Poss spec for my Gen 3 Macan

All your ordering information here!
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Thanks all, some good points! Sorry still working out how to reply to individual replies but good point re the PDSL+ I’ll be happy to drop that.

Surround view I’ve never had it so will get the dealer to show me and knowing what I’m like will add that on.

Re the seats, Ive read a few posts (albeit on other Porsche forums) and the general feedback has been the race Rex is cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, offers better grip and is quiet durable…..

Point taken on the S and yes in terms of Engine its far superior. I’m in 2 minds with this. The 2.0 will be fine for me in terms of my driving style etc. I’m not overly fussed about speed anymore (getting old) and generally the most part where I live and drive you can’t do anything with it.

The other part of me knows it’s likely the last ICE car I get and the 2.9 will be a special engine for that reason alone. Do I get a slightly better spec car with more toys and a 2.0 or a less spec car but better engine? Yes it will be on PCP….

Im currently driving an A35 AMG and have averaged 23mpg over 19000 miles.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

MacanPNeil wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 pm Thanks all, some good points! Sorry still working out how to reply to individual replies but good point re the PDSL+ I’ll be happy to drop that.

Surround view I’ve never had it so will get the dealer to show me and knowing what I’m like will add that on.

Re the seats, Ive read a few posts (albeit on other Porsche forums) and the general feedback has been the race Rex is cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, offers better grip and is quiet durable…..

Point taken on the S and yes in terms of Engine its far superior. I’m in 2 minds with this. The 2.0 will be fine for me in terms of my driving style etc. I’m not overly fussed about speed anymore (getting old) and generally the most part where I live and drive you can’t do anything with it.

The other part of me knows it’s likely the last ICE car I get and the 2.9 will be a special engine for that reason alone. Do I get a slightly better spec car with more toys and a 2.0 or a less spec car but better engine? Yes it will be on PCP….

To reply to a specfic individual - tab on the " at top right of their post.

The 8-way seats with race tex are great and I can confirm your plus points. I've had them on both my Macans.

The 2.9 engine is a peach - well worth going for it and the V6 sounds great. The Macan is a near 2-ton car and the extra power will make overtaking a doddle. Probably little in it on cost on a PCP.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

MacanPNeil wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:15 pm Thanks all, some good points! Sorry still working out how to reply to individual replies but good point re the PDSL+ I’ll be happy to drop that.

We originally went for base model however from reading on the forum, ended up with the S. Obviously very spec dependent but turned out only £15 p/month more for us. Was a no brainer for us but then everyone is different. Might be worth a look. Either way, it’ll be a great drive.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Joe390 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:53 pm

We originally went for base model however from reading on the forum, ended up with the S. Obviously very spec dependent but turned out only £15 p/month more for us. Was a no brainer for us but then everyone is different. Might be worth a look. Either way, it’ll be a great drive.
Of course if you do that, then people will start asking why you don’t just stump up a little more and get a GTS. Then when you’re in the confuserator there will be “just one more option”. Its a slippery slope.
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Of course if you do that, then people will start asking why you don’t just stump up a little more and get a GTS. Then when you’re in the confuserator there will be “just one more option”. Its a slippery slope.
Yep, this is it. I set myself a budget and I would like to stick to it. At the end of the day yes if money was no object then it would be a GTS! I think for the most part I rather have the options / toys for the sake of the odd overtake…
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MacanPNeil wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:34 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:07 pm

Yep, this is it. I set myself a budget and I would like to stick to it. At the end of the day yes if money was no object then it would be a GTS! I think for the most part I rather have the options / toys for the sake of the odd overtake…
Totally agree. If you’re not going to wang it around country lanes its more about comfort and style, so bung in a load of options. Only Porsche fans would ever be able to tell its not a GTS anyway. The Macan, The S snd the GTS all look exactly the same apart from the ugly grill on the GTS.