GTS build dates

All your ordering information here!
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

It’s not just Macan’s. I put a deposit down on a Cayenne GTS at the start of January and the latest is that I might get it late October. My theory is that they’re trying to get their CO2 emissions down so if they can churn out Taycans and more efficient other models then the output of all their vehicles falls and they can slap themselves on the back. It could of course be complete crap, but I’ve seen dozens of 21 Taycans but not a whole lot of 21 on anything else.
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )

Lady C

Post by Lady C »

Paul1970 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:52 pm It’s not just Macan’s. I put a deposit down on a Cayenne GTS at the start of January and the latest is that I might get it late October. My theory is that they’re trying to get their CO2 emissions down so if they can churn out Taycans and more efficient other models then the output of all their vehicles falls and they can slap themselves on the back. It could of course be complete crap, but I’ve seen dozens of 21 Taycans but not a whole lot of 21 on anything else.
My local dealer has had a lot of Taycan orders cancelled with no timescales for rescheduling, they have had to phone customers who’ve paid deposits to tell them they have no idea when the cars will be ready so I’m not sure it’s that
Ordered - Macan GTS Gen 3 (currently number 9 in the queue)
Current - Range Rover Sport Autobiography
Previous - RRS / Audi A7 / RRS / Nissan 350z / VW R32 + more
Barmcake

Post by Barmcake »

I recently had my 2017 Macan GTS stolen from the drive. Yeah, it sucks.
Taken a while to get the insurance sorted, and have finally felt able to go to the local OPC to put a deposit on a new dream build Gen 3 GTS in Papaya (www.porsche-code.com/PNZSZ444) - only to be told the lead time is now 2023!
Have called around other dealers in the region and been told the same, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Otherwise I either keep my powder dry for the next 15 - 18 months, or look for an alternative, neither of which has much appeal.
I'm trying to convince myself that if / when it finally comes it will be worth the wait...
Mike

2022 Macan GTS - Papaya

Previous:
2017 Macan GTS - Sapphire Blue
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Barmcake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm I recently had my 2017 Macan GTS stolen from the drive. Yeah, it sucks.
Taken a while to get the insurance sorted, and have finally felt able to go to the local OPC to put a deposit on a new dream build Gen 3 GTS in Papaya (www.porsche-code.com/PNZSZ444) - only to be told the lead time is now 2023!
Have called around other dealers in the region and been told the same, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Otherwise I either keep my powder dry for the next 15 - 18 months, or look for an alternative, neither of which has much appeal.
I'm trying to convince myself that if / when it finally comes it will be worth the wait...
Barmcake,

really sorry to hear about your loss.

May I ask how it was taken if you know? Did it have keyless entry?

:-(

Ps I've just put a curse on the thieves on your behalf.
Barmcake

Post by Barmcake »

Hey Nelladrahcir

Taken the old fashioned way I'm afraid - we'd been away a couple of days & the toe-rags bust in the back through the patio doors and stole both sets of keys. Bad for us, but hopefully reassuring for anyone with the keyless system.
Local police were surprised - apparently this was the first Porsche stolen in the county this year. Normally the scum go for Rangeys, BMWs, Audis & VWs. They reckon it was taken to order, especially since they must have brought false plates as it didn't trigger any ANPR.
Mike

2022 Macan GTS - Papaya

Previous:
2017 Macan GTS - Sapphire Blue
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Has any contributor on here gone quiet recently about wanting a GTS? :?

One thing is for sure though, I'll never be leaving car and keys together "unattended" although I've always kept door and 'primary' car key on the same ring so I can't go anywhere leaving one behind. Already fitted Ultion locks on every entrance, even having to have a new back door to enable it.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4325

Bastards!
I'm thinking punji traps on the seats when unattended?
Deleted User 4325

Barmcake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:11 pm Hey Nelladrahcir

Taken the old fashioned way I'm afraid - we'd been away a couple of days & the toe-rags bust in the back through the patio doors and stole both sets of keys. Bad for us, but hopefully reassuring for anyone with the keyless system.
Local police were surprised - apparently this was the first Porsche stolen in the county this year. Normally the scum go for Rangeys, BMWs, Audis & VWs. They reckon it was taken to order, especially since they must have brought false plates as it didn't trigger any ANPR.
Have to keep any eye out for it on ebay/autotrader given how rare the model is it will turn up quite quickly I should think.
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Barmcake wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm I recently had my 2017 Macan GTS stolen from the drive. Yeah, it sucks.
Phone around some dealers and see if any Gen2 Turbos have come through unclaimed.
Saves yourself the wait.
RAA

Post by RAA »

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:46 pm Has any contributor on here gone quiet recently about wanting a GTS? :?

One thing is for sure though, I'll never be leaving car and keys together "unattended" although I've always kept door and 'primary' car key on the same ring so I can't go anywhere leaving one behind. Already fitted Ultion locks on every entrance, even having to have a new back door to enable it.
Just looked up Ultion locks - one person responded to a video on YouTube, none too favourably: He said they were notoriously easy to pick. Now I'm worried - I've got a similar lock fitted to my back door.