Really struggling with spec

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:49 am It's George Clooney incognito I'm chatting with!!
I have the looks, just not the bank balance. Oh no, wait, what I meant to say is I have neither of those things 🥺

Deleted User 4436

I think this is where Neil was going with people that have sports exhausts ( btw, I have one on my current car )

https://youtube.com/shorts/tLc4lqn3O5Q?feature=share
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Haha cheers guys. You might be right about the exhaust. I was very close to getting on the waiting list for the new RS3 but I’m having to accept that in my last year of my thirties that maybe it’s the wrong image now I’m not as young as I feel inside. Also feels like I’m getting a lot more for the same money in the macan.

I think I’ll add the pan roof on and leave the exhaust on for now. At least if it locks then I won’t regret leaving it off. I’m hoping reviews with different colours, wheels etc start popping up this week. I think once i can see a similar vehicle it will set my mind at ease
Deleted User 4436

Winryn wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:21 am Haha cheers guys. You might be right about the exhaust. I was very close to getting on the waiting list for the new RS3 but I’m having to accept that in my last year of my thirties that maybe it’s the wrong image now I’m not as young as I feel inside. Also feels like I’m getting a lot more for the same money in the macan.

I think I’ll add the pan roof on and leave the exhaust on for now. At least if it locks then I won’t regret leaving it off. I’m hoping reviews with different colours, wheels etc start popping up this week. I think once i can see a similar vehicle it will set my mind at ease
This is a video of the sports exhaust on my current car ( although this isn’t my actual car ). At nearly 55 years old I think you can see I left it a little later than you to grow up but feel some level of dignity is now needed in my life:

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Gee whizz, I'd be scared that bits of metal might come flying out of that tailpipe! As for dignity, in 20 and 10 years respectively, you'll probably say "boll**ks to that!" 😁
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Holy Moly,
this is probably the last time we will get pops and bangs so pops and bangs we will be having!!!!
Signed Me
aged 10 1/2
Deleted User 4436

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:19 pm Holy Moly,
this is probably the last time we will get pops and bangs so pops and bangs we will be having!!!!
Signed Me
aged 10 1/2
It does actually say on the bluetooth nuclear launch button “for use on private roads and race track only”. BTW, this is an official BMW part, not some after market Halford special. In the case of my car it also remaps the engine for more BHP, and Torque along with faster throttle response. The car is also Chilli red with white go faster stripes on the bonnet, so its pretty much mandatory to wear your baseball cap backwards whilst driving it.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Now I'm picturing a 55 year old Bart behind the wheel of a mini and it just can't be undone. 😟
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Back on topic, pan roof over sports exhaust, it’s a nice to have and no 911 sounds, just take the black tips. The flap opens on start up with gen1/2 guess 3 would be same. 20” wheels in black would be great. Why the Matt black rear logo?
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

MikeM wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:13 pm Back on topic, pan roof over sports exhaust, it’s a nice to have and no 911 sounds, just take the black tips. The flap opens on start up with gen1/2 guess 3 would be same. 20” wheels in black would be great. Why the Matt black rear logo?
So do I assume they sound the same at startup ? Really like the black badges and I’m not a fan of silver. Did think maybe lose the macan s logo though. Especially with black paint