Really struggling with spec

All your ordering information here!
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I've trawled the forum but I'm really struggling to nail down my final spec on my gen 3 S and wondered if anyone could offer advice to steer me towards a final decision.

I have a November build but the dealer is very keen my spec must be finalised in the next 2 weeks. Is it likely to lock that quickly?

My current code is PNKVB8M9

I'm trying to keep the on the road price around £60500. If it gets any closer to the GTS then I'm pretty certain I'd be better off ordering a GTS which I only need £1600 of options to make me happy.

Where I'm struggling is around colour coding it or not. I like black paint, but part of the reason for going that way is to try and make the black plastic a little more subtle without spending £1600 to have the bits painted. I can't help but think unpainted bits is a bit like bottom of the range punto black bumpers from when I was learning to drive and maybe they don't have a place on a Porsche.

Wheels I quite like but the dealer is offering to paint them satin black when it arrives . (they have a cayenne in the showroom and they've painted the silver spyders satin black and they look stunning and look factory finish). Although if no budget I'd stick the 21" spyders on and have them painted the same as the GTS.

The real stumbling block for me is full black sports exhaust or Pan roof. I test drove a GTS and I felt it sounded quite similar with the flap open vs closed. It did have some pops and bangs when easing off the accelarator which weren't there when the flap was closed. Dealer said its the most important option. I want it to sound great but if its very marginal gains in the sound department I'd stick to black tips and pan roof. It's difficult to get an answer as no one has driven a gts without the sports exhaust so far. What does it actually offer? Just some flaps? I notice the standard exhaust also has flaps, when do they open on the gen 3 s ? I assume when they open its equally as loud as the sports exhaust ? On Audis I know the flaps open at full throttle in dynamic and Above 3500rpm. Does anyone know if the gen 3 s with sports exhaust sounds the same as an s without sports exhaust until the button is pressed?

Really appreciate any feedback!

Cheers,

Ryan

Macaning

Post by Macaning »

I think any dark color would help cover the plastic bits, Volcano or midnight blue might work, Totally agree though as one of the first options I ticked with my planned S is the SD skirt with front and rear painted - Gentian blue color

I test drove Gen 2 S with sport exhaust and it’s ok, Not sold on it to be honest

With 21’ wheels comes the suggestion for air suspension, Adding to that your consideration for exchuast system, Seems reasonable to think about GTS
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

+1 for Volcano or Gentian. There are videos on this site and YouTube showing the new Macan in Gentian Blue.

This is my spec for an Oct build, which is around your budget:

PN88X594
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN88X594

Definitely get the Pan Roof. Improves the driving experience much more than a slightly louder exhaust that is a bigger benefit to people outside the car.

You are now likely to get very many people telling you to buy a GTS.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Macaning wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:57 pm I think any dark color would help cover the plastic bits, Volcano or midnight blue might work, Totally agree though as one of the first options I ticked with my planned S is the SD skirt with front and rear painted - Gentian blue color

I test drove Gen 2 S with sport exhaust and it’s ok, Not sold on it to be honest

With 21’ wheels comes the suggestion for air suspension, Adding to that your consideration for exchuast system, Seems reasonable to think about GTS
I think if I could get a November gts build then I’d probably just stump up the extra cash but may/June is the best I can find at the moment. Air suspension I’m not too bothered about, I like the car to feel quite firm so sure springs with pasm will be fine
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:23 pm +1 for Volcano or Gentian. There are videos on this site and YouTube showing the new Macan in Gentian Blue.

PN88X594

Definitely get the Pan Roof. Improves the driving experience much more than a slightly louder exhaust that is a bigger benefit to people outside the car.

I like both colours. But my van is the same grey, and my current s3 is like a metallic nardo grey which is my preference for grey cars. The blue is lovely but my wife (who will share the car) only likes white, jet black and crayon
Deleted User 4436

BTW, don’t forget the configurator price is not the OTR price. Porsche conveniently forget to mention tax etc. So the OTR price is approx £2K more than the price in the configurator.
Deleted User 4436

Winryn wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:36 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:23 pm +1 for Volcano or Gentian. There are videos on this site and YouTube showing the new Macan in Gentian Blue.

PN88X594

I like both colours. But my van is the same grey, and my current s3 is like a metallic nardo grey which is my preference for grey cars. The blue is lovely but my wife (who will share the car) only likes white, jet black and crayon
I actually like the white, but obviously you’ll have the same issue with black plastic bits.

Volcano is quite dark in person.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

The blue is lovely but my wife (who will share the car) only likes white, jet black and crayon
Does that apply to her wardrobe too? She must be ready in half the time that mine takes :lol:

Forget the sports exhaust, too reminiscent of a Corsa and back to front baseball cap. If you were that much of a boy racer it would already be a GTS order. That said, I do occasionally wish I had one (GTS and/or PSE) but realise that with the exception a few small boys the noise just makes people think "what a k**b". Leave it for the track.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 am
The blue is lovely but my wife (who will share the car) only likes white, jet black and crayon
but realise that with the exception a few small boys the noise just makes people think "what a k**b"….
The badge on the bonnet often has the same affect. 😊 Then I get out of it and remove all doubt.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

It's George Clooney incognito I'm chatting with!!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP