GTS build dates

All your ordering information here!
bompey

Post by bompey »

My GTS has been brought forward a couple of weeks and may be here by end of October. Woohoo
Macan 1 - jet black turbo with 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 2 - volcano grey GTS with black 20" RS spyders now sold
Macan 3 - dolomite silver GTS loving it
also 981 Boxster S

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

bompey wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:45 pm My GTS has been brought forward a couple of weeks and may be here by end of October. Woohoo
This seems to be happening a lot now. That’s at least 3 of us that have had our deliveries bought forward.
Mwillia

Post by Mwillia »

Hello folks. I placed a GTS order with OPC (Reading) on July 27th.I hadn’t any update on build/delivery of late so just contacted the Sales Exec. who said the order was ‘in a queue waiting for allocation’…and until they have the outcome of that allocation they could not specify when might be built & delivered (upon ordering,indication was delivery by Christmas 2021,now Q1 (maybe).
This doesn’t sound too encouraging….does anyone know precisely what ‘in a queue waiting for allocation’ really means…does that point to my actual order or the OPC’s overall GTS allocation ? Any advice appreciated.
Last edited by Mwillia on Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Mwillia wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:15 pm Hello folks. I placed a GTS order with OPC (Reading) on July 27th.I hadn’t any update on build/delivery of late so just contacted the Sales Exec. who said the order was ‘a queue waiting for allocation’…and until they have the outcome of that allocation they could not specify when might be built & delivered (upon ordering,indication was delivery by Christmas 2021,now Q1 (maybe).
This doesn’t sound too encouraging….does anyone know precisely what ‘in a queue waiting for allocation’ really means…does that point to my actual order or the OPC’s overall GTS allocation ? Any advice appreciated.
An allocation will come with a build month attached, it sounds like your order is created (V070) but you don’t have a delivery date determined (V200) because they don’t have a car to give you yet.

You will get an allocation when Porsche provide the OPC with a car that they can allocate to a customer, I can’t imagine you’d be getting a car until Q2/3 at this stage if I was guessing.

The OPC will have a queue of people, normally in the order of who put deposit down first. So the allocations will be given to those customers as and when the OPC have them.

You should ask how many people are in the queue in front of you waiting for an allocation. Also ask when they expect to get the next group of allocations.
GTB

Post by GTB »

Mwillia wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:15 pm Hello folks. I placed a GTS order with OPC (Reading) on July 27th.I hadn’t any update on build/delivery of late so just contacted the Sales Exec. who said the order was ‘a queue waiting for allocation’…and until they have the outcome of that allocation they could not specify when might be built & delivered (upon ordering,indication was delivery by Christmas 2021,now Q1 (maybe).
Like yourself I placed a GTS order and paid deposit 1st September, at the time, I was already aware of delivery/production timescales, so SE verbally informed me that my car was likley to be a end of Q1 build with Q2 delivery 2022. I had no issues with that as he wasnt suggesting before I paid my deposit I was likley to get a car sooner. Im in no rush for the GTS although sooner is better than later, as trading in my current vehicle as remainder of my deposit, so of course we cant work to exact value of that given estimated delivery period is so far away.

Anyway I made an enquiry with the SE at the OPC a few days ago, basically so they remember who Iam and they indicated "will not get our Q1 allocations until November/December this year. " Im not particularly upset, annoyed or even delighted with this correspondance albeit can understand how others on the forum could fall into one of those descriptions. For now based on that info build/delivery isnt before or any worse than their original discussion with me. I guess the crux will be when the OPC get their allocations and my place in queue with them means initial timescale slips. Im new to Porsche so this is all new for me. But having "Built" and specced other cars over the years and a normal 16 week delivery from order timescale and this whole Covid, computer chip parts situation and those other brands also advising at this time nine months to a year for indvidual buils, then again Im not particularly worried.

Cheers GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Mwillia

Post by Mwillia »

Thanks for the helpful tips/advice,much appreciated. I too new to Porsche ownership but having been told (when committing to the order) I could expect delivery of car before Christmas,and now Q1 next year indicative only,as the car is a run-out model,I’m not happy to wait until beyond end of Q1….
NWaldeck123

Post by NWaldeck123 »

It’s interesting on delivery dates as commented by several other people, I think Ive been lucky as was going to go with a Gen II then Gen III came out so changed. Confirmed spec etc. I was then told that there were delays, thought no problem a lot of supply issues currently. Then of a sudden my GTS is now in the UK and expected to be available in 2 weeks time.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

NWaldeck123 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:12 pm It’s interesting on delivery dates as commented by several other people, I think Ive been lucky as was going to go with a Gen II then Gen III came out so changed. Confirmed spec etc. I was then told that there were delays, thought no problem a lot of supply issues currently. Then of a sudden my GTS is now in the UK and expected to be available in 2 weeks time.
Welcome!

Wow - great news! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Congrats!!!

Which OPCis that?
NWaldeck123

Post by NWaldeck123 »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:38 pm Congrats!!!

Which OPCis that?
Reading