OK so I have given up a kidney and joined the queue for a Macan GTS

All your ordering information here!
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

Finally stopped procrastinating and left a deposit with OPC Silverstone. Spec has not changed much at all from what I had run through with OPC 2 weeks ago

PNKFIQY3

Not sure if I need to change anything but only thing I am considering is adding the storage pack but not sure if it is worth £185

Second thing is OPC offered me Gtechniq Ceramic Coating package for £660. Historically I am not a fan of any dealership doing any kind of vehicle prep so would I be better off getting this done elsewhere with a detailer?
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've no experience but have read enough on here to know the consensus of answers will be resounding YES!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
hood69

Post by hood69 »

martinto8 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:07 pm Finally stopped procrastinating and left a deposit with OPC Silverstone. Spec has not changed much at all from what I had run through with OPC 2 weeks ago

PNKFIQY3

Not sure if I need to change anything but only thing I am considering is adding the storage pack but not sure if it is worth £185

Second thing is OPC offered me Gtechniq Ceramic Coating package for £660. Historically I am not a fan of any dealership doing any kind of vehicle prep so would I be better off getting this done elsewhere with a detailer?
Good man
That seems like a good price for the coating.
Dick Lovett dealerships are £999 for the platinum Gtech service.
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

martinto8 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:07 pm
No axe to grind here but three years ago my wife's Tiguan came with a dealership applied Gtechnic coating. It's still looking just as good as on day one (apart from a small area where Chips Away had to remove the efforts of an expletive deleted careless parker).

Nobody who has had their Macan professionally detailed is going to tell you to go for the cheaper option.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum and enjoy your Macan when it arrives.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
keelolo

Post by keelolo »

We have the storage pack:
We rarely have back seat passengers so rear seat pockets have never had anything stuck inside them
The cubby in the drivers seat is too small and a faff to reach whilst sat
We don't have a dog so Cabin Divider has never been used
The rear boot divider and extra carpet are useful but sadly incompatible with a load liner

All in all for our use case we probably wouldn't spec again - got a bit carried away with the options ticking
2017MY GTS - Gone
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

keelolo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:14 pm We have the storage pack:
We rarely have back seat passengers so rear seat pockets have never had anything stuck inside them
The cubby in the drivers seat is too small and a faff to reach whilst sat
We don't have a dog so Cabin Divider has never been used
The rear boot divider and extra carpet are useful but sadly incompatible with a load liner

All in all for our use case we probably wouldn't spec again - got a bit carried away with the options ticking
Very easy to do. Do I really need a heated windscreen and heated steering wheel? Probably not, but….
martinto8

Post by martinto8 »

I had a look at the under seat storage cubby and looks like a complete waste of money! I couldn’t even hide a 4 pack of greggs sausage rolls from the wife! 😂
Macan GTS on order: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPDF6163
Ordered 25th Aug 2021 - Build slot August 2022, Landed in OPC - 29th September 2022 - Collected 29th November 459 days since ordering!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Another gem for the next order (if a reliable supply is ever re-established) I would have made that mistake I think. Thanks.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

I still have a hard-back map book (for when the sat nav / traffic alerts pop-up) and don't like it sliding around on the back seat, so the storage nets on the seat back are an essential for me, £160 is a bit OTT for what it is, but it is Porsche after all!!
pmg

Post by pmg »

DiverNick wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 am I still have a hard-back map book (for when the sat nav / traffic alerts pop-up) and don't like it sliding around on the back seat, so the storage nets on the seat back are an essential for me, £160 is a bit OTT for what it is, but it is Porsche after all!!
Same for me and I use the driver under-seat storage for a pair of leather driving gloves, combined cost of storage and gloves is cheaper than a heated steering wheel!! :D :D :D
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8