear to be one for whom the new GTS spec suits more than some, your main disadvantage to the GTS as you state being replacement brake costs.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Don’t forget the new S has more BHP, Torque and better 0-60 than the outgoing GTS. The new GTS has a similar story but in relation to the outgoing Turbo. Personally I’m not sold on air suspension but I’ve never had it so it nay be fantastic. For me, personally, I think the S is quick enough and i can add lots of extras before it gets to base GTS pricing.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

GTS every day.

It will always be a much more desirable model than a well optioned S, purely from the point of depreciation and perceived vfm.

Air is very subjective, I love my Turbo with its air suspension, I first drove one around the country lanes at the PEC, then did the same route in my non air Macan, chalk and cheese, air is so good for my old back.

Surround Cam, ACC and upgrade the seats and that is just about it with a GTS.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Macaning wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:01 pm Hi everyone

As the gen 3 configurator isn’t up yet where I live, I still have the joy/pain of changing the specs like hundred times a day of my intended Gen 3 macan

Started looking at base and then when I loaded it with the specs I want I decided to go for S

Now it was all going well until I decided I want 21’ wheels on the S ( Really liking the new spyder design ) , I want also front,rear and sport design sideskirt painted which is standard in GTS, I’m also going extended red leather which is little cheaper under GTS config, Also considered AS but was afraid that it will delay my order

On the other hand I know I might not even notice the extra performance difference, And my main concern ( other than the extra grands ) is the maintenance costs on the longer run

For example I read that PSCB is like 9 times more expensive to change than the standard brakes, Is there a way to go back and decide to change it to standard once it’s due for a change ?

Same thing with AS, It might be just me but I feel it will be a hussle if there’s an issue with it, So does it have like an average “age”, 4 or 5 years maybe or certain milage ? , Can you go back to steel if you want ? , Will be great to hear opinions from people using AS for 4+ years

Any other feedback or comments is much appreciated , anyone else with the same dilemma maybe

P.S. The warranty will be for 4 years and I know I can renew that, But maybe there’s other things to consider other than AS and PSCB running costs
How much will the extra year Warranty cost?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:09 pm
Macaning wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:01 pm Hi everyone

How much will the extra year Warranty cost?
Between 1.5-2K £ / year after the 4 years , I think if you commit for longer you get more discount or something like that

Edit: Just to be more accurate as I think you’re asking about the 4th year, So in middle east the standard is 2 years and you pay 2.5K£ extra for another 2 years