I think this is it now! :-)

All your ordering information here!
Rarecolour

Post by Rarecolour »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm Thanks for the replies and suggestions :-)
My feelings at the moment are that I don't need the dimming mirrors or heating steering wheel.
The laminated glass I added - because I believe it is slightly darker than standard?
With standard privacy glass, my 5 year old grandson is forever demanding that we put the window down so he can see out - and then back up because of the wind and noise :-)
I'll have to see it "in the flesh" on a demonstrator before I decide finally.
When my grandson isn't on board, I tend to drive with the window down anyway - so the noise reduction doesn't really help me. :-)

On the power steering plus, I agree that the Macan is pretty light steering as standard - but my arthritis makes me think that it may help me with manoeuvering on my "bad days":-)

The petrol cap at £93 is insane I know :-). I just thought it would balance the pain/cost of filling up the tank with a touch of indulgence - it'll probably go when my wife realises the extra cost! :-)

The special paint pack is largely because I am not a fan of too much black gloss plastic and I prefer the tailgate spoiler to be in body colour. Similarly, I don't like the look of the new "textured sideblades" - and this pack addresses those foibles - whilst giving a little more besides.
It does mean though that I can't have the running boards - which is a shame because they would help my 92 year old mother in law get in and out!

This car has to meet the needs of a range of needs - 5 to 92 years old - and a driver with dodgy hands! :-)
Ah, if you struggle with arthritis then fair enough, I could see it would help there.
Ex -
Macan Turbo (Mamba Green)
Audi RS6 (Misano Red)
Audi S4 (Silver)
Audi S3 (Imola Yellow)
Peugeot 309 goodwood (Green)
Peugeot 306 gti-6 (Silver)
Peugeot 205 gti (Ltd edition Sorento Green)

PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

"This car has to meet the needs of a range of needs - 5 to 92 years old - and a driver with dodgy hands!"
May I suggest a mobility bus instead of an SUV 😉 I think you can get the sb's in body colour which will save you a bit of dosh 👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:31 pm Thanks for the replies and suggestions :-)
My feelings at the moment are that I don't need the dimming mirrors or heating steering wheel.
The laminated glass I added - because I believe it is slightly darker than standard?
With standard privacy glass, my 5 year old grandson is forever demanding that we put the window down so he can see out - and then back up because of the wind and noise :-)
When my grandson isn't on board, I tend to drive with the window down anyway - so the noise reduction doesn't really help me. :-)

On the power steering plus, I agree that the Macan is pretty light steering as standard - but my arthritis makes me think that it may help me with manoeuvering on my "bad days":-)

The petrol cap at £93 is insane I know :-). I just thought it would balance the pain/cost of filling up the tank with a touch of indulgence - it'll probably go when my wife realises the extra cost! :-)

The special paint pack is largely because I am not a fan of too much black gloss plastic and I prefer the tailgate spoiler to be in body colour. Similarly, I don't like the look of the new "textured sideblades" - and this pack addresses those foibles - whilst giving a little more besides.
It does mean though that I can't have the running boards - which is a shame because they would help my 92 year old mother in law get in and out!

This car has to meet the needs of a range of needs - 5 to 92 years old - and a driver with dodgy hands! :-)
Originally had running boards on my spec ... as I thought they looked quite nice. Anyway had a demo with one that had them and I kept hitting back of my legs on them - I could see trousers getting very dirty on rainy days. I don't have long legs so maybe that was the problem. Took them off the spec straight away.
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Originally had running boards on my spec ... as I thought they looked quite nice. Anyway had a demo with one that had them and I kept hitting back of my legs on them - I could see trousers getting very dirty on rainy days. I don't have long legs so maybe that was the problem. Took them off the spec straight away.
I had them on my Landy and you do tend to get soggy trousers every now and then. That said I thought they looked great and were extremely handy when you needed to clean the roof, or try to stop the sunroof leaking.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

"I had them on my Landy and you do tend to get soggy trousers every now and then. That said I thought they looked great and were extremely handy when you needed to clean the roof, or try to stop the sunroof leaking"
Didn't your Warranty help solve the leaky sunroof?
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:08 pm "I had them on my Landy and you do tend to get soggy trousers every now and then. That said I thought they looked great and were extremely handy when you needed to clean the roof, or try to stop the sunroof leaking"
Didn't your Warranty help solve the leaky sunroof?
Nah, it was wayyyy to old. It was a second hand freelander. They’re pretty well know for being leaky. I will say though, it was genuinely one of the best cars I’ve owned. Sold it with 160000 miles on the clock and most of the problems i had with it were just the things you’d expect to have to do at that kind of mileage.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Hopefully your S will not suffer from similar problems. As for Running Boards on a Porsche.. Noooooo!! 😂