Porsche Ordering System

All your ordering information here!
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm I guess the question is what have others received when they have signed their paperwork/put the deposit down. What should you get once your build slot is confirmed, when it goes v210 etc ? When should you get a myporsche login ?
True. Got any answers from your own experience?
First time Porsche buyer so not got much to go on other than current experience but when I went into the OPC to 'finalise' the spec a couple of weeks ago (obvs I've changed it since!) the sales guy showed me the ordering system online - shows each model and their allocations and orders. For the Macan S it showed all 23 slots for 2021 were taken with 19 orders waiting allocation. Didn't yet have 2022's allocation but typically my OPC get 7/8/9 per month so I'm looking at March build unless they get more or anyone cancels an order.

cc3

Post by cc3 »

Like any car manufacturer take any production date with a inch of salt. The quoted build dates might not mean your car gets released to the dealer as it could still be short of a chip or two. Friends with BMW’s on order have been told it arrives when it arrives with some now being quoted anytime in the next 12 months!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

jharrower wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:20 pm
BanZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:16 pm I guess the question is what have others received when they have signed their paperwork/put the deposit down. What should you get once your build slot is confirmed, when it goes v210 etc ? When should you get a myporsche login ?
True. Got any answers from your own experience?
This is my first time buying a porsche so was hoping others could shed some more light on what is 'normal' . I have been told my freeze pt was in August, its pre production, its currently V210 and expected CP8.0 is 24/09/21 - with a screen shot to show this. My SE though has repeatedly said we shall have to wait and see what happens. Ive also had a screen shot of my spec. I have signed paperwork and paid the deposit but not had anything else in terms of paperwork or confirmations, or a myporsche login or invitation to a Porsche experience day etc. I dont know if other people get any additional paperwork, assurances or visibility normally or 'this is the way' ?
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Some people are still waiting for their experience days after receiving they're cars.

Mine is this month and as I said earlier I've not even had mine locked.

Which is why I'm now umming and ahhing about swapping for the full python experience!!!
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 am Some people are still waiting for their experience days after receiving they're cars.

Which is why I'm now umming and ahhing about swapping for the full python experience!!!
I hear alot of people saying you should go for python or papaya - but very few people saying they have committed to it. I like papaya and was very tempted by the red but the other half convinced me to go for Volcano Grey - I shall look forward to trying to spot it in the Tesco carpark along with all other grey SUVs ;)
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

BanZ wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:32 am
Nelladrahcir wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:28 am Some people are still waiting for their experience days after receiving they're cars.

I hear alot of people saying you should go for python or papaya - but very few people saying they have committed to it. I like papaya and was very tempted by the red but the other half convinced me to go for Volcano Grey - I shall look forward to trying to spot it in the Tesco carpark along with all other grey SUVs ;)
Especially when parked next to my Volcano Macan. I had exactly the same dilemma. I like Papaya but as mentioned elsewhere am worried it will look brown in dim British outdoor light and it also seems to be a massive popular colour choice for just about every cheap car brand this year, so it may date your car a bit if you chose it.
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I rang the experience centre at Silverstone today to ask when I would receive my invite and was told that they have a big backlog and are just sending out invites to customers who ordered in July. As I ordered in August it will be at least another month before I get an invite e mail.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4436

mark-yorkshire wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:26 pm

I rang the experience centre at Silverstone today to ask when I would receive my invite and was told that they have a big backlog and are just sending out invites to customers who ordered in July. As I ordered in August it will be at least another month before I get an invite e mail.
I ordered in early July, so I'll let you know if/when I hear anything.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:42 pm

Spoke to my OPC and they said Porsche had suspended production of the S for UK orders in favour of the GTS as even the Germans are fed up with Omni changing his config every 10 mins 😂 Only joking Omni you'll have the last laugh I'm sure 👍
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Deleted User 4436

PorscheMack wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:24 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:42 pm
Spoke to my OPC and they said Porsche had suspended production of the S for UK orders in favour of the GTS as even the Germans are fed up with Omni changing his config every 10 mins 😂 Only joking Omni you'll have the last laugh I'm sure 👍
Harsh. I actually only changed it with the stealer twice. Before that, millions of times!

BTW, I’m a middle child ( you can tell, right? ) and I’ve been married or nearly 30 years and have kids, I’m used to constant abuse.