Order Placed

All your ordering information here!
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:31 pm
Dunders71 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:00 pm So I've obviously continued to play on the configurator and I'm toying with the black leather interior upgrade. What's everyone's view on this? Worth the money or not?
I have specced the full leather. For me the interior is the most important part, because its the bit you see the most. The base materials in the Macan aren’t bad but are no better ( look almost identical in fact ) than my mini. The Macan is an expensive car and I want it to feel that way. I still remember the smell of the leather every time I got into my Aston, even after a few years.

I’m also not a fan of fake leather.

One thing I would say I agonised over was whether to stick with black, or go with the mix black and pebble grey. Its not much more expensive, looks fantastic and lightens up the interior. In the end I stuck with all black because the mix of pebble grey and black was a little too similar to my current car, and the seats do end up needing cleaning slightly more than I’d like.
Have to say I'm favouring the leather, especially for the seats, but just not sure it's worth the cash, especially coming from an Audi Q3 that despite being the Vorsprung has very little leather (or even fake leather) so not sure I'd miss what I haven't had! More playing on the configurator ahead I feel!!

Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:32 pm
Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:25 pm
Makanik wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
I’d get rid of Bose but acc is the worst thing I’ve ever had in a car so definitely wouldn’t go for that :D
Just to give you an idea of other peoples choices, I’d say ACC is fantastic and I’d never buy another car without it. Vive la difference
Defo won't be bothering with the ACC - have nothing against it, in fact much prefer it to the standard cruise, but having used it 4 times in the 4 years I've had it on cars it's not worth the spend for me.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

Makanik wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:42 pm Looks like a very sensible spec to me, although I would replace Bose with Adaptive Cruise Control.
I’d get rid of Bose but acc is the worst thing I’ve ever had in a car so definitely wouldn’t go for that :D
Just to give you an idea of other peoples choices, I’d say ACC is fantastic and I’d never buy another car without it. Vive la difference
Ha we all like different things of course. I had it on a 2017 Tiguan and whilst useful at first I tired of it in the end. Useful in traffic but under normal driving it took over too much control for my liking. Also couldn’t revert to normal Cruise control on Tiguan, was adaptive or nothing. Not sure if that’s any different on macan.

I think my biggest hate was actually the camera the car gained which twice tried to make an emergency stop when a car in front was turning left. I’d cleared the turning car but the sensor didn’t think so. Both occasions as well as scaring the hell out of me it almost caused a pile up with the cars behind. Something I saw mentioned a lot of the Tiguan and golf r forums
Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

My Macan GTS had the extended leather and I thought the interior was absolutely stunning. “Sumptuous”” is the word that comes to mind. Only really appreciated it when I was speccing up my replacement Cayenne and the black plastic like surface across the entire front of the basic model really cheapened the whole look and feel of the interior.
So I agree that the extended leather is worth it (although at these prices it should be standard).
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Winryn wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:49 pm

Ha we all like different things of course. I had it on a 2017 Tiguan and whilst useful at first I tired of it in the end. Useful in traffic but under normal driving it took over too much control for my liking. Also couldn’t revert to normal Cruise control on Tiguan, was adaptive or nothing. Not sure if that’s any different on macan.

I think my biggest hate was actually the camera the car gained which twice tried to make an emergency stop when a car in front was turning left. I’d cleared the turning car but the sensor didn’t think so. Both occasions as well as scaring the hell out of me it almost caused a pile up with the cars behind. Something I saw mentioned a lot of the Tiguan and golf r forums
i only ever use mine on motorways/dual carriage ways. in anything slower I use the speed limiter.

I’ve heard of other cars ACC freaking out, apparently Tesla’s are especially good at it, but I’ve never experienced it myself. I can certainly see why it would put you off.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:31 pm
Dunders71 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:00 pm So I've obviously continued to play on the configurator and I'm toying with the black leather interior upgrade. What's everyone's view on this? Worth the money or not?
I have specced the full leather. For me the interior is the most important part, because its the bit you see the most. The base materials in the Macan aren’t bad but are no better ( look almost identical in fact ) than my mini. The Macan is an expensive car and I want it to feel that way. I still remember the smell of the leather every time I got into my Aston, even after a few years.

I’m also not a fan of fake leather.

One thing I would say I agonised over was whether to stick with black, or go with the mix black and pebble grey. Its not much more expensive, looks fantastic and lightens up the interior. In the end I stuck with all black because the mix of pebble grey and black was a little too similar to my current car, and the seats do end up needing cleaning slightly more than I’d like.
Agree I got extended leather interior as well. You feel the difference every time you get into the car
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

ACC is great, not had any issues with it at all in five years use of it. Having it switched on but no speed set enables the auto braking to be active which is a great feature to have.

On dual carriageways and motorways it is far safer than standard fixed speed cruise which does not have the safety braking.

On the safety front, you may like to consider rear airbags if you carry passengers in the rear.

Do not forget the spare wheel.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 pm ACC is great, not had any issues with it at all in five years use of it. Having it switched on but no speed set enables the auto braking to be active which is a great feature to have.

On dual carriageways and motorways it is far safer than standard fixed speed cruise which does not have the safety braking.

On the safety front, you may like to consider rear airbags if you carry passengers in the rear.

Do not forget the spare wheel.
I’ve never really got a lot of details on the rear airbags, but ordered them out of an abundance of caution as I have young children in the back.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:28 pm ACC is great, not had any issues with it at all in five years use of it. Having it switched on but no speed set enables the auto braking to be active which is a great feature to have.

Col, how have you tested/proved that "auto braking"? I have ACC on a lot but have never felt it intervene without speed and distance set, many have been the times when approaching stationary traffic I've wimped out and hit the brake though! Might it be different between the "generations"?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Agreed - if you don't have the ability to drive or concentrate then ACC is for you. If you can't and don't trust yourself then get it
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S