Poss spec for my Gen 3 Macan

All your ordering information here!
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Hi All,

Am popping into my local Porsche dealer this weekend to place a deposit on a Gen 3 Macan 2.0 to arrive early next year!

Was looking at Gen 2's earlier in the year but couldn't find the spec I wanted (mainly with the ACC) and with prices for the used ones where they are it make sense (?!) for me to go new and get the spec I would like.

Below is my perspective spec and I welcome your feedback / comments / advice. I'm not spec'ing it with the mindset of resale hence I've not gone for things like Bose / Pan roof etc.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYP9925

My last 3 cars have all been white and whilst I am open to a 'colour' I prefer a lighter colour to avoid seeing swirls etc on the paintwork...I was thinking dolomite silver and then poss colour coding the blades. If crayon was priced like the other metallic paints then I would go for that but cant stomach paying £1k more....With the wheels I was thinking once I get board or the wife's kerbed them I would have them re-done in a glossy black....

Look forward to feedback / comments.

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Welcome.

I’ve chosen Volcano ( dark grey metallic) but I really like the macan in white. Only comment I’d make on your spec is the PDLS plus. As far as I can tell the only benefit that gets you is auto dipping full beam and some fancy do-dad that uses the sat nav to work out when there’s a corner coming up rather than waiting for you to turn the wheel. The Macan comes with PDLS as standard at no cost.

My current car has auto-dipping full beam and its ok but elicits a certain amount of anxiety and guilt on the occasions when it decides to blind the car in front, like on hills and very bendy roads. I often turn it off. I’d be happy to have it in the Macan but wouldn’t pay for it. Definitely not interested in the other part of PDLS+. So personally I’d use that money for something else.

Oh, one more thing, you may want to consider the surround reversing camera, as it gives you a top down view that should save the horribly expensive wheels from needing a referb. Then again, that kind of messes up your master plan for getting them painted a different colour, so….
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Have you considered the S? The wheels would be included as well as PASM which I’d say it’s important if you choose 20” wheels. If you’re doing PCP route, the residuals are better too so likely only a small impact on monthly payments.
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

The price differential between the base and S is much bigger than it used to be but I’d suggest considering the S. I think you get a few extras included now e.g. 20 inch wheels.

I’d also recommend going for surround view, heated steering wheel and 14 or 18 way seats.
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Hi MalcanPNeil and welcome to the forum.

A few thoughts:

you've gone for a basic level interior. You may struggle to find an OPC demonstrator with this interior but you should try because the Macan interior looks so much better in leather and you need to be sure that the seats are sufficiently comfortable for you and your wife. The 14 way seats are only £816 more (because you no longer need the driver memory package). For that, apart from a much more adjustable seat, you get the passenger mirror dipping in reverse and full electric adjustment of the passenger seat.

I agree with others who've recommended Surround View instead of just the Reversing Camera, it really is a big improvement.

If you're an enthusiastic driver then PASM makes a beg difference to the handling of the car.

I've driven a Gen 2 2L and around town and on country roads it's fine. It just isn't in the same league as the S when it comes to overtaking.

Good hunting.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4388

Post by Deleted User 4388 »

I would just like to expand on the standard seats comment. I believe both front seats are now electric (8 way) but if you upgrade to 14/18 way, they become more more adjustable (obviously), I think you get full leather seats (this is still in discussion on here), memory both sides, and electric steering adjustment with memory function for both mirrors and steering wheel. Its quite a bit extra for the additional £800 (as mentioned above) on your current spec. Personally, i would bother with the auto dimming mirrors, particularly with the privacy glass. and the PDLS+ (as mentioned above). That's £570 towards your seats.

I would not be too worried about PASM with 20" wheels, although you should try and test drive that set up to make sure you like it. With that in mind, and the £5K saving against an S, I would stick with the base Macan and enjoy!

I admire your discipline with the options and keeping the price in check.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I have also ordered the base 2litre with the same wheels. I had Carrara white on my Boxster T which I really liked but not too keen on SUVs in white. Somewhat strangely I do like Crayon on the Macan but not prepared to pay the price. Have gone with Gentian but I don’t mind spending time on car cleaning. I’m hoping the extra 20bhp on the gen 3 will give the base enough power to satisfy my modest needs ( sadly I never really found much opportunity to explore the upper end of the 300bhp on my Boxster- traffic, speed limits, speed cameras and bloody awful road maintenance really do limit the opportunities ).
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Seventy Seven

Post by Seventy Seven »

Looks nice.

Consider memory seats; heated steering wheel; heated screen; spare wheel.

Assume you don’t want Pano.
Current:
997.2 C2S, Meteor Grey, PDK (with paddles), PSE, Sports Chrono, etc.... (2009)
Macan, Volcano Grey, 21” RS Spyder Design Alloys (2020): http://www.porsche-code.com/PLVB2FZ0
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

+1 for the heated wheel.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:25 pm +1 for the heated wheel.
Agree. The final fling for me when I specced my GEN2.