GTS build dates

All your ordering information here!
Post Reply
User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Post by SAC1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:10 pm

Ouch! Looks like its been Tangoed @
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:12 pm

mark-yorkshire wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:57 am
Barmcake wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm
I recently had my 2017 Macan GTS stolen from the drive. Yeah, it sucks.
Taken a while to get the insurance sorted, and have finally felt able to go to the local OPC to put a deposit on a new dream build Gen 3 GTS in Papaya (www.porsche-code.com/PNZSZ444) - only to be told the lead time is now 2023!
Have called around other dealers in the region and been told the same, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Otherwise I either keep my powder dry for the next 15 - 18 months, or look for an alternative, neither of which has much appeal.
I'm trying to convince myself that if / when it finally comes it will be worth the wait...
A new pic of Papaya on a GTS
C4E7B4F0-26D1-476D-8966-67BE45AFB242.png
that looks fantastic, but I still think its all about the lighting with Papaya. Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh

Nelladrahcir
Posts: 300
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Post by Nelladrahcir » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 pm

OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:12 pm
mark-yorkshire wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:57 am
Barmcake wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:41 pm
I recently had my 2017 Macan GTS stolen from the drive. Yeah, it sucks.
Taken a while to get the insurance sorted, and have finally felt able to go to the local OPC to put a deposit on a new dream build Gen 3 GTS in Papaya (www.porsche-code.com/PNZSZ444) - only to be told the lead time is now 2023!
Have called around other dealers in the region and been told the same, so if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Otherwise I either keep my powder dry for the next 15 - 18 months, or look for an alternative, neither of which has much appeal.
I'm trying to convince myself that if / when it finally comes it will be worth the wait...
A new pic of Papaya on a GTS
C4E7B4F0-26D1-476D-8966-67BE45AFB242.png
that looks fantastic, but I still think its all about the lighting with Papaya. Looking forward to seeing one in the flesh
Saw a Panamera in Papaya yesterday and it doesn't look as 'Golden' as that picture. It looked like a nice colour but not for me.

Some of the Porsche colours vary so much in the light. Even in daylight the carmine red went from red to virtually maroon when the clouds came over!

mark-yorkshire
Posts: 2985
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by mark-yorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 pm

And another

5A23AA6D-55A4-4BB3-8194-2C2161D54651.png

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian due
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

BanZ
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by BanZ » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm

I personally think the Papaya looks better in the base/S for Gen 3 than the GTS with the additional colour on the front grill. I also think 'controversially' that the black side blades go really well with Papaya. Sadly I wasnt brave enough/didnt convince the other half to pick orange over grey for a car.

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 pm

BanZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm
I personally think the Papaya looks better in the base/S for Gen 3 than the GTS with the additional colour on the front grill. I also think 'controversially' that the black side blades go really well with Papaya. Sadly I wasnt brave enough/didnt convince the other half to pick orange over grey for a car.
Yep, I’ve gone Volcano too. In my case my son has a VERY orange car so having both on the drive will make it look like we work for EasyJet.

7B1972CD-FCDB-41A1-82EC-6711B4D1B02E.png


mark-yorkshire
Posts: 2985
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by mark-yorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:03 pm

BanZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm
I personally think the Papaya looks better in the base/S for Gen 3 than the GTS with the additional colour on the front grill. I also think 'controversially' that the black side blades go really well with Papaya. Sadly I wasnt brave enough/didnt convince the other half to pick orange over grey for a car.
I originally specced Papaya but bottled out when I saw some videos of Papaya on Panamera which looked a bit brown in certain lights.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian due
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

mark-yorkshire
Posts: 2985
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by mark-yorkshire » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:11 pm

OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 pm
BanZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm
I personally think the Papaya looks better in the base/S for Gen 3 than the GTS with the additional colour on the front grill. I also think 'controversially' that the black side blades go really well with Papaya. Sadly I wasnt brave enough/didnt convince the other half to pick orange over grey for a car.
Yep, I’ve gone Volcano too. In my case my son has a VERY orange car so having both on the drive will make it look like we work for EasyJet.

7B1972CD-FCDB-41A1-82EC-6711B4D1B02E.png
My daughter has a Mini Cooper in Solaris Orange which looks the business

4EBCEAE8-A590-43A9-9945-BE85A944BE5D.jpeg

2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian due
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.

User avatar
SAC1
Posts: 2285
Joined: Wed May 24, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: near BATH

Post by SAC1 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Yep and fun colour on a Mini
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver

OmniCognateSnr
Posts: 1288
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:07 am

Post by OmniCognateSnr » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:17 pm

mark-yorkshire wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:11 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:02 pm
BanZ wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:35 pm
I personally think the Papaya looks better in the base/S for Gen 3 than the GTS with the additional colour on the front grill. I also think 'controversially' that the black side blades go really well with Papaya. Sadly I wasnt brave enough/didnt convince the other half to pick orange over grey for a car.
Yep, I’ve gone Volcano too. In my case my son has a VERY orange car so having both on the drive will make it look like we work for EasyJet.

7B1972CD-FCDB-41A1-82EC-6711B4D1B02E.png
My daughter has a Mini Cooper in Solaris Orange which looks the business
4EBCEAE8-A590-43A9-9945-BE85A944BE5D.jpeg
my mini is chilli red. Great cars. Just swapped my plates out ( private plates ) in anticipation of bunging them on the Macan

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post