The day has come! - Gen III

All your ordering information here!
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

You're probably now wondering from the subject if I've an update on my build date or even better a delivery date scheduled, But no, Today "FINALLY" the Macan configurator has opened in the middle east

Yes it was late but interestingly with many standard options which I was hesitated in other regions configurators to add to my config. or not, I don't have to worry about AS anymore because it's standard even on S, Neither dimming mirrors or power steering plus, and most importantly there is "warning and brake assist" as standard so I don't have to add ACC just to get it

Without further due, I present my two builds below, S vs. GTS

Macan S
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNPTZYQ8

Macan GTS
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNFD6DN4

Little facts, I started looking at base and now seriously considering GTS, I don't mind removing sport exhaust from S, I wasn't intending to add Bose but I was expecting higher base pricing so got motivated to add, Seat heating is standard on GTS only so I though to add ventilation as well, The one thing that is holding me down on the GTS is the PSCB and the crazy replacement cost so I will ask the dealer if I can change to standard brakes when it's due for change

That's about it, Any comments or discussions would be great
Last edited by Macaning on Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

The GTS
You are spending way to much on options for that S
(Ie 82 SAR / 302 SAR x 100). 27% of the list price is going on extras!

For the GTS the same calculation comes to 14% of the list price. Half.

Options depreciate quicker. I’d get the GTS for this reason
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I've spoken to a few OPC mechanics about Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Whilst they are more expensive when you eventually have to replace them from the 'horses mouths' they never ever have to as they last for ages compared to normalpads and discs. Upto 150k miles for the discs (how many Porsches have that kind of mileage) and 50k+ for the pads which only one of the 3 mechanics had ever had to change and that was only once!
Jim S

Post by Jim S »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am I've spoken to a few OPC mechanics about Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Whilst they are more expensive when you eventually have to replace them from the 'horses mouths' they never ever have to as they last for ages compared to normalpads and discs. Upto 150k miles for the discs (how many Porsches have that kind of mileage) and 50k+ for the pads which only one of the 3 mechanics had ever had to change and that was only once!
I was told the same by an OPC then I said that I think you are thinking of the PCCB which last for almost ever and they agreed that that’s the ones they had been referring to. They said PSCB lasted about 30-40% longer so for me I will definitely have to change at least once during my ownership which will most likely be ten years.

You can however replace them with Porsche steel discs at a fraction of the cost.

Jim
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am I've spoken to a few OPC mechanics about Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB). Whilst they are more expensive when you eventually have to replace them from the 'horses mouths' they never ever have to as they last for ages compared to normalpads and discs. Upto 150k miles for the discs (how many Porsches have that kind of mileage) and 50k+ for the pads which only one of the 3 mechanics had ever had to change and that was only once!
Huh? How many Porsches with PSCBs have actually done over 150k miles?! PSCBs have not actually been around for very long. I agree with Jim that they probably were referring to PCCBs. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

sd1985 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:38 am The GTS
You are spending way to much on options for that S
(Ie 82 SAR / 302 SAR x 100). 27% of the list price is going on extras!

For the GTS the same calculation comes to 14% of the list price. Half.

Options depreciate quicker. I’d get the GTS for this reason
Interesting point, Thanks for the heads up
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Would be great if it lasts that long, Regarding pads & discs, The dealers around here usually make whatever excuse to change discs along with pads, They always say it will make squeal sounds or something, The pads cost for pscb isn’t costly but the disc is like 10 times the standard discs
Macaning

Post by Macaning »

Quick question for a possible addition to the build

If I were to go for 21-inch Exclusive Design Sport wheels

Jet black metallic or high gloss black ? , Can’t really tell the difference visually, Any pics or tips on this would be appreciated
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Macaning wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:28 am
Would be great if it lasts that long, Regarding pads & discs, The dealers around here usually make whatever excuse to change discs along with pads, They always say it will make squeal sounds or something, The pads cost for pscb isn’t costly but the disc is like 10 times the standard discs
Stealers are criminal when it comes to brakes as it's they easiest thing to kid folk about.
Advise is if you can't check them yourself get someone you trust to check them before ever letting a stealer rip you off.
Brakes can squeal mid life then stop but they will always talk people into changing them.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Macaning wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:30 am Quick question for a possible addition to the build

If I were to go for 21-inch Exclusive Design Sport wheels

Jet black metallic or high gloss black ? , Can’t really tell the difference visually, Any pics or tips on this would be appreciated
I would go for the high gloss black, which is what I’ve got, as I think they’d be easier to colour match in the event of a repair. Also, as the wheels quickly became contaminated by brake dust, I don’t think you’d see much of the metallic effect 🤔😀
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon