I think this is it now! :-)

All your ordering information here!
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Here's my spec:

PNNQN1M2

Its an "S" in Volcano Grey.
I'm not keen on the black tailgate spoiler or the "textured" sideblades - so am looking at the exterior pack for £1.5k which paints various bits and pieces.
Laminated glass - rather than privacy glass.
75 litre tank
Power steering plus
Pebble grey extended leather and belts
18 way seats
Pano roof
Surround view
Fancy filler cap

... sort of thing :-)

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

I “thought this was it” approximately 1,372 times. I think i have it buttoned-down now too……..probably
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

A decent spec, you could consider adding auto dimming mirrors and heated steering wheel (GT Sport version) very nice 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Heated steering wheel and spare wheel…
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

The laminated glass is good at lowering the amount of road noise heard inside the car. I assume you're aware that, as specced by you, it's clear.
Given the all Grey colour scheme, I assume you're happy with the "black & white" wheel centres.
You haven't ordered the compressor and "gunge" kit. These can be ordered on Amazon cheaper than from Porsche.
I agree with the suggestion to add auto dimming mirrors but wouldn't bother with the heated steering wheel (GT or otherwise).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Not sure why you'd need laminated glass, the Macan is pretty bloody quiet as it is imo, even on 21s.
I'd ditch the power steering plus, the steering isn't heavy anyway.
The petrol cap, it's a petrol cap, save your money. Again, all my opinion.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

Thanks for the replies and suggestions :-)
My feelings at the moment are that I don't need the dimming mirrors or heating steering wheel.
The laminated glass I added - because I believe it is slightly darker than standard?
With standard privacy glass, my 5 year old grandson is forever demanding that we put the window down so he can see out - and then back up because of the wind and noise :-)
I'll have to see it "in the flesh" on a demonstrator before I decide finally.
When my grandson isn't on board, I tend to drive with the window down anyway - so the noise reduction doesn't really help me. :-)

On the power steering plus, I agree that the Macan is pretty light steering as standard - but my arthritis makes me think that it may help me with manoeuvering on my "bad days":-)

The petrol cap at £93 is insane I know :-). I just thought it would balance the pain/cost of filling up the tank with a touch of indulgence - it'll probably go when my wife realises the extra cost! :-)

The special paint pack is largely because I am not a fan of too much black gloss plastic and I prefer the tailgate spoiler to be in body colour. Similarly, I don't like the look of the new "textured sideblades" - and this pack addresses those foibles - whilst giving a little more besides.
It does mean though that I can't have the running boards - which is a shame because they would help my 92 year old mother in law get in and out!

This car has to meet the needs of a range of needs - 5 to 92 years old - and a driver with dodgy hands! :-)
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

In my honest opinion the petrol cap is an absolute must, let me explain, my Macan S was a pre loved car that i bought with a terrific spec including the £93 petrol cap, now this always makes me smile when i put about £75 + and rising worth of petrol in it, I always think nearly as much as this very sexy looking PLASTIC cap that is now resting on the filler flap! I Always smile it never fails. Seems to ease the pain of cost of the fill up!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

YOLO as the youth say!

Heres a picture of mine - I think the design has changed since I got it.

It is very expensive but I cushioned the blow by buying via eBay (they kindly sent a voucher which made the man-maths land on the 'reasonable purchase' side or the argument :D

Would agree that it does put a (tiny) smile on your face when you go to fill up.

Before

20180106_104426.jpg

After

20180106_104700.jpg

2017MY GTS - Gone
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm Thanks for the replies and suggestions :-)
My feelings at the moment are that I don't need the dimming mirrors or heating steering wheel.
The laminated glass I added - because I believe it is slightly darker than standard?
With standard privacy glass, my 5 year old grandson is forever demanding that we put the window down so he can see out - and then back up because of the wind and noise :-)
I'll have to see it "in the flesh" on a demonstrator before I decide finally.
When my grandson isn't on board, I tend to drive with the window down anyway - so the noise reduction doesn't really help me. :-)

On the power steering plus, I agree that the Macan is pretty light steering as standard - but my arthritis makes me think that it may help me with manoeuvering on my "bad days":-)

The petrol cap at £93 is insane I know :-). I just thought it would balance the pain/cost of filling up the tank with a touch of indulgence - it'll probably go when my wife realises the extra cost! :-)

The special paint pack is largely because I am not a fan of too much black gloss plastic and I prefer the tailgate spoiler to be in body colour. Similarly, I don't like the look of the new "textured sideblades" - and this pack addresses those foibles - whilst giving a little more besides.
It does mean though that I can't have the running boards - which is a shame because they would help my 92 year old mother in law get in and out!

This car has to meet the needs of a range of needs - 5 to 92 years old - and a driver with dodgy hands! :-)
Should probably avoid the 18 way sport seats then. That or get some kind of hoist in place.

I’ve been through so many different iterations of build and different thought processes on what I should and shouldn’t add. I think many of us here will know exactly what you are going through trying to get this right. Ultimately try to remember this is actually the fun bit.

I would always go for privacy glass, mainly because I think it makes the car look better, but if you have youngsters in the back, especially if they are prone to motion sickness, it may not be a good idea. This is, however, a perfect example of where one person’s requirements are completely valid and yet still completely different to everyone else’s ( except for the filler cap thing. Clearly that’s just bonkers 😊 )