Order Placed

All your ordering information here!
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

Afternoon everyone, been lurking and reading for a few weeks now since we decided a Macan was for us. Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Gen 3 S on Sunday - PNNXZ1CO. Delivery date quoted as March/April which is as I feared but just how things are right now. The Long Wait now begins! :lol:

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Congrats on your order. Hopefully things will pick up a bit soon and you’ll get it a tad quicker. Who did you order through?
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Dunders71 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:15 pm Afternoon everyone, been lurking and reading for a few weeks now since we decided a Macan was for us. Finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Gen 3 S on Sunday - PNNXZ1CO. Delivery date quoted as March/April which is as I feared but just how things are right now. The Long Wait now begins! :lol:
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Just to put things in context, when I ordered my SD in January 2015, quoted delivery was 14 months. Fortunately, Porsche increased production and the car arrived after 6 months. BTW for some reason your build code keeps coming up as invalid.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

Cheers both, ordered from Porsche Leeds and the sales guy did say he was hopeful it would be sooner - all the 2021 slots were taken (he showed me the order system) and they haven't had 2022 allocations yet so it was a (hopefully pessimistic) guess in fairness to him.

Code is invalid as the last digit should be zero not O as I typed - at least I think that's the issue!! So the code is PNNXZ1C0 - be kind!
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Welcome :D :D

My Macan did take 14 months before delivery ............but worth the wait :D :D :D
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

So I've obviously continued to play on the configurator and I'm toying with the black leather interior upgrade. What's everyone's view on this? Worth the money or not?
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Makanik wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
I’d get rid of Bose but acc is the worst thing I’ve ever had in a car so definitely wouldn’t go for that :D
Deleted User 4436

Dunders71 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:00 pm So I've obviously continued to play on the configurator and I'm toying with the black leather interior upgrade. What's everyone's view on this? Worth the money or not?
I have specced the full leather. For me the interior is the most important part, because its the bit you see the most. The base materials in the Macan aren’t bad but are no better ( look almost identical in fact ) than my mini. The Macan is an expensive car and I want it to feel that way. I still remember the smell of the leather every time I got into my Aston, even after a few years.

I’m also not a fan of fake leather.

One thing I would say I agonised over was whether to stick with black, or go with the mix black and pebble grey. Its not much more expensive, looks fantastic and lightens up the interior. In the end I stuck with all black because the mix of pebble grey and black was a little too similar to my current car, and the seats do end up needing cleaning slightly more than I’d like.
Deleted User 4436

Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Makanik wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
I’d get rid of Bose but acc is the worst thing I’ve ever had in a car so definitely wouldn’t go for that :D
Just to give you an idea of other peoples choices, I’d say ACC is fantastic and I’d never buy another car without it. Vive la difference